IRA GARDNER, CPA
Jamaica, NY 11432
ACCOUNTING AND FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
PLANNING / BUDGETING / AUDIT
Experienced property accountant / controller in accounting, supervising teams, planning, budgeting and auditing. Extensive
experience with accounting as it relates to commercial and residential real estate. Responsibilities have included creating
monthly, quarterly and annual reports, after budget preparation and analyzing data to assist in determining best practices.
Strong analytical research and problem solving skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
• Financial reporting, budgeting and auditing for various commercial properties. Responsibilities include d producing monthly
and quarterly actual vs. budget reports, with variance analysis and annual budget preparation.
• Analyzed GAAP adjustments for building owners. Responsibilities included analyzing rent concessions, leasing
commissions and depreciation, which contributed to the accrual basis net income for the building.
• Assisted with year-end audit and preparation of supporting schedules for financial statements. Point person for annual
audit for connection with the auditors.
• Scanned general ledger for mis-codings & inconsistencies
• Updated capital assets & depreciation in FAS
• Analyzed real estate tax escrow accounts held by mortgagees for building owners. Responsible for determining accounts’
status. Achieved timely payment of real estate taxes and reduction in some escrow payments for owners.
• Prepared operating expense (CAM) and real estate tax escalation calculations and final year-end reconciled true-up
calculation in a timely manner.
• Analyzed purchase and sale of properties for upper management. Worked extensively with attorneys in preparation of
closing adjustments including pro-rations.
• Processed and reviewed all journal entries. Completed the month end close and reconciliation process.
• Performed other property related financial duties such as sales tax returns, management fee calculations, inter-company
analysis and reimbursements.
TRINITY REAL ESTATE (YARDI, EXCEL, FAS) 2006 - 2013
Real Estate Accounting Analyst
CB RICHARD ELLIS (MRI, EXCEL) 1999 - 2006
JONES LANG LASALLE (MRI, EXCEL, PROCALC) 1996 - 1999
MS, Accounting, UNIVERSITY OF RHODE ISLAND
BS, Business Administration/Financial Management
STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK AT BUFFALO
Proficient with EXCEL, Yardi, MRI, FAS, PROCALC.
President of Coop Board (140 units) for 15 years.