Rebecca Lynn Hatfield, BB(ASCP), MLT(ASCP)
Charleston, WV 25314
Seeking a Medical Technologist position to expand my experience, knowledge, and opportunities.
06/1988 – 03/2014 Thomas Memorial Hospital, South Charleston WV
• Performed lab procedures in chemistry, hematology, urinalysis, microbiology, and blood
bank ensuring compliance with American Association of Blood Banks (AABB), College
of American Pathologists (CAP), and Joint Commission.
• Performed maintenance, calibrations, and quality control testing to ensure accurate and
precise result reporting.
Transfusion Service Supervisor
1999-06/2009 Thomas Memorial Hospital, South Charleston WV
• Monitored and performed all testing including complex antibody workups.
• Maintained AABB, CAP, and Joint Commission certification.
• Educated and trained all technical staff and educated nurses on procedures for
transfusing blood products and recognition of transfusion reactions.
• Prepared competencies for technical staff.
• Performed monthly assessments and prepared and presented reports to appropriate
committees for the Quality Program.
• Performed CAP inspections at other facilities.
• Developed and revised procedures for blood bank and the quality plan manual to meet
• Completed yearly performance appraisals.
• Assisted the LIS coordinator in setting up and validating dictionaries for meditech.
1995 – 05/2000: West Virginia State, Institute WV
• Regents Bachelor of Arts
9/1986-05/1988: Southern West Virginia Community College, Logan WV
• Medical Laboratory Technology
09/1983-12/1984: Marshall University, Huntington WV
Additional Information: Available for all shifts