THOMAS E. MENKE
firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile: 847-***-****
www.linkedin.com/in/tommenke Wheaton, IL
SALES ENABLEMENT LEADER
Experienced in leveraging technologies to support Sales, Marketing and Corporate strategies. Adept at
developing tools and processes that increase sales productivity, staff collaboration and foster the sharing of
knowledge and best practices. Specific expertise in training, program management, content management,
requirements gathering and business plan development.
SIEMENS HEALTHCARE DIAGNOSTICS, Deerfield, IL (August, 2011 – November, 2013)
Project Manager – Sales Enablement
Responsible for delivering sales enablement solutions to drive sales/marketing strategies, facilitation of
project team meetings and collaboration with internal teams including sales and marketing. Developed and
managed the sales content management strategy, including governance model, development and
execution of communications and training programs.
• Successfully delivered a fully populated and quality checked “Sales Playbook” developed on the
SAVO SaaS platform, to support the Diagnostics division’s new sales process.
• Produced and delivered video-based training for the sales force of 170+ and approximately 100
Marketing, Communications, Legal and Management users.
• Migrated the “Sales Playbook” from SAVO to SharePoint with the express intension of expanding
the playbook in content, capability and target audience to an additional three business units. This
migration delivered an annual savings of $260,000.
• Redesigned the user interface and update process for a database used to support customer site
visits. Sales force involvement in this process was shortened from multiple months to 3 weeks.
Additionally, the user interface was simplified from a 12 tab spreadsheet to a single page form.
THE NIELSEN COMPANY, Schaumburg, IL (1988 – 2010)
Director – Knowledge Architecture (2004 – 2010)
Directed a team of three to support the North American consumer business Intranet, serving 4,100
employees in the U.S. and Canada. Successfully led the Thought Leadership program, including the
development and promotion of all content such as webinars, podcasts and white papers. Responsible for
leadership and mentoring in the development and design of SharePoint team sites used for collaboration.
• Created the strategic roadmap used to develop a new SharePoint based company Intranet. Led a
cross functional team of 18 to gather requirements. Post implementation results showed 73% of
employees noted a marked improvement in ease of use and content quality.
• Led the SharePoint Community of Practice (CoP) where best practices were shared and training
was delivered. Membership consisted of 15+ team site owners.
• Directed a team through the Lean Six Sigma process to develop recommendations for a globally
scalable, portable webcasting system - capable of reaching associates worldwide - with minimum
impact to the company network. Project implementation price $280,000.
• Successfully combined the U.S. and Canadian Intranets into a single North American portal. This
integration led the cultural change necessary to achieve the business strategy of creating a
consolidated North American organization and delivered an annual savings of 25%.
• Established a North American user experience on Nielsen’s client portal by initiating and directing
user interface redesign and permission policy changes to integrate U.S. and Canadian content.
• Increased the average number of clients per webinar by over 70% in less than two years by
implementing program and process changes to the Thought Leadership program.
• Reduced email-based marketing expense by 30% and provided enhanced corporate governance
capability by consolidating email management from seven business areas into a single service.
Continued: THE NIELSEN COMPANY
Senior Manager – Communications Technology (1991 – 2003)
Managed and supervised the acquisition and dissemination of information licensed from external sources
and content produced by internal subject matter experts. Responsible for administration, process
improvement and maintenance of the client contact database used for targeted mailings.
• Implemented a $300,000 webcasting system as a key component of an integrated communications
plan. This system delivered live streaming video, slides and pre-recorded video; system allowed
incoming questions to be answered from a live audience of over 1,500 users.
• Designed and implemented Nielsen’s first content management system; centralized sales support
materials such as presentations, proposal templates, brochures and pricing information. Received the
A.C. Nielsen Jr. Quality and Innovation Award.
• Developed and executed the Client Satisfaction Survey quality assurance process. Co-authored
survey questions and managed relationships with the survey vendor; annual results were a key
component in producing a 5-year trend of improved satisfaction and revenue growth.
• Created consistent global presentation standards that delivered unified branding in 108 countries;
simplified the compilation of global studies using information from multiple regions.
• Produced business theater graphics for events such as seminars and conferences with over 1,000
participants; produced the multimedia ‘opener’ for the annual conference, saving $30,000.
Operations Manager – Nielsen Advanced Information & Technology Center (1990 – 1991)
Manager – Marketing (1988 – 1990)
Manager – Customer Information Communications (1988)
INFORMATION RESOURCES, INC., Chicago, IL (1984 – 1988)
Decision Support System, Client Service
Productivity Support Group
Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC) Certificate – Kellstadt Graduate School of Business,
DePaul University, Chicago, IL
Bachelor of Science: Marketing – Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL
Project Management (Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt)
Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access, SharePoint, and SharePoint Designer
Dreamweaver, Multiple video and graphic editing programs
OTHER PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
“Be a Person - Understanding how to build your non-profit social presence online – Fast!” Copyright © 2010
- 2011 by Social Media Performance Group (Mike Ellsworth, Ken Morris and Robbie Johnson)
Communications Committee Member - First Congregational Church of Glen Ellyn
Responsible for evaluation and purchase recommendation for a content management and client
relationship management solution to support interaction with church members and community outreach.
HandsOn Suburban Chicago – Volunteer, SharePoint use and design for association information sharing.
User Group Memberships – KM Chicago and Chicago SharePoint Monthly Meetup.