To secure a position that is challenging, has growth potential and allows me
to utilize my training and abilities.
Business Administration 1997
Harold Washington College, Chicago, IL
General Studies 1993
Kennedy King College, Chicago, IL
Program Coordinator, Asset$Illinois Initiatives
Illinois Department of Human Service, Chicago, IL (5/2006-6/2011)
• Insures thatclient information is processed by the financial institution
partner in the manner agreed upon to insure accurate participant account
• Will supervise and coordinate new clients added and dropped from the
• Will monitor client compliance with federal and state laws concerning
asset purchases and account close out
• Operating system management
• File Management
• Customer Service Management
• Administrative Support
Judge & Dolph, Ltd., Elk Grove Village, IL (12/2004-3/2006)
• Worked with Priority accounts in making sure their bills were paid and
any discrepancies they may have.
• Helped in preparing the delinquent list as well as maintaining the list
when a customer comes off delinquency.
• Prepared any NSF’s that came thru for processing.
• Prepare attorney files
• Release orders out of order screen and leave past due messages
• Interact with sales reps on a daily basis for any questions they may have
as well as their payments
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative, Matrix International, Elk Grove, IL
02/2004 – 07/2004)
• Pulled all reports needed for management i.e. order books and pick list
• Prepared shipping documents for dispatch
• Answered incoming calls and resolved customer needs in a fast paced
• Worked with the organization temp until sale was completed
General Manager, Storage Today, Chicago, IL. (2000 – 2004)
• Sold storage units and moving supplies
• Monitored all office transactions, set up accounts, and maintained
• Scheduled, trained, and monitored all employee actions including
Call Center First Contact Lead
Call Center First Contact Lead, Empire Today, Chicago, IL. (1997 – 2000)
• Answered calls and provided sales leads for home improvement
• Audited leads for accuracy
• Monitored employee activity, trained and guided new employees
• Typing 60 – 65 wpm.
• Knowledge of Microsoft programs; Windows 1998 – 2000, Word Excel,
Word Perfect 7.0 and Quote Pro Rater.
• Extensive knowledge of Internet/ Network and E-mail capabilities.
• Knowledgeable on the AS400
• AFI2 processing system
References Available Upon Request