Sean M. Scanlon
Seeking an accounting opportunity at the entry or junior level in a public accounting
environment with the ability to utilize my performance of account reconciliations,
journalizing financial transactions, and analytical skills.
Highly motivated professional who is accurate, manages time efficiently, meets strict
deadlines, has good communication skills, exceptional problem solving abilities, and
analytical skills. I am a self-starter, who works well with minimal supervision and in a
team environment. I plan to take the CPA exam and already have earned enough college
credits to sit for the exam. I have over 15 years of professional experience in the
financial service industry and recently had training in the use of SAP software.
Cleveland State University 2012 – 2013
Bachelor of Business Administration Major: Accounting
Cumulative Accounting Grade Point Average 3.411
Date Graduated December 14, 2013
Charter One Bank, Cleveland OH February 2008 to September 2011
Monitored outages for seven internal accounts. Adjusted customer accounts and reported
duplicate transactions to management.
• Developed multiple ways of locating missing funds due to balancing and system
errors, saved the bank hundreds of thousands of dollars in losses using a variety of
reports to determine the source of missing or missed placed funds.
• Researched the reason for the missing funds and reported findings to senior
management and peers.
• Adjusted customer and internal accounts that had system or balancing errors,
insuring customer satisfaction.
• Provided assistance to other specialists for their sites missing funds, affirming
• Researched and reported duplicate items and transactions to multiple internal
departments and senior management.
Sean M Scanlon 2
Charter One Bank, Cleveland OH February 2005 to January 2008
Accountable for meeting nightly deadlines, corrected errors as well as training new
• Ensured that site manager and the global command center were adequately
informed about work flow through the site nightly, system issues, and issues of
data availability; consistently meet deadlines.
• Balanced branch and ATM transactions using a variety of reconciling systems.
• Trained new clerks on all balancing functions within the department making them
more immediately valuable.
• Reconciled intra-bank items coming into the bank through the Federal Reserve
Bank of Cleveland reducing losses.
• Adjusted customers and internal accounts due to branch or balancing errors
insuring customer satisfaction.
• Completed entries placed in holdover due to time constraints.
Charter One Bank, Cleveland OH November2003 to January 2005
Operations Clerk II
Tracked and updated W8ben (legal aliens) and W9 (SSN Verification) forms for new
customers. Verified whether the forms complied with the Patriot Act.
• Returned incomplete or wrongly completed forms to the opening branch,
complying with the Patriot Act.
• Closed accounts where the W8ben forms filled out by the branch did not comply
with the Patriot Act, ensuring the bank stayed in compliance.
• Filed Abandoned Property Reports to multiple states within those states deadlines,
complying with the states regulations.
National City Bank, Cleveland Ohio 2002 to 2003
Branch Customer Service Representative
Managed the drive up ATM, coin vault, and the Business Bankers line at the branch in
Broadview Hts., Oh.
• Met sales goals for the customer service reps.
• Generated leads for the branch sales staff.