Dudayev Bulvarı, Karya Evleri, F-Blok, 3J, Da:7
Çiğli, İzmir 35010, Turkey
AN EXECUTIVE GRADE PROFESSIONAL WITH A RARE BLEND OF PROVEN
TECHNICAL, MANAGEMENT, AND LEADERSHIP SKILLS
Engineering and General Management, International Business Development, Joint Ventures, Start-ups
A multifaceted, innovative, and adoptable visionary with unique skills and twenty six years of experience.
Demonstrated leadership with a proven ability to deliver results in challenging environments.
Extensive product, technical, manufacturing and business development knowledge in Automotive, Defense
and Aerospace, Transportation, Naval, Heavy Duty Equipment and Alternative Energy industries.
A recognized, 'self-raised' defense industry expert with a broad knowledge of geo -strategical issues.
W ell versed in decoding customer expectations, market research, concept-to-production planning, project
management, engineering finance, vision and strategy setting, and business road map development.
Excellence in resource planning and financial management, applied research, benchmarking, technology
development and assessment, backed by a sound engineering and business decision making judgment.
Solid engineering background, novel problem solving, inter -personal and communication skills.
● Internal Combustion Engine Design and Development ● Conventional, Hybrid and Electrified Powertrain
Engineering and Vehicle Powerpack System Design & Integration ● Vehicle Planning and Development
● Product Customization and Optimization ● Reliability Engineering ● Product and Technology Development
● New Business and Organization Development ● Engineering and Management Consulting ● Strategical
Planning ● Product Design per MIL, NATO and EU Standards, International Regulations and Treaties.
ANOVA MÜHENDİSLİK VE PROJE LTD. ŞTİ., İzmir, Turkey 12/12-present
An Innovative Engineering Service, Software Sales and Niche Production Company in Turkey
Business Development Manager & Technical Consultant
● Actively participated in many aspects of the daily management of the company which is spread across
three locations. Put together a business road map towards the gradual institutionalization of the company.
Co-managed project development and software sales activities across aerospace, defense, heavy
equipment, and automotive industry OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers.
● Defined a growth strategy in line with the local and global market developments and regulatory forecasts to
increase revenue while keeping profitability.
● Provided subject matter technical expertise, business re-engineering and management consulting to
customers across industries. Coached staff in project management and technical subjects from engines to
aircraft sub-system design and automotive marketing.
BMC SANAYİ VE TİCARET A.Ş., İzmir, Turkey 9/09-12/12
One of the Oldest and Largest Civilian and Military Vehicle Manufacturers in Turkey
Manager - Engineering Analyses & Simulations - R&D Department
● Designed and implemented a customized, financially viable road map for integr ating structured CAE and
experimental mechanics methods into the mainstream vehicle and sub-system design processes. Re-
designed the appropriate organizational structure, planned and acquired all human and capital resources.
● Devised a simultaneous product development discipline to revitalize the vehicle development processes
customized for low volume-high complexity production towards reducing development costs and time to
market while improving the quality. Participated in executive planning of all future vehicle programs.
● Trained staff in stress, structural and NVH analyses procedures, vehicle dynamics, automotive product
design, accelerated testing, problem resolution and verification methods. Introduced and managed the task
based cross-functional teams investigating field failures leading to improved customer perceptions.
● Directed contract engineering work such as simulations of for mine explosion for military vehicles and
instrumentation work for road data collection. Identified and managed various projects for government R&D
funding and areas of cooperation with universities.
● Co-led the BMC team that prepared the proposal for SSM's high value MBT's diesel power pack development
tender working with Ricardo plc. Devised a unique road map for staff, facilities and technology acquisition
towards building-up of a sustainable capability to develop engines, transmissions and major sub-systems.
