MICHAEL R. THOMPSON
EXECUTIVE OPERATIONS MANAGER
Top performing executive with years of experience in planning, organizing, leading, and evaluating high-volume supply
chain and international business operations. Dynamic self-motivated team player and leader with an unmatched work
ethic and track record of meeting aggressive goals for increasing market share, revenues, and client base . Strong
relationship builder, highly capable of partnering with clients, vendors, staff, and administration. Highly organized and
detail oriented, with proven strengths in prioritizing and managing multiple tasks within a company.
Facility Management • P&L Responsibility • Bi-Lingual • Team Facilitation
Operations Management • Project Management • Total Quality Management • Start-Up Operations
Consistently met aggressive hotel installation schedules, completing each project prior to deadline.
Started my own company and was “in the black” within first year.
Boosted catamaran revenues, by 35% annually with 100% operational and P&L responsibility.
Spearheaded the opening of catamaran operations in Mexico, Belize and the Bahamas, overseeing real
estate negotiations, establishing vendor relationships, staffing and banking relationships.
Oversaw the construction of Paradise Beach with a 12,000 square foot club house, fine dining restaurant,
boutique and locker rooms plus an adjacent 150 park spaces to service hotel guests.
Achieved a 97% compliance rate in Wichita Falls, and 100% compliance in Vernon, during annual 24 hour
audits by UPS corporate quality control specialists, resulting in the highest ratings in facility history.
Doubled overall package volume within a year including building air freight from 100 to as many as 500
parcels daily. Additionally, doubled the overall account base, capturing significant market share from
FedEx, DHL and the Post Office.
Boosted operational effectiveness by 50% in just five months in Hub facility at UPS.
BENEFITS ADVISOR 2013 - PRESENT
ABX Logistics DFW Airport Management at postal sorting facility Oct 2012-Sep 2013
Classic Business Partners Frisco,Tx. Sales, fabrication and installation of granite in the DFW area. 2012
Volunteer Work Dallas, tx 2010-present
Teaching english to spanish speaking individuals at my church
Patti Hoff Enterprises Dallas, TX 2006- 2010
• Orchestrated the delivery and installation for all furniture, fixtures and equipment (FFE) for new hotel
construction, primarily for Marriott’s Town Place Suites, Residence Inns, Fairfield Suites, and Hilton’s Garden Inn.
• Headed a three-person corporate flying team, and up to 30 temporary workers at the installation site.
• Collaborated with interior designers and architects to ensure proper installation of furniture, art objects,
paintings and statuary; over saw technical installation of kitchen, health spa, fitness and swimming pool
Cozumel Car Rental Cozumel, Mexico 2005-2006
Michael Thompson • email@example.com • 2
• Launched a successful car rental business servicing resort hotels and cruise ships.
• Secured a 40 vehicle fleet of cars (VW Bugs, Jeeps) and mopeds.
• Created marketing brochures and Point-of-Sale materials for the hotels and negotiated referral fees.
• Personally negotiated all permits, contracts, insurance coverage and the master contract with a local
mechanic for repairs and maintenance.
Fury Catamarans Cozumel, Mexico 1995-2005
General Manager 2001-2005
• All Profit and Loss accountability for both sea and land operations, including five 65-foot Catamarans and the
Paradise Beach sporting and entertainment center, guiding a 160-person staff including supervisors, boat
captains, crew members and administrative staff.
• Honored with “Tour Operator of the Year” from Princess Cruise Lines three times.
• Oversaw daily operations including training (safety, policy, procedure) and human resources, catamaran
maintenance and repairs, banking and finance (A/R, A/P, GL, Payroll), marketing and vendor relations.
• Held staff turnover to less than 5% for ten years.
• Recruited to help build a thriving Catamaran fleet servicing cruise ship and tourist to Cozumel as the area gained
both reputation and facilities as a destination resort.
• Grew the fleet from one boat to five, and expanded services to ultimately handle up to 1,300 guests in
• Developed relationships with major hotels and cruise lines servicing Cozumel to steer customers to the
boating operation in a highly competitive environment.
• Managed both beach and equipment rentals for jet skis and parasailing.
United Parcel Service Dallas, TX 1988-1995
Center Manager for Wichita Falls and Vernon, Texas 1994-1995
• Directed the daily operations of the Wichita Falls and Vernon facilities, overseeing a staff of three supervisors, four
part-time supervisors and 50 hourly employees supporting 65 route drivers.
• Profit and Loss accountability for up to 8,000 packages daily.
• Improved overall attendance records and reduced union grievances significantly.
District Air Manager for Northeast Texas District-Mesquite 1992-1994
• Tapped to help jump-start UPS new air delivery initiative with accountability for penetrating the north east Texas
area, from Dallas to Texarkana and Tyler/Longview.
• Accompanied the sales staff making calls on small to medium sized business to solicit air freight business.
• Produced over 1,000 packages a day within 18-months of the product launch.
• Consistently monitored and audited air operations to ensure corporate safety and delivery standards were met by
contract air carriers.
District Training Manager 1990-1992
• Provided training to all new operations managers and fast-tracked supervisors in one of three national training
centers, which consisted of 20 managers in a two week class.
• Implemented a standardized training curriculum, customizing each section to meeting emerging training needs.
• Selected guest speakers to address each training module, including employee recognition techniques, safety,
motivation, records, keeping, production and law.
• Personally taught the production and diversity modules.
Hub Manager Second Shift 1988-1990
Michael Thompson • firstname.lastname@example.org • 3
• Promoted to guide a 350-person team sorting and re-distributing up to 175,000 pieces of mail per shift.
• Accountable for operational efficiencies, manpower budgets and team development.
• Established new goals for attendance, implemented new employee recognition programs and established both
individual and small group performance goals.
• Clearly communicated the operational game plan to achieve 50% improvement in UPS standards.