Address: *** ***** *******, *****, *** Jersey 07083
Pre-Clinical Pharmaceutical Research Zoology
Analytical, perceptive, and forward-thinking professional with comprehensive knowledge within the field of Animal Science, combined with hands-on experience in animal research and welfare as well as biology and toxicology; interested in pursuing a successful career to achieve personal goals while contributing to new discoveries in the field of animal science and veterinary medicine. Adept at performing pharmacy calculations and formulation preparation; along with numerous blood collection procedures. Articulate communicator with the ability to concisely and clearly convey complex scientific concepts to a diverse audience; well-versed in English with working knowledge in German. Technically proficient with Xybion, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), and Internet applications.
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIAL
Jan 2000–Jan 2004 Bachelor of Science in Animal Science
COOK COLLEGE, RUTGERS UNIVERSITY, NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
May 2011 LAT Level
AMERICAN ASSOCIATION FOR LABORATORY ANIMAL SCIENCE
MERCK AND CO. (NOV 2009–PRESENT)
Associate Biologist–Discovery Toxicology, West Point, PA Dec 2011–Present
- Carry out key tasks such as writing protocols, conducting studies through Xybion, preparing doses, and observing rats and mice.
- Exemplify keen expertise in utilizing dump/stir, mixer/defoamer, mortar and pestle, and sonication to effectively calculate the amount and prepare formulations.
- Take charge of executing full necropsies and tissue collection in the event of study termination.
- Demonstrate ability to perform specialized procedures such as micronucleus assay sampling and non-routine organ collection techniques; deal with the preparation of reports and data interpretation upon completion of studies.
Associate Biologist–General Toxicology, Summit, NJ Nov 2009–Nov 2011
- Rendered assistance to pre-clinical studies for drug assessments on rats, mice, beagle dogs and non-human primates by performing routine and advanced technical duties such as dosing, sample collection, body weight collection, and clinical observations.
- Collaborated with the study director and other departments to accomplish assigned tasks within scheduled timeframe.
- Maintained strict adherence to established protocol, standard operating procedures, and good laboratory practice regulations in executing all methods and processes.
- Held full accountability in preparing and maintaining detailed and accurate study notebooks as well as gathering and verifying tabulated data through computer applications.
- Managed the calibration of all equipment within the department as well as in-house.
Assistant Scientist–Reproductive Toxicology, Summit, NJ Oct 2006–Oct 2009
- Facilitated in-depth studies on rats and rabbits while performing C-sections as well as internal and external observations on fetuses; along with fetal skeletal observations.
- Employed keen attention to detail in identifying rats’ estrous cycle phases through the process of lavage.
Waitress–CLARK, NJ 2011–Present
- Interact with club members utilizing a’ la carte style, to attend to their needs and address any concerns.
- Collaborate with kitchen staff to ensure appropriate and accurate delivery of food.
- Take charge of establishing work banquets, buffets, and private parties.
- Preside over the training of new staff while arranging schedules for wait staff.
HUNTINGDON LIFE SCIENCES
Large Animal Technician–East Millstone, NJ Jun2005–Sep 2006
- Performed proper procedure in all facets of dose administration, in all routes including oral and nasogastric as well as intramuscular and intravenous to beagle dogs and non-human primates.
- Assumed full responsibility in performing observations on a daily basis to identify signs of distress, extracting blood from various sites, and accomplishing electrocardiograms.
MARSH HOSPITAL FOR ANIMALS
Veterinary Technician–Verona, NJ Oct 2004–May 2005
- Provided care to canine and feline patients for surgery, including intubation and anaesthetization while assisting the veterinarian during surgeries.
- Performed a wide range of tasks such as closely evaluating and monitoring patients during recovery; administering post-surgical oral or parenteral medications as well as vaccines; autoclaving all instruments after surgeries; extracting blood from patients; and inserting cephalic catheters.
Camel Barn Associate–Bronx, NY Apr 2002–Aug 2004
- Delivered exemplary performance in rendering care to camels, such as cleaning and feeding, as well as caring for other miscellaneous animals at the barn.
- Maintained constant coordination with zoo patrons during camel rides.
German Social Club