Sr. Production Engineer
firstname.lastname@example.org - 239-***-****
Sr. Production Engineer
Teradiode - 2013 to April 2014
Develops production methods to improve production rate and reduce line fallout.
• Developed production methods to actually manufacture the laser without failure.
• Establishing a Lean line and 6S throughout the facility.
Alstom Grid - Center of Excellence / Parker Aerospace 2011 - 2013
Supplier Quality Engineering Manager
Managed Receiving Inspection and Supplier Quality - 5 Direct and 7 Indirect Reports.
• Solved a customer issue that was left unanswered for 6 months by realizing the aluminum grain structure
was incorrect for the application. We are now screening fielded breakers.
• Helped a supplier develop a casting procedure to improve tensile strength so the factor of safety can be
achieved with a new casting design. This reduces production costs.
• Located and audited new suppliers to improve the quality base for new production.
• Analyzed inspection rejects to isolate suppliers with systematic quality deficiencies.
• Drove a repair that rescued 250 scrap pieces saving $34000 and prevented field failures.
• Started standardizing / generating a SharePoint site for Supplier Quality and maintaining the Supplier CAB
to centralize and communicate quality efforts within FSD Naples.
Principal Process Development Engineer
Northrop Grumman ES - Laser Systems - 2009 to 2011
Responsible for directing engineering projects and teams to eliminate production problems. Champions Black
Belt projects and mentors new managers in dealing with difficult employees.
• Directed the first engineering teams and drove process changes that prevented the loss of a $158 million
contract and earned the Northrop Grumman President's Leadership Award. The manufacturing process was
over budget and behind schedule before work started.
• Directed RCCA teams with the laser cooling system that had the program at a production stoppage. Worked
with the supplier to rework the parts to prevent losing $60K/day.
• Directed analysis efforts and recommended material changes to the electronics supplier that eliminated infant
mortality failures on new programs. This issue was causing schedule slips.
• Located and qualified a new supplier to design and qualify a new flashlamp to reduce intermittent failures
during build up. This reduced build time by 18% and saved over $500K.
• Standardized manufacturing tooling and processes to reduce inconsistency - saved $350K.
• Awarded two CI awards for leading Black Belt teams and 36 months of On-Time deliveries.
Senior Quality and Reliability Engineer
Northrop Grumman ES - Laser Systems - 2002 to 2009
Managed and grew the Failure Analysis Lab from 1 person to 4 people to support production ramp efforts
by directing analysis for failed production components to root cause and recommending corrective actions.
Chosen for the "Leadership from the Core" team.
• Taught and used Fault Tree Analysis, Ishikawa diagrams, Six Sigma, DMAIC and Kaizen methodology to
improve turn-around time to less than 3 days from 30 days.
• Researched and directed analysis efforts for In-GaAs Laser Diode failures and recommended manufacturing
changes to shift a commercial item into Mil-Specifications for new product development. This effort supported
an $80 million contract win.
• Analyzed EO component failures and worked with the suppliers to change their process and design for Mil-
Spec environments. These improvements generated new Mil-Spec products.
Member of the Technical Staff for Strategic Technology Development Systems
Bell Laboratories - 2000 to 2002
Developed failure analysis methodology and directed research projects to perform and improve FMEA on
microelectronic circuits to support new product development, taught RCCA methods.
• Established Failure Analysis methodology to reduce analysis turnaround time. This was achieved by moving
Failure Analysis upstream to directly interface with the Yield Group.
• Trained new engineers on Destructive and Non-Destructive Failure Analysis Techniques.
• Received "Leading High Performance Teams" and "Conflict Resolution" training.
Senior Quality and Reliability Engineer / Lab Manager
Intel - 1998 to 2000
Isolated physical defects in Pentium microprocessors to improve production yield and managed the Failure
Analysis Lab and lab technicians - 4 direct reports.
• Customer interface for customer returns involving original equipment manufacturers.
• Investigated and performed laser and electron microscopy techniques - UV LSM.
• Supported Pentium product qualification with Failure Analysis methods.
• Earned the Pentium Development Team Award.
Manager / Quality Assurance Inspector
United States Air Force - 1984 to 1994
Managed a production team of 12 people (1991 - 1994).
• Initiated scheduling improvements, leading to an 80% increase in production rate and a decrease to 0% in
error and delinquency rate.
• Earned Non-Commissioned Officer training, Operation Desert Storm Achievement
BS in Chemistry
• Project Engineering - Obtaining PMI-PMP • Team Leader / Manager
• Six Sigma / DMAIC / Kaizen Events • Lean / Continuous Improvement