EMRE BÜLBÜL page two
AVL POWERTRAIN ENGINEERING INC., Plymouth, MI, USA 5/07- 4/09
One of World’s Premier and Largest Private Powertrain and Vehicle Engineering Consulting Company
Technical Specialist - Engine Design & Mechanical Development
● Led all valvetrain, timing drive, and cranktrain development of Ford's new medium -duty V8 diesel engine from
concept to pre-production, within time and cost targets. Incorporated class leading features via extensive
benchmarking, collaboration with suppliers, and finance optimizing cost. Co-authored a patent to improve
valvetrain functionality and simplify assembly while reducing cost.
● Managed business diversification into alternative energy areas including wind turbines via extensive market
and technical research. Identified niche areas for potential consultancy and engineering challenges unique to
large wind turbine installations. Trained engineering and sales on new business endeavors.
● Developed business road maps for new and up-graded diesel, gasoline, and hybrid powertrain projects in -line
with the latest technological trends to ensure customers invest in the most appropriate mix of technology.
● Co-led and led proposals to $6.4M from feasibility studies and functional prove-out of novel engine concepts
by inventors, to conversion of diesel engines into ethanol spark ignition ones for agricultural equipment, and
performance testing of advanced auxiliary power systems for military ve hicles.
● Spearheaded new business prospects by devising a multifaceted plan to upgrade existing powertrian testing
infrastructure. Led marketing of newly acquired capabilities, developed new multi -media marketing materials.
RICARDO INC., Van Buren Twp., MI, USA 5/03-5/07
One of World’s Premier and Largest Public Powertrain and Vehicle Engineering Consulting Company
Technology Leader - Engine Design & Mechanical Development
● Led mechanical development of DCX's new SRT 6.1L Hemi engine from concept to production, meeting all
cost, functional and timing targets. Assisted customer supervisor in staff management, all contract
engineering and prototype manufacturing, failure analyses, and program reliability tracking.
● Managed in-house and contract valvetrain and cranktrain fatigue rig and cylinder block pulse testing within
cost and timing targets. Prevented delay in vehicle launch by quickly devising an accelerated engine testing.
Designed a unique test to investigate engine performance with low grade fuel.
● Resolved unique engine design challenges related to valvetrain, timing drive, power take -off and FEAD
systems, marinization of gasoline engines, and adaptation and packaging of diesel engine s into land, naval
combat, and unmanned aerial vehicles.
● Enabled the company to capture business from competition by devising novel testing methods for end -of-line
testing of split-power hybrid transmissions, reduction of friction in acc essory drives, and improving
performance and durability of valvetrain hardware which were to perform in adverse operating conditions.
● Brought resolutions to high cost warranty issues related to EGR and turbocharger system malfunctions
and vehicle overheating employing unique problem solving combined with analysis and accelerated testing.
Introduced ways to avoid warranty by revising existing design guidelines, FMEAs, and validation planning.
● Led or participated in proposals ranging in value from $5K to $4M and in content, from providing market due
diligence and project feasibility studies, to the development of complete new engines, concept vehicle
powerpack configuration and integration. Managed company and custom er staff, briefed executives.
FORD MOTOR CO. (Contract via Altair Inc.), Dearborn, MI, USA 2/02-5/03
One of the Largest Vehicle Manufacturers in the World
Sr. Powertrain Engineer - Lincoln-Mercury Powertrain
● Led a team of engineers to identify and implement cost reduction design changes for 3.9L and 4.6L engine
upgrade programs, exceeding all program cost targets while meeting all performance targets. Coached staff in
design and release, GD&T, powertrain NVH compliance, emissions and homologation procedures.
SELF EMPLOYED, Ypsilanti, MI, USA 2/00-2/02
Freelance International Business and Engineering Consultant
● Identified low-cost overseas suppliers for U.S. heavy equipment manufacturers and defense firms, facilitated
forming partnerships and provide guidance to fulfill foreign governmental contractual obligations.
● Liaised for foreign companies, identifying appropriate testing facilities i n the U.S. to reduce development costs
Provided market research and guidance in fulfilling U.S. trade and customs regulations requirements.
