Business Savvy IT
Cross-Functional Team Leadership
Strategic Capacity & Systems
Financial Modeling & Analysis
Fiscal Planning & Analysis
Collaborative Vision & Goal Setting
Influence / Resilience / Integrity
Continuous Business Process
Human Resource Planning / Analysis
KPI Development & Profitability Analytics
Operational Assessment / Excellence