PETER HENDRY, PMP, ITILF
GLOBAL PROGRAM MANAGER
PROJECT/STRATEGY ALIGNMENT RESOURCE/WORKFORCE PLANNING SCHEDULING/DELIVERY
Peter Hendry is a talented and deeply experienced program leader with 16+ years of proven project management experience in the IT,
Healthcare, and not-for-profit sectors with special expertise in vendor management, and SDLC oversight of complex IT projects. He possesses
deep technical and broad management skills and is an effective liaison between the technical staff and other stakeholders. He combines a “big
picture” strategic outlook with a keen ability to analyze process details and identify and remedy inefficiencies to ensure optimum use of program
resources. He is able to consistently ensure alignment of program processes and resources with organizational goals and strategy to consistently
deliver complex projects on time and within budget to meet customer expectations. Peter has strong people management and mentoring skills,
with outstanding communications skills and is able to drive cross-functional, multi-location teams in pursuit of program goals.
Project Management Client Relations Technical Support Negotiations Presentations Customer Service
Program Design Strategic Planning Needs Assessment IT Strategy Release Management Workforce Planning Team
Leadership Change Management Restructuring Process Improvement Vendor Relations Outsourcing Expense Control
INFOSYS LTD, Bellevue, WA March 2012 –
Infosys Ltd is a global leader in business consulting, technology, engineering, and outsourcing services to help clients in over 30 countries to
build tomorrow’s enterprise.
Project Manager/Test Manager
Assigned to Boeing Aerospace Sales And Marketing to lead a team on a high visibility internal application development project.
• Using agile/scrum methodology - Led the project team (15 – 20 people) while coordinating the project, application
development, and testing efforts with the customer and an off-shore team.
• Coordinated release management activities every six weeks between DEV, Test, PM, and the end users to ensure software
release and security processes and protocols were being followed.
• Defined and implemented business practices in Collaboration Management, Change Management, Test Management, and
Project Management that are being used on a wide variety of projects across the organization.
• Worked as the point of contact for technical issues between the customer and development team.
• Worked directly with the customer to define business requirements for the application and UAT business scenarios.
• Integrated the use of Team Foundation Server (TFS) and Microsoft Test Manager (MTM) into an existing application
development structure during the development phase of the project with minimal impact to the project.
• Led the education and training efforts of project personnel on functional testing, user acceptance testing, and the tools (TFS
and MTM) used by the On-Shore and Off-shore testing groups.
• Defined and created a User Acceptance Test (UAT) structure for the project.
SEATTLE CHORAL COMPANY, Seattle, WA 2008 – 2011
Not-for-profit, volunteer choral arts organization with full-time staff of two and over 130 singers bringing a repertoire of classical and popular
concerts to the Puget Sound area.
Recruited to take over failing organization with $100K debt and no income. Successfully revitalized the organization through sound
management practices and new long-term strategic plan and budget. Increased funding while cutting expenses to successfully bring the
organization into a healthy 30th year. Responsible for articulating vision and strategic direction, aligning artistic goals with fiscal realities,
developing effective fundraising, marketing and community relations strategies, and implementing efficient systems and processes to ensure
company’s long-term viability. Doubled size of board with new energetic talent, removing ineffective members, and training new members in
effective strategically-oriented leadership. Developed effective communications between large volunteer contingent, the community, and
• Took over failing organization to bring finances and governance back to health in just two years by recruiting, new, energetic
board and implementing effective long-term operations, budget and financial strategies.
• Created new fundraising program to increase patron donations by 10% and bring in 50% more in foundation and government
• Developed sound, two-year budget effectively reducing operating expenses by 33%, long term debt by 40% while allowing
increase in Artistic Director’s salary.
• Focused on brand development and innovative marketing strategies to increase concert attendance by 33% over prior years
and selling out two of three Christmas concerts.
MICROSOFT CORPORATION, Redmond, WA 2001 – 2009
World’s largest producer of business, learning, entertainment and home-use software with revenues of $62.5B and 89,000 employees worldwide.
Program Manager, 2007 – 2009
Led development teams on 15 outsourced MS products per quarter to ensure content readiness for market.
Products included instructor lead training, e-learning, and books reaching over 500,000 users/year with aggregate program technical budget of
up to $15M. Effectively managed relations with up to six vendors daily located in India, China, Europe, North America and South America to
maintain project schedule and budget while ensuring effective technical solutions. Focus on cross-group communication, acted as effective
liaison between developers, testers, product managers, clients, and vendors to ensure consistent attainment of program standards. Reported
program status weekly including presentations to C-level executives as needed. Led internal programs including development and management
of courseware library and virtualization team.
• Using waterfall and agile/scrum methodologies - Successfully brought over 70 MS learning products with aggregate $60M
value to market on time and within budget.
• 9 years of hiring, evaluating, and managing vendors in the US and around the world
• 9 years of coordinating release management activities for each product between DEV, Test, PM, and the business group to
ensure software release and security processes and protocols were being followed.
• Created online market Courseware Library of technical content for classroom use that generates $400K/year in revenues.
• Led first MS virtualization initiative in collaboration with other learning organizations to successfully standardize virtual
machines to meet MS criteria.
Product Planner, 2006 -- 2007
Asked by management to join learning product development team concurrent with product test role with focus on planning, leading $300,000
project for new learning products for Communications Server Group, with forecast sales of $1M+. Successfully learned role, brought project
online in less than 60 days.
• Brought new product portfolio to market with only 90 day lag despite two major group reorganizations within 12 months.
• Succeeded in new role despite concurrent Test Lead role and almost vertical learning curve.
Test Lead, 2001 -- 2007
Led testing program for Microsoft learning products reaching market of over 500,000/year, handling up to 20 outsourced products concurrently
per quarter with test budgets of up to $15,000 each. Established strong, clear and regular communications with up to six vendors daily
worldwide to track progress, evaluate and fix problems while maintaining project schedules and budgets.
• Developed outsourced vendor testing model for multiple learning products including screening, contracting and monitoring
that cut test budgets by 33%, decreased time to market by 90 days and became model for entire MS group.
• Built a networked 130-computer test lab allowing SMEs to test software solutions remotely and significantly reduce their
• Created effective system to enhance Project Managers’ monthly and quarterly expense forecasts and improve accuracy to +/-
• Created TFS databases to track work items and assure quality of all learning products.
• Built product testing network allowing developers to test products remotely, leading to quicker development/production times
and faster to-market schedules.
• Led design, implementation of new project manager/vendor data collection system allowing faster, more regular monthly test
expenditures with +/- 5% accuracy.
EDUCATION AND TECHNICAL SKILLS
Bachelor’s Degree, Liberal Arts, University of Washington, Bothell, WA
Associate’s Degree, Edmonds Community College, Lynnwood, WA
PMP Certification – 2011
ITILF Certification - 2011
Veteran – US Air Force
Experience with the following technologies: TFS, MTM, Windows 7, Vista, XP, Windows Server 2008R2, and Windows Server
Essentials 2012, MS Office 2013, Virtual Server, Virtual PC, Microsoft Project 2010, Microsoft Visio 2010, Microsoft Hyper-V, MS
Past Professional Experience
Volt Computer Services, Redmond WA
Assignment: Microsoft – Windows CE Group
Position: Network Test Lab Lead
Seattle Children's Hospital, Seattle WA
Position: Network Engineer
Seattle Children's Hospital, Seattle WA
Position: Gastroenterology Lab Technician
Washington Air National Guard
Position: Master Sergeant - Physical Exam Section Supervisor
US Air Force School of Aerospace Medicine
Position: US Air Force Aerospace Medical Technician