RODNEY M. MCDONALD
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Over 10 years of experience in customer service and credit management environments
• Strong project management skills include account maintenance and problem solving
• Prompt reduction of high-dollar delinquent accounts
• Valuable experience in Fortune 100 industry revenue collection
• Experience with medical and media account collections
• Sound knowledge of bankruptcy collection laws, regulations, and policies
• Profound knowledge Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA)
• Exceptional ability to resolve all collection activities
• Accredited Claims Adjuster
• Outstanding ability to interpret complex laws
• Ability to coordinate with clients and account holders
• Familiarity with municipal business licensing
• Ability to understand and interpret complex laws
• Proficient with office equipment and software applications
• Ability to perform financial record keeping and reports
July-November 2013 Nation Recovery Center Atlanta, Georgia
• Resolved past-due accounts the Client has deemed uncollectible while adhering to FDCPA.
• Troubleshoot and obtain missing account holders’ information for timely and accurate collection.
• Successfully located and recovered amounts owed.
January 2007-February 2010 Szabo Associates, Incorporated Atlanta
• Effectively and efficiently managed and resolved delinquent national and international media accounts.
• Conducted account audits, credit analyses, refund requests, and account updates.
• Coordinated mail and telephone correspondence with account holders.
• Solicit clients for new business and provide service for legal aspects in which the credit manager may have been familiar with on their daily activities.
• Collaborated with legal and external stakeholders with drafting proof of claims for client bankruptcy filing.
• Consistently increased agency/office visibility via internal and external networking opportunities.
• Continually built understanding and knowledge of clients’ business and competitive environment to prepare and present strategically focused programs and recommendations.
April 2001-June 2006 PharMerica Tampa, Florida
Senior Reimbursement Specialist
• Billed for infusion therapy services using HCFA 1500 and UB 92.
• Ensured maximum reimbursement by billing correct ICD-9; CPT codes; Revenue codes and DRG codes.
• Ensured pertinent clinical information available for review (AOB/ABN, prescriptions, care plans, etc.).
• Escalated billing issues when necessary to maintain constant communication and ensure satisfaction.
• Developed and implemented procedures to streamline escalation process.
July 1999-March 2001 Gentiva Health Services Tampa
Home Infusion Collector
• Acted as primary liaison between agency and clients.
• Performed skip tracing to include the use of national credit bureau agencies, county probate offices, and proprietary websites.
• Directed accounts receivable activitiesto maximize reimbursements for infusion department.
• Ensured accurate, timely billing and collection.
• Developed and implemented credit/collection strategies plans to ensure goals were met.
• Answered account questions and provided timely resolution of customer complaints or grievances.
• Microsoft (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Access, Visio)
• Proprietary Software Systems
• Insurance Verification Information Portals
• AS400, IDX, Specialized Clinician System, and UNITY systems
• General office equipment (copiers, fax machines, 10-key calculators)
• Medical Terminology and Coding
• General Manager and Regional Vice President Recognition Award
• Reached company goal of $2 million collected during Calendar Year 2000
• Bachelor of Science,Magna Cum Laude,Springfield College, Springfield, Massachusetts, 2005.
• Certification in Insurance Adjustments 6-20, Hillsborough Community College, Tampa, Florida, 2004.
• Associate Degree ofScience for Accounting, University of Florida, Gainesville, 1992.
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUES