CAREER H ISTORY
PARK HOTE L- ADR ION, GERMANY
CHEF (Indian cur ry), SEPTEMBER 2010 to OCTOBER’2012
Working as part of a team of highly motivated Chefs. Responsible for the efficient running
of the kitchen area, and directly in charge of the overall preparation of all the food which is
served in the dining hall and cafeteria
• Organising and monitoring controls of food quality, presentation and service.
• Assisting with the preparation of and the serving of all meals to customers.
• Ensuring that the ki tchen and service areas are always clean and tidy.
• Managing the kitchens controllable expenses including food cost, supplies, uniforms
• Implementing, monitoring and reviewing food safety systems.
• Preparing menu plans.
• Placing food orders with approved suppliers and wholesalers.
• Cooking for special occasions i.e. bir thdays, weddings etc.
• Preparing and overseeing the cleaning rota.
• Ensuring that all ki tchen equipment is fully maintained at all times.
• Participating in staff and client meetings as required.
• Maintaining accurate records of food supplies, and freezer / fridge temperatures.
• Making sure food stock is rotated properly.
• Supervising and instructing ki tchen staff members in the use of all equipment and
hygiene procedures, giving help and guidance where appropriate.
• Making sure that all crockery and equipment is cleaned and stored correctly.
• Reporting immediately to managers any illness of an infectious nature or accidents
i ncurred by a client or colleague.
• Demonstrating new cooking techniques and equipment to staff.
• Interacting with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Reviewing comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas
• Overseeing customer relations.
• Choosing a restaurant theme.
• Delegating tasks to staff.
• Disciplining underperforming staff members.
C atering skills
• Extensive knowledge of food safety and health regulations.
• Providing guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance
s tandards and monitoring performance.
• Experience of cooking i n high volume outlets.
• Knowledge of kitchen r efurbishment programmes.
• Online food ordering procedures.
• Knowledge of French, I talian, and Fusion cooking.
• Ability to follow detailed instructions and procedures.
• Can quickly adapt to changing situations.
• Able to work with minimum supervision.
• Physically fit with a lot of stamina and able to spend long hours standing up.
• Time management
• Multi tasking
A REAS OF EXPERT ISE
• Developing menus
• K i tchen management
• Signature cocktails
• Food purchasing
• Stock control
• Food costs
• Budgetary control
C u r rently working as ki tchen executive ( F &B production) at
T oshali Royal View Resort (Shimla)
S HAL I MAR- I N D IAN RESTAURANT (GERMANY)
CHEF (I ND IAN CURRY ), DECEMBER 2007 to MARCH’2009
T HE ASHOKA HOTEL ( A UN I T OF I T DC, GOVT OF I N D IA)
COOK, D ECEMBER’2004 to DECEMBER’2007
HOTEL GOLDEN HEAVENS (MUSSORR IE)
COOK, ( I N D IAN TANDOOR I) D ECEMBER’2002 to JULY’2004
MAY FAIR ROOM- (MU MBA I)
COOK (I ND IAN CURRY ), SEPTEMBER 2001 to NOVEMBER’2002
PROFESSIONAL QUAL I F ICAT ION
Diploma in Cook with Vasant Continental, a Delhi based 5 Star Deluxe Hotel ( Period-1998
ACADEM IC QUAL IF ICAT IONS
Senior Secondary from CBSE Delhi.
Available on request.
PERSONAL DETA I LS
DATE OF BIRTH : 01 August’ 1970
FATHERS NAME : Shri Sunder Singh
Mobile Number : +91-996*******
PASSPORT NO : G-4582406