Stephen E. Werner
SENIOR FINANCIAL MANAGER
Proactive, performance-driven professional with 20+ years’ progressive expertise in project and RFP
pricing / business management and problem solving for primarily Federal IT contracted services. Keen
understanding of business priorities, genuine team player committed to managing operations and
projects flawlessly while contributing to revenue-producing activities. Cross-functional communicator
easily interfacing with Senior-profile staff, subcontractors, and customers. Versatile, innovative, and
loyal management professional able to view the 'big picture' while paying attention to detail.
Recognized for consistent success in developing the processes and procedures to streamline operations
and enhance revenue performance.
Operations: Project Management: Leadership:
Proposal Pricing Program Control / Scheduling Team Building & Mentoring
Indirect Rate Analysis EVM (Earned Value Mgt) Client Relations & Presentations
Contract Administration Budgeting & Forecasting ERP Migration
Subcontract Administration Risk Mgt Training
CACI, Inc. (Atlanta, GA) 05/2011 – 02/214)
Sr. Financial Manager (04/2012 – 02/2014)
Provide Earned Value management and business / program control under a $78M Air
Force contract with numerous reporting / billing structure requirements. Developed and
presented detailed monthly financial / operational / contractual reports for high level internal and
external clients. Developed financial statement consolidations and reporting under Cost
Reimbursable and Fixed Price contract types on this 7-year, multi-site program to replace
legacy IT systems. Created numerous ad-hoc report analyses to streamline invoice and
procurement approvals. Client de-scoped and cut contract funding by 50%, thereby eliminating
Business Development – CDC Account (05/2011 – 04/2012)
• Identify and nurture new business opportunities within the Centers for Disease Control
(CDC), specifically under the CIMS contract vehicle. Leveraged new and existing relationships
to help secure Teaming Agreements/NDA’s with nine CDC partners in other CIMS Domains.
Focused sales activities through all phases of a pipeline - identification, qualification, capture,
proposal and bid. Interface with CDC PGO (Procurement and Grants) management / contracts
staff as well as other CDC technical managers.
• Acquisition Financial Analysis: on my own initiative, identified, evaluated and
recommended that CACI Senior Mgt acquire a key CDC contractor in Atlanta (Emergint
Technologies); upon successful execution of Agreement, provided acquisition integration
Contracts / Pricing Manager – BCA, Inc. (Atlanta, GA) 08/2008 – 01/2011
P age 1
• Organized, directed, and coordinated proposal pricing responses to Federal and
Commercial RFPs; assisted in bid / no bid decisions and wrote all Cost Volume responses for
BCA, a small disadvantaged business. Negotiated final billing rates with CDC prime contractor
(Northrop Grumman); responsible for writing the Cost Volume for the winning CDC-CIMS bid;
also assisted in proposal writing for Management Volumes. Used expertise in project control
and operations to support major clients such as the CDC, SAMHSA and Northrop Grumman.
• Heavy interaction with Product Mgt in all proposal development phases to coordinate
underlying hardware /software / material / labor assumptions and apply consistent pricing
methodology. Analyzed customer budgets/forecast, identify specific engagements for prime and
sub opportunities; engage potential teammates and develop NDA’s, Teaming Agreements for
Financial / Program Control Manager - Northrop Grumman IT (Atlanta, GA) 11/2002 – 04/2008
• Exercised pricing authority of $10M; involved in pricing strategy and negotiations; led all
contract task order pricing responses; developed internal what-if pricing profile of competition;
coordinating Task Order cost proposal pricing and operational support for customer billings.
• Managed team of financial analysts to support customer financial management objectives,
budget / forecast control and proposal pricing responses. Responsible for team building,
coaching, hiring and company career development.
• Reviewed project work plans, cost / schedule budget / forecasts and reported variance analyses
to CDC customer. Responsible for subcontractor schedule reviews, reviewing work
discrepancies, and managing subcontract staff.
• Heavy interaction with Senior Management and multiple organizational functions re contract
profitability, indirect/direct rate performance, revenue recognition; also provide financial
advice/analysis to ensure target achievement. Business Partner to Program Managers and
Program Director, managing all financial support activities.
Account / Contracts Manager - Intersis Technologies, Inc. (Atlanta, GA) 01/1998 – 10/2002
• Cultivated and managed key customer/distribution accounts, developed product pricing
strategies and business proposals for prospective clients, channel development management,
internet research, etc. for startup Computer Telephony firm based in Lisbon, Portugal.
• Established alliances with various providers and software developers to enhance reseller
channel/market potential; negotiated favorable terms/agreements with Value Added Resellers
(VARs) and end-users. Company cash flow problems forced closure of U.S. operations.
Program Control Lead - Foster Wheeler Corp (Atlanta, GA) 08/1990 – 11/1997
• Managed multiple site project control staff for various Federal cost reimbursable contracts;
assigning budgets to work packages at Level 4 WBS. P&L statement development/financial
parametric analyses, revenue recognition, month-end close for office payables/receivables,
business proposal evaluation/development/negotiations on variety of Government/Commercial
contracts, notably US Army Corps of Engineers.
• Organized, consolidated/managed additional contractual responsibilities with existing workload
due to corporate downsizing. Streamlined client reporting; reduced excessive overhead;
improved client relations and decreased aging A/R by 60%.
EVMS Consultant - Dekker, Ltd. (Fairfax, VA) 07/1988 – 08/1990
• Senior Earned Value analyst for major US Army/Air Force Program Office - Joint Tactical
Fusion PMO (two year assignment). Employed by an EVMS (Earned Value Management
System) software development company using proprietary product (Dekker Trakker) as the
P age 2
product of choice for generating PERT and Gantt charts with budgets assigned to work
MBA, Business / Contract Administration emphasis, Florida Tech University (Huntsville, AL)
BS, Business / Finance, Freed-Hardeman University (Henderson, TN)
• Member, Project Management Institute (pursuing PMP certification)
• Past Member, National Contracts Management Association
• Twice Certified, Cost / Schedule Systems Control Criteria
• Additional skills and software expertise: Various ERP systems: (Deltek, Oracle Financials) *
Contact Management Software (Act!, Goldmine)* MS Office (Project, PowerPoint, Excel,
Access) * Program Control (Cobra, Primavera, Hyperion and others)
• Volunteer Efforts for relief organizations (Habitat for Humanity, Red Cross)