JAY MICHAEL STEVENS
**** ****** **** ******** **, 75070
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Data Warehousing Data Analysis Report Designing
Statistical Analysis Presenting Data Mining
TECHNICAL SKILLS SUMMARY
• MySQL 5.5
• SQL Server 2008R2, 2012
o SQL Server Management Studio (data retrieval, data sourcing, data manipulation)
o SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS)
o SQL Server Data Tools (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS)
• Excel (Formulas, Pivot Tables, Macros)
• Tortoise SVN
PFSweb – Allen, TX February 2014 - current
Report Developer and Analyst
• 6 Month Contract – brought on specifically to help rebuild the reporting portal team
• Unit testing of ETL processes
• Data Analysis between ERP (JDE) and SQL environments
• Reverse engineers existing Stored Procedures
• Denormalizes normalized tables/files
• Writes new and updates existing Stored Procedures
• Creates new and updates existing SSIS packages
• Design new and updates existing SSRS reports
Cinsay – Dallas, TX May 2013 – February 2014
Business Intelligence Developer
• Writes SQL queries. Designs reports using Tableau and then uploads to Tableau Server.
• Continual report testing to ensure reports are up to date.
• Testing of new database objects in sandbox and staging databases.
Call Center Data Analyst
• Developed a Data Warehouse to replace existing OLTP solution in order to house Call Center data
o Developed the Star Schema (Fact Tables, Dimensions, etc.)
o Scripting Table InLine Functions and Views
o Developed Stored Procedures to ensure readability to end users.
• Maintain Data Warehouse in SQL Server 2012
• Create SSIS packages
o Producing cURL protocols for automatic download in conjunction with Windows Task
o Automating SSIS packages with SQL Server Agent
• Build SSAS cubes
o Hierarchies, Measures, Aggregations
o Focus on MDX Calculated Measures and KPIs
• Design SSRS reports
o Analytics on calls and agents for supervisor and management level
o Focus on Dashboard reporting
o Uploading to SSRS server.
o Initial setup of SSRS server.
• Write T-SQL queries for adhoc reporting.
o Emphasis on CTEs for readability, portability and shareability
Forbeyon Inc. – Dallas, TX 2007 - 2013
Customer Relations Manager
• Create BI Data Mart with OLAP cubes for Business. Cleaned data. Developed UDM for SSAS.
Deployed SSAS OLAP cube. Defined Calculated Measures. Setup KPIs.
• Re-occurring analysis and reporting on sales, orders processed, new customer first orders,
approved new customers, referral sources, and returns.
• Created and maintained weekly, monthly and yearly KPIs.
• Provided metrics and reports on customer referral source.
• Constructed decision strategy by performing decision analysis (payoff table, assigned probability,
identified best alternative through the expected value approach, decision tree model). Then prepared
managerial report summarizing findings with recommended action.
• Designed Voice of the Customer survey – data collection, analysis, and reporting for product
• Formulated new product pricing.
• Developed data retrieval, data analysis and reporting using SQL Server and Excel.
• Process documentation by diagramming sales and service workflows in Microsoft Visio for lean
processing. Along with control charts and Ishikawa diagrams was able to reduce order-processing
speed from an average of one hour to an average of ten minutes. Order processing errors also dropped
dramatically from about 65% to about 25%.
Forbeyon Inc. – Dallas, TX 2006 – 2007
Customer Care Representative
• Querying Microsoft SQL Server (70-461)
• ASQ CQIA – American Society for Quality Certified Quality Improvement Associate
• Bachelor of Science, Psychology Texas A&M – College Station, TX