W. Gary Purrington
Taylorsville, Utah 84129
Objective: To use my strong customer service, orientation, and attention to details,
seasoned leadership abilities, and well developed communication skills to meet the goals of
Experience: Many years in diverse environments managing and supervising skilled
staff, which performed high quality detailed oriented projects.
1. Merit Medical. 06/2011 to 08/2 13 Coil Bander Specialist. Cut and coiled tubing in
preparation for systemized construction of medical devices.
2. Discover Card. 01/2011 to 06/2011 Customer service and collections of past due accounts.
Was able to tactfully negotiate with customers. Met and exceeded monthly goals.
3. Intermountain Health Care. 06/2007 to 10/2010 Specialist in material management.
Shipping and receiving of hospital products. Responsible for personally checking all drugs
to be dispensed throughout hospital.. Responsible for communicating with all departments
for drugs, pumps, etc. for customer use. All aspects of warehouse management.
4. Honeybaked Ham. 06/2004 to 07/2006 Sales and business to business catering. Daily selling
to customers, and catering to corporate businesses.
5. American Red Cross. 06/2004 to 07/2006 Mobile unit supervisor. In charge of quality
products being used on donors, and quality of the donation being ready for transportation.
6. Wasatch Funeral Homes. 04/2002 to 05/2004 Helping families cope with death of loved ones.
Administrative and “hands on” experience.
7. Owner/Production Manager of various printing companies. 1977 to 2002 Worked with
customers from start to finish of printing projects. Quality and customer satisfaction was
a. Documart Printing and Copies
b. Tuellers Ink
c. The Printing Association
d. Quik Print
e. Sir Speedy Printing Centers
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities. I know how to work well with people. I listen to
customers’ needs, develop a plan to meet those needs, and work with others to implement
the plan, providing training as needed or “pitching in” myself to accomplish the task at
hand. I enjoy working with people, learn quickly, and develop a detailed working knowledge
of high quality performance.
Education. University of Utah. Health Science. Athletic Scholarship