Greensboro, NC *****
Results driven professional seeking a challenging position in support of a manufacturing
environment to improve safety, quality, cost, and delivery. Experienced team leader and
collaborative team member.
ENERGIZER HOLDINGS INC. Asheboro NC 1986 to 2014
Held progressively increasing roles of responsibility beginning as Plant Engineer to Staff
2004-2014 Staff Engineer.
1996-2004 Senior Plant Engineer.
1990-1996 Plant Engineer 1.
1987-1990 Plant Engineer.
1987 Temporary assignment to Maintenance Supervisor.
1986-1987 Plant Engineer.
• Wrote specifications for a variety of project types including capital equipment purchase,
energy efficiency programs, machine upgrades, and equipment relocation. Developed
project rationale, created scope of work, rationalized cost justification and payback,
defined budget, set timelines, and presented to senior management for approval
• Managed multiple $1M+ capital projects to expand capacity and launch new products.
Wrote equipment specifications, evaluated and selected vendors. Administered
equipment purchase, acceptance, installation, and commissioning. Performed
Equipment Validation Plan (EVP) and Process Validation Plan (PVP).
• Supported operations by writing operator training documentation and changeover
procedures. Insured operators, mechanics and electricians were properly trained to
safely and effectively maintain and operate equipment.
• Performed on-site evaluations and acceptance trials for multiple domestic and overseas
• Managed $500k facility expansion project. Performed roles of project manager and
internal general contractor to oversee engineering and construction. Exceeded project
expectations, completed on time and within budget.
• Team leader/member for multiple equipment projects to upgrade controls, increase
equipment capability, and production line relocations.
John Dahlinghaus 336-***-****
• Working knowledge of current PLC’s, servos, steppers, VFD’s, HMI’s, etc. Familiar with
many legacy products. Proficient in reading schematics, diagrams, installation and repair
• Major contributor to tooling design for packaging equipment. Worked closely with
equipment manufacturers and internal marketing group to design both the package and
the tooling in order to maximize existing equipment utilization.
• Led and participated in Continuous Improvement programs. (SMED, ergonomic
improvements, workflow, noise reduction, energy conservation, material cost reduction,
OAE). Participated in Lean evaluations and 5S. Performed Gemba walks and
• Led and participated in multiple energy efficiency programs. Generated less than 3 year
payback though lighting improvements, HVAC controls, compressed air usage reduction,
and production equipment improvements.
• Initiated program to manage electrical compliance training for over 30 individuals
working at 3 different locations. Continued to oversee all necessary OSHA, NFPA and
internal JSHA training as well as the proper care and utilization of PPE.
• Performed safety inspections for electrical, ergonomic and safety deficiencies. Took part
in near miss investigations. Identified and managed corrective actions.
• Supported electricians, mechanics, and operators to troubleshoot and repair packaging
and manufacturing production equipment.
• Assisted others by providing electrical engineering in support of their projects.
• Performed failure analysis and recommended improvements.
• Served as the Go-To person for pneumatic system troubleshooting and improvements.
• Experienced working independently or as part of a cross functional team.
North Carolina National Guard
• Gather and analyze data to provide commander with tactical information. (Top Secret
security clearance required)
• Install, maintain and operate encrypted FM radio equipment.
US Army Reserve
• Provide repair and support services for a variety of combat engineer equipment.
John Dahlinghaus 336-***-****
US Army, Germany
• Provide electrical, electronic and mechanical repair services to short range air defense
• 1986 Bachelors of Electronics Engineering Technology, University of Toledo.
• 1984 Associates of Electronics Engineering Technology, University of Toledo.