Sergio Alberto Acero Pérez
Challenging leadership position in the field of civil engineering, handling complex construction projects. Looking for an opportunity to work
as a project manager in an established construction firm or government agency.
Summary of Qualification
Professional oriented to goal achievement and finding business opportunities, with excellent communicative and analytical ability.
Bilingual (Spanish English), Basic Mandarin.
Proficient with Microsoft Office, Project, Primavera Project Planner, Opus, AutoCAD, NCSS, Minitab.
Expertise in project management, construction value chain, process control and productivity, strong skills in cost engineering and project
control, environmental regulations, procurement and logistics, PMP certification in progress.
Performed marketing researches for construction and telecommunication industries.
M.Sc. Engineering and Construction Management ITESM Campus Monterrey (1999 2000)
Award of Excellence
Postgraduate on Real Estate Appraisals Universidad Autónoma de Zacatecas (2002 2003)
B.Sc. – Civil Engineer Universidad Autónoma de Baja California (1993 1997)
Environmental Law, Project Management Workshop, Management Skills Diploma, Federal Government Programs Funds for Projects, SHF
Methodological Rules for Real State Appraisals.
CITY OF MEXICALI ENVIRONMENT PROTECTION OFFICE Head of Environmental Education Department
(March – December 2013)
• Management of government federal funds for environmental projects such as: Sustainable City Corridors, Urban Forestry,
Campestre Xochimilco México Lagoon Contamination Recovery, City of Mexicali Environmental Education Center.
• City projects sustainability, cost benefit evaluations and feasibility analysis.
• Instructor in environment protection topics for educative institutions from elementary to university and companies.
• Coordinate the department participation in different shows related to environment.
• Elaborate equipment, operation and construction budgets for the Environmental Education Center.
• Update subject contents for the department workshops and lectures.
CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER Public and Private Construction (2000 Present)
• Executive project of residential departments building Col. Rivera (5,974 sq ft).
• Rehabilitation of the Reforma canal km. 81+000 to 87+803, due to earthquake damages on the Mexicali valley irrigation district.
• Design and construction of aquatic center “La Isla” Coronado Residential.
• More than 16,000 sq ft of residential projects built.
MAQSUPPLY General Manager (2009 2012)
As an entrepreneur, started a new company that imports and distributes industrial packing supplies such: PVC film, fasteners, power tools,
plastic bags, coil nails, adhesives and so, attending the Baja California region.
Main responsibilities include: Search, evaluate and select suppliers on America and Asia, coordinate logistics to receive, import, storage
and deliver products and visit regional industries to introduce the company and find business opportunities.
CITY OF MEXICALI DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS Deputy Director
(April December 2007)
• Manage the City’s infrastructure and building projects through the entire life cycle to meet or exceed quality, scope, schedule and
• Coordinate different government funds and programs to bring additional projects for the City, managed more than US $10M
investment a year.
• In charge of 3 heads of department with a technical staff of 20 persons including supervisors, cost estimators and surveying
• Achieved an effective control of the projects during the fiscal year, reducing 25% the schedule delays comparing to 2006.
• Achieved better cost estimates eliminating resource shortages to perform projects.
Direct involvement in the following projects:
“Misión San Ignacio” Addiction Rehabilitation Center Construction of the first stage of Mexicali Municipal Cemetery
Main cell, access road and weighting booth construction for the Mexicali New Landfill
Rural Housing Program in Mexicali Valley Pavement restoration in Anáhuac Avenue
CITY OF MEXICALI DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS Administrative Coordinator (2004 2007)
• Responsible for providing personnel, supplies, equipment and management support services to the department areas so that can
successfully complete their work.
• Oversee the expenditures and revenues generated by the department, preparation and administration of the annual budget,
processing payroll for more than 200 employees, purchase orders and authorize payments, inventory control for receipts of
construction materials and supplies.
• Inventory management and maintenance of the department assets.
• Successfully achieved the project to purchase 2 pavement repair and a slurry seal equipment for the department.
• Additional resources approval for road maintenance and modernization projects totaling more than $250,000 USD during 2006 to
GRUPO MARHNOS Project Manager (2003 2004)
Responsible for two housing developments: “Misión San Ignacio” of 170 houses in Mexicali and “Real de Minas” of 223 houses in
Coordinate the operations referring to: sales, cost and scheduling control, construction site supervision, reporting to the operations director
in Mexico City.
INFONAVIT External Construction Supervisor (1996 2006)
Responsible for controlling the projects of housing developments assigned by INFONAVIT; inspected constructions sites for compliance
with building codes and quality standards on the Baja California region, totaling more than 1,000 homes verified.
GLOBALSAT Market potential research for satellite internet service (2001)
Market share study and commercial strategy design to release the satellite internet service (2002)
GARCIA VILLAREAL CONSTRUCTION CO. Competitors analysis and customer satisfaction study (2000)
CUT UNIVERSIDAD Subject Professor (2011 Present)
Experience teaching architecture courses like: statistics, public services, sustainable cities, construction cost and construction scheduling.