Sterling Heights, MI 48310
Production Manager / Supervisor
P ERSONAL SUMMARY
Experienced Production Manager / Supervisor with highly competitive technical and
A REAS OF EXPERTISE
team management experience, and in-depth experience of quality engineering statistical
analysis, regulatory compliance, quality improvements, technology and strategic
planning for start-up companies spanning diverse industries. Well versed in Production
ISO/TS 16949 cost estimation, Prototype jobs, Short/Long run jobs, Lean, 5S, Takt time, Kaizen, and
other quality management methodologies to consistently deliver strong operating and
financial results. Proven ability to overhaul health, safety, and environmental programs
to reduce overhead costs and improve compliance with ISO standards as well as OSHA
and EPA regulations.
Advance product quality
Amtech Electrocircuits – Troy, MI
Production part approval
PRODUCTION MANAGER / SUPERVISOR (August 2005 – Present)
E xperienced Production Manager / Supervisor with strong background in cost
Design of experiment (DOE)
control, problem solving and manufacturing. Proven ability to manage suppliers and
staff for consistent results. Proven ability to resolve QA issues at supplier level.
Statistical process control
Experience includes ISO 9000/9001, ISO/TS 16949, Six Sigma standards, failure
Six sigma modes effects analysis (FMEA) processing, MRP and JIT. Supervising all
regulatory compliance activities and helping to enforce quality assurance policies
and best practice principals covering the safety, design, production and inspection.
• Implemented double verification production part approval process (PPAP) during
Just-in-time (JIT) production receiving parts from vendor to eliminate production down time due to wrong part.
• Centralized the inventory system which led to decrease in retrieval time.
Inventory control • Reduce the inventory cost by more than 30% with proper planning.
• Reduced staff by 25% while maintaining production levels through a redesign of
Cost reduction / containment operations processes and improved training and staff utilization.
• Implemented Just-In-Time (JIT) production methodology to control costs and
Root cause analysis
inventory, resulting in a 20% improvement in efficiency.
• Utilized extensive knowledge and skill of transportation logistics to significantly
improve efficiency of deliveries by 35%, effectiveness of manpower by 25%, and
accuracy to 99%.
Corrective action report (CAR)
• Successfully achieved 99% on time delivery and less than 1% RMA rate.
ERP / PLM / MRP • Profitably managed 60% growth in total business during last three years.
• Promoted “Go Green” by converting entire plant into almost paperless facility.
Continuous improvement • Recognized for maintain “Safety” records without any incident in three years.
C AREER STATEMENT Duties:
I feel that my greatest
• Effectively lead, coach, develop and evaluate a large work team of 30+ members to
strengths are firstly my desire
accomplish operational objectives.
to engage positively in all
aspects of plant management. • Projecting/Tracking/Controlling production operation (Prototype, Short run & Long
Secondly my ability to deliver run jobs), manufacturing time, man hours and costs.
operational solutions to • Manage/supervise/final authority of several departments such as warehouse/shipping
complex engineering problems. department, inventory control/material department, procurement department,
Thirdly my strong commitment production/project engineering department, and preventive maintenance manager.
to maintaining quality, • Responsible for monitoring all reports such as Defective Material Report (DMR),
contributing to improvements Time Reporting, Daily Production Report (DPR), Downtime reports, Downtime cost
and supplying an outstanding records, Management reports, Corrective Action Report (CAR), and Accident report.
service to every customer. • Competently utilize Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, SPC and related process
improvement techniques to ensure the most cost-effective manufacturing process.
• Lead project manager in leading and completing DCCF (Design Control Compliance
Hiren M. Patel Form), validation procedures, ECN (Engineering Change Notice), DOE (Design of
Experiment), PBOM (Product Bill of Materials), FactBooks, DHF (Design History
Files), Safety Policies, Statistical Analysis, and Product Development Strategy.
• Responsible for editing and updating any production related instruction /documents
immediately if there is any necessary changes made during production process.
P ERSONAL SKILLS
• Strong hands on experience with CNC programming, SMT Layout creation, 2D/3D
AOI programming, and Reflow recipe creation etc.,
• Manage/ Supervise Non-conforming area (Assembled boards / Material) and initiate
root cause analysis by using technique of 5-Why.
Attention to detail
• Monitor all operational activities on Aras (ERP / PLM / MRP)
• Responsible for advance product quality planning (APQP) of build to order (BTO)
• Manage multiple priorities and projects to meet daily production targets while
consistently reducing downtime.
• Act as a trusted advisor to president of company to follow the company’s vision /
mission and provide status of projects.
• Analyse any source of problem that may affect the quality, efficiency and losses. Take
corrective action to fix the issue right away and implement preventive action to
eliminate repetitive occurrence in future.
• Initiate Corrective Action Report (CAR) right after receiving formal complaints from
Good IT knowledge • Responsible for providing training to each employees on production machines,
computer applications, ESD, Aras (ERP/PLM/MRP) etc.,
Natural leadership skills • Implemented Just-In-Time (JIT) production methodology to control costs and inventory.
• Generate/follow up/implement daily/weekly/monthly production schedule.
Communication • Organising work load, allocating tasks, tasking team on a daily basis.
• Actively identified problem solving opportunities with employees and assisted them
High performance through the stages of continuous process improvement, from data gathering,
measurement, analysis, geometric dimensions and tolerance, monitoring and
• Identify/Diagnose/Resolve operational, manufacturing and maintenance problems
within given deadlines.
C OMPUTER SKILLS
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
MS Outlook / PowerPoint P roven ability to train, lead, motivate and build successful teams.
Understand all legal, regulatory, information security and compliance requirements.
MS SharePoint / Visio Achieving targets in a dynamic and complex business environment.
Disciplined approach & strong/effective communicator at all levels.
MS SQL Able to manage available resource to maximise productivity and efficiency.
P ossessing a responsible attitude and also calm under pressure.
SQL server databases
HTML / XML
A CADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS
P.E.S Institute of Technology, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Adobe Photoshop / Audition
D .Sc. in Computer Science & Engineering (May 2000)
IM / WebEx / Spark
C, C++, JAVA, Eclipse C++ & JAVA (Netvision Technologies, India)
C & Unix (Wave-Technology Education Centre, India)
Windows 8/7/VISTA/XP PC Hardware & Novell Network (Rooman Computers Education Centre, India)
Microsoft Windows NT (Rooman Computers Education Centre, India)
UNIX / Linux
Internet Explorer / Opera
A DDITIONAL SKILLS
Firefox / Chrome / Safari
Application: Parts & Vendors, Aras (ERP / PLM / MRP), OpenERP, Open Bravo,
UniSoft (CAD translation + PC Board viewer), Unisoft Cells, CircuitCam, Koh Young,
iOS / Android OS
BarTender, TeamViewer, Mindtouch (DekiWeki)
Production Machines: Mydata - MY9, MY12, MY100, DEK249, DEK265, ACE K.I.S.S
102 (Selective Solder), Yes Tech (2D), Kohyoung (3D), 3D realtime X-RAY Inspection,
Contact System (CS-400), Vapor phase reflow, Convection reflow, Washer.