Sunnyvale, CA 94089
Designed a high efficiency, low cost prosthetic knee named by TIME Magazine as one of the "50 Best Inventions of 2009" and recognized by CNN as one of the “Top 10 health innovations of 2009.”
Designed an automatic suturing mechanism for hemorrhoidal artery ligation, patent pending (utility patent application number 12/951,733).
Received the first place award of the Graduate Division J.F. Lincoln Design Competition in 2008 for my work on "an Above knee Prosthesis Designed for Extreme Affordability."
Graduated as the 2005 Outstanding Scholar, College of the Redwoods.
• Stanford University, Stanford, CA
M.S., Mechanical Engineering, June 2011
Concentration: Biomechanics & Design for Manufacturability
B.S., Biomechanical Engineering, June 2009
• CAD Software: SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor, Google SketchUp
• CAM Software: GibbsCAM 2007
• Additional Software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, WhenToWork, Therap, Scientific Notebook
6 / 2013 – Current
YummyShapes, San Francisco, CA – Design Engineer and CAD Consultant (part time)
• Redesign product to eliminate functional design flaws, add additional features, and create more
aesthetically pleasing product.
• Reduce manufacturing costs by incorporating injection molding considerations.
• Contributing to IP by developing novel features.
• Run injection molding simulations on part designs utilizing Autodesk Inventor.
1 / 2013 – Current
Trinity CHANGE, I nc., San Jose, CA – Quality Assurance Facilitator (full time)
• Oversee 23 clients to ensure that they are receiving quality services and meeting their goals.
• Manage approximately 80 employees by building schedules, giving guidance, and providing corrective
• Attend regularly scheduled meetings with funding agencies and writing detailed quarterly reports
regarding client progress.
• Write special incident reports within mandated 24 hour window.
1 / 2010 – 6 / 2010
Orpheus Medical, Stanford, CA – Medical Device Design Consultant (part time)
• Contributed to the design and development of an innovative medical device leading to a utility patent
application for Stanford University.
• Led project design team in producing CAD models.
• Conducted extensive background research on standard treatments for hemorrhoid disease.
• Examined competition and market ensuring client satisfaction.
• Designed an effective and pain free treatment for moderate to severe hemorrhoid disease for a startup
company focused on developing minimally invasive medical devices.
1 / 2008 – 9/2008
BMVSS (Jaipur Foot Organization) Jaipur, India – Biomechanical Engr. Consultant (part time)
• Designed and engineered a knee prosthesis that was required to have high performance and yet be extremely
• Over 4,000 prostheses have been fitted and utilized by patients in India.
• Conducted extensive research on existing designs and materials, as well as the biomechanics involved.
• Performed Motion Capture Gait Analysis to analyze design performance.
• Led the project team through multiple iterations of CAD design.
• Received recognition by Time magazine and CNN as 50 Best Inventions of 2009 and Top 10 Health
Innovations of 2009.
• Earned first place award of the Graduate Division J.F. Lincoln Design Competition.
2006 – 2009
Stanford University, Stanford, CA Undergraduate Community Associate (part time)
• Organized social events for 60 80 undergraduate students at Stanford University.
• Coordinated 10 12 events per year.
• Oversaw event budgets and maintained financial records.
• Managed and delivered all event communications.
• Assessed and responded to students’ special needs (e.g. allergies).
2004 – 2005
College of the Redwoods Academic Support Center, Fort Bragg, CA Tutor (part time)
• Assisted undergraduate students in achieving academic objectives in math and science courses.
I.L. Welty & Associates, Fort Bragg, CA – Draftsman (part time)
• Performed AutoCAD drafting for a company providing civil engineering and structural engineering services.
• Utilized AutoCAD 2000 for municipal planning, topographic surveying, and structural drawings.
Citizenship: United States