EMRE BÜLBÜL page three
TOYOTA TECHNICAL CENTER U.S.A. INC., Ann Arbor, MI, USA 11/95-12/99
World's Top Vehicle Manufacturer
Sr. Engineer - Powertrain-II Department
● Achieved all localization and U.S. specific component performance and cost targets for the 2000 model 1.8L
Corolla engine and transmissions, as the lead design liaison between Japan engine design divisions and
local U.S. suppliers, production plants, purchasing, quality control, and production planning departments.
● Played a key role in Toyota achieving the best possible U.S. engine and transmission quality by identifying
and bringing on board qualified suppliers based on such qualifications as company culture, engineering and
production capability, quality systems, and commitment to Toyota’s quality and corporate philosophy.
● Met all localization targets by adapting original Japan designed pistons, crankshafts, cylinder blocks and
heads, and head covers for North American market, accounting for differences in drive cycles, driver habits,
engineering standards, material cost and availability, and government, environmental and labor regulations.
● Improved North American (U.S., Canada, and Mexico) supplier quality by pro viding coaching and guidance
in Toyota Production Systems, Toyota’s engineering design, validation and testing, production preparation,
quality control, and post-production product monitoring practices.
CUMMINS ENGINE COMPANY INC., Columbus, IN, USA 7/90-7/95
World's Largest, Independent, and Public Diesel Engine Manufacturer Company
Sr. Mechanical Development Engineer - HHP Engines - QSK19 Development Team
● Co-led development team from concept to limited production meeting all program targets. Held management
reviews, released drawings, developed validation plans, and identified and implemented cost reduction
ideas. Managed all resources and suppliers. Co-ordinated launch at Cummins Brazil and it's suppliers.
● Optimized design and durability of existing and future block -to-head joint, cylinder head, and cylinder head
gasket designs using analysis, testing, and failure prediction methods for increased cylin der and fuel injection
pressures to meet emission regulations. Created FMEAs, DVP&Rs and component design specifications.
● Investigated vibration induced engine and driveline failures in oil rig supply boats, large off-highway mining
trucks, and infantry fighting vehicles. Identified appropriate design changes in engine and transmission
mounting, driveline configuration, and hull and vehicle stru ctures to prevent future issues.
Sr. Engineer - Advanced HHP Engineering and R&D - Design & Analysis 7/90-7/92
● Improved fatigue reliability of medium and large engine cylinder blocks and heads, crankshaft, and valvetrain
components using FE and experimental stress, thermal analyses, probabilist ic design methods, and engine
testing. Developed an accelerated unique cranktrain bench fatigue testing methodology, and built a test rig.
TECHNALYSIS INC., Indianapolis, IN, USA 6/88-7/90
A Small, Private Engineering Consulting Company
Consulting Project Engineer
● Improved performance of IC engine intake ports, combustion chambers, and turbochargers utilizing CFD,
structural dynamics, stress, and fatigue analysis. Wrote proposals. Prepared presentations.
PURDUE UNIVERSITY- CFD Laboratories, Indianapolis, IN, USA 5/86-5/88
One of the Research and Development Institution's of A Top Notch Engineering S chool
Graduate Research Assistant - Recipient of $8,000/year stipend from WPAFB & GE, Ohio
● Co-developed a 3-D block structured finite element Euler equation solver and related mesh generation
computer code. Performed research work on CFD applications in internal combustion and turbofan engines.
FORMAL & INFORMAL EDUCATION & TRAINING
Numerous courses and training over the years in Engine & Vehicle Design and Development, Engineering
Management, Leadership, Resource Management, Total Quality Management, Toyota Production
Systems, Manufacturing, Product Development and Validation, Marketing, Project Management and
Financing, and Business start-ups.
● MSME, completed 21 hours at Purdue University, IN, 1986 -1988
● BSME, Purdue University, IN, 1986
U.S. and Turkish Citizenship