Benson, NC *****
April 24, 2014
Dear Personnel Manager:
Based on the criteria you listed, I believe I am an excellent candidate for the position of warehouse
associate. Please accept the enclosed resume as my application for the position.
I am particularly interested in a position with company because of my background in shipping and
receiving. Recent examples of my work include receiving lead, expediter and customer service
representative for the Home Depot and Shipping and receiving lead for On Guard Industries.
I am interested in interviewing with you or one of your associates. I can be reached at my home phone
number, 910-***-****, to arrange for an interview at a mutually convenient time.
817 W. Johnson Rd
Benson, NC 27504
Shipping / Receiving Clerk
Articulate, results-oriented shipping and receiving clerk professional with eight years experience,
Excellent communication and problem-solving skills. Self-directed, team player. Dedicated to achieving
customer satisfaction as well as meeting or surpassing company expectations. Able to focus on project,
develop strategies and meet or exceed deadlines Computer
literate, working knowledge of Window's, Excel and Word 2010, and Inventory control systems
Genco ATC 100 Papercraft Park Pittsburg, PA
Shipping and Receiving Clerk, 2011-2012
• Possessed all invoicing, freight forwarding, and shipping manifest
• Used automated computer system to manage receiving, shipping, and inventory controls
• Received and shipped high volume orders daily; followed all procedures and kept accurate records
• Resolved a wide range of issues, including missing merchandise, delivery cancelations, damaged
merchandise, and incomplete deliveries
• Performed all functional areas of warehouse from receiving, putaway functions, replenishment, order
picking and loading deliveries within the warehouse
Icon Equipment Distributors 300 Clark Rd East Brunswick, NJ
Shipping and Receiving Lead, 2009-2010
• Responsible for all aspects of warehouse loading and shipping
• Monitored inventory and controls to ensure adequate product supply levels
• Directed daily warehouse operations to achieve customer service objectives by ensuring that the
shipping plan was completed in a timely and accurate manner
• Established procedures to ensure that all warehouse personnel understood the requirements of their
positions and were capable of achieving success
• Developed a process to forecast daily workload requirements
• Identified and resolved potential problems in order to avoid a negative scheduling impact
Home Depot, 979 Beards Hill Rd Aberdeen, MD
Shipping and receiving lead, 2007-2009
• Processed the outbound orders on day shift, whenever required
• Organizing and processing customer orders on night shift and also making sure that
Truck departure timelines are met.
• Responsible for the location and inventory lookups
• Resolving common issues or discrepancies on daily basis.
ON GUARD INDUSTRIES, Havre De Grace, MD
• Shipping and receiving lead, 2004-2007
• Ship and receive supplies and equipment; log receipt, storage and shipment data into the standard
• Supply computer system and the system for hazardous materials.
• Match incoming/outgoing item identification by nave, stock number, letter, code,
quantity, or Unit of Issue
• Receive store and assemble various bin and bulk supplies, materials, equipment, and commodities
• Select/assemble items based on priority, type of material, mode of transportation and destination
• Use mechanized, automated and manual material moving equipment, devices and systems.
• Use FEDEX, UPS, DHL and other commercial shippers and their online systems.
• Load and unload various sized trucks and trailers manually and with forklifts.
Organize, arrange and remove stock in storage areas for maximum convenience of handling
• Operating overhead crane to move and handle materials in warehouse to supply production lines.
H.S. Diploma, Arts, 1999
North East High, North East, MD
North East Vocational School of Technology
North East, Maryland
Basic Electronics 1999
American Driving Training Academy, Inc.
New Castle, Delaware
Class A CDL 2010
Wake Technical College
Raleigh, North Carolina 2012
A.A business Administration
• Licensed to o/Operate (4,000 to 13,000 lbs.) forklift; reach trucks and electric pallet jacks, dock
stockers and cherry pickers.
• Ability to utilize ISO and GMP standards.
• Material Handler - Irvin L. Miller, Maryland / Delaware, 2002 - 2012. Fulfillment of all the
theoretical and practical training and evaluation requirements of OSHA 1910.178 (I), and, as such,
has achieved the designation of Certified Material Handler in Delaware and Maryland.
• Maryland Class A CDL - Completion of training requirements set forth in the Federal Motor Carrier
Safety Regulations for entry level driver training in accordance with 49 CFR380.503