Faisal Mahmood Malik, MS, NP
To attain a position as a Nurse Practitioner in a teaching medical institution to maximize practical and clinical knowledge
New York University New York, NY Aug. 2009 – May 2013
Masters of Science- Adult-Geriatric Nurse Practitioner
Long island university Brooklyn, NY Aug. 2005 – Jan. 2008
Bachelors of Science Degree – Registered Nurse
Queens Borough Community College Bayside, NY Jan. 2002 – May 2005
Associates in Liberal Science
Honors: Dean’s List – Spring 2005
North Shore-Region Home Infusion Manhasset, NY Aug. 2013 – Present
• Accessed and maintained Mediports, PICC/PIV/Central lines and catheters.
• Provided in home administration of antibiotics and chemotherapeutic agents.
• Provided patient appropriate education regarding their diagnosis, treatment, and maintenance
North Shore University Hospital Manhasset, NY Oct. 2011 – Present
• Provided holistic nursing care to patients with Neurological ailments.
• Obtained detailed patient history and performed pertinent physical assessments.
• Cared for post TPA patients during and after the 24 hour critical observation period
• Managed patients requiring blood transfusions, IVIG, and plasmapheresis
• Primary Nurse attending and managing all Stroke Code’s and administering rescue TPA when appropriate
• Staffed Neurological/Neurosurgical ICU as staff of float pool
Visiting nurse service of new york new York, NY Sept. 2009 – Sept. 2011
• Provided holistic nursing care to an average of six patients daily according to Medicare and Medicaid guidelines
• Specialized in wound care; providing treatment numerous stage three and four pressure ulcers
• Dealt with third party payers to ensure billable services
• Coordinated holistic care for both acute and long term care teams
New York Presbyterian Hospital New York, NY March 2008 – July 2009
Clinical Neurological Nurse i
• Provided primary nursing care on a Neurosurgical, Neurology, and Medical -Surgical Step Down unit.
• Provided nursing care to ventilator and tracheostomy patients
• Assessed and maintained spinal and extraventricular drains
• Initiated and maintained intravenous access and administered IV admixtures
• Completed on-site critical care course
• Recovery care to post-operative neurosurgical patients
• In depth knowledge of neurological disorders and neurosurgical procedures
• Member of Unit Practice Council Committee on Neurological unit
LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATIONS
Adult and Geriatric Nurse Practitioner NYS License: 306861 April 2014
Registered Nurse NYS License: 598337 February 2008
NIH Stroke Scale Certified
In depth knowledge of EMR’s such as Eclipsys and Sunrise
Available upon request