Jessica A. Bordner
Northfield, MA 01360
OBJECTIVE: To obtain a position in a company in the Boston area where I can maximize my skills and contribute to
achieving overall company goals.
WINCHESTER PRECISION TECHNOLOGIES: manufacturers of precision metal fabrications.
I. Purchasing Manager: Winchester, NH December 2013 to Present
• Manages the procurement of all raw materials and services for the manufacturing of large scale machined
parts. Includes maintaining vendor relations, acquiring quotes for raw materials, services, and tooling,
negotiations on price and delivery, writing/submitting purchase orders, and approving all invoices.
• Manages all purchasing of shop and office supplies and tooling for production.
• Manages logistics and shipping/receiving of materials, which includes: working with trucking vendors on
getting quoted prices on shipments, scheduling, and tracking/maintaining incoming and outgoing shipments.
• Safety director for the machine shop and office, which includes: maintaining a safe shop environment for
manufacturing, providing safety training, upkeep of the OSHA compliant safety manual and required OSHA
reports/forms, leads the quarterly Joint Loss Committee meetings and implements the post meeting action list,
and manages the monthly shop safety and crane inspections.
C&S WHOLESALE GROCERS: the largest wholesale grocery supply company in the US.
I. Merchandising Analyst: Keene, NH April 2013 to Nov 2013
• Managed all the national merchandising and marketing responsibilities for the ice cream and cereal
• Responsible for attaining gross profit goals and negotiating with vendors for competitive Merchandising and
Marketing deals for the Independent customer group.
• Managed all aspects of vendor data integrity in the areas of pricing files, item accuracy, item changes, item
assortment, category marketing info and lost margin resolution.
• Negotiated buying opportunities with vendors while maximizing gross profit dollars.
• Acted as a primary contact for all ice cream and cereal vendors in building and maintaining relationships.
NORTHWESTERN MUTUAL: AAA rated mutual company who is a leader in its industry and serves the investment
needs of over 3 million clients.
I. Financial Representative: Manchester, NH/Springfield, MA July 2012 to April 2013
• Managed a financial planning practice including all operations and sales.
• Conducted client meetings daily to discuss financial planning, build relationships, and building the business.
• Manages expense reports, sales reports, client cases and files.
WEST MARINE: A publicly-traded leader in the marine and boating industry, currently the largest boating retailer in
the United States.
I. Operations Manager: Middletown, RI May 2010 to May 2012
• Managed all operations in a 6 million dollar retail boating store, including: hiring, managing and developing
direct reports, scheduling, and managing store inventory.
• Increased sales by 70% in the Newport, RI market from $3.5 million to $6 million in one year, which is the
highest in the country of 350 stores.
• 2011 year end sales up 12%.
• Managed the grand opening sales event for the Middletown store that generated $270k in 4 days.
• Marketed the Newport Boat Show for West Marine, which resulted in increased revenues of 110% YOY.
Record breaking sales grossing over $95k in 4 days.
II. Executive Assistant to VP: New Bedford, MA Sept 2008 to May 2010
• Supported the Northeast Region in planning and executing initiatives that directly related to developing
people and the company’s strategic goals.
• Increased sales in NE Region by 12%, highest sales increase for the region in history.
• Established and lead discussion forums for sales drivers, strategic planning, and associate development.
• Developed sales incentive plans for 200 associates.
• Managed multiple sales events for store grand openings and seasonal events.
• Managed a district of (3) stores with overall increased of revenue of 10%.
III. Store Manager: Narragansett, RI Aug. 2006 to Sept. 2008
• Lead the District in add-on sales, and assisted in increasing the district’s to over 100% by training and
coaching 11 other store managers.
• Awarded District Store of the Year in 2006.
• Established a localized marketing program for the district, which involved event planning and training for
over 12 stores.
• Developed other associates to be promoted to Store Managers.
IV. Sales Associate: Narragansett, RI Dec 2005 to August 2006
PERFECT DETAIL BOAT DETAILING
I. Owner and Manager: Wakefield, RI 1998 to 2005
• Developed and ran a business, which included managing all operations, marketing, sales, and finances.
UNIVERSITY OF VERMONT: Burlington, VT 2004
Bachelors Degree in Business Administration: Marketing/Entrepreneurship GPA: 3.4
NORTHFIELD MOUNT HERMON (NMH): Northfield, MA 2000
Diploma received GPA 3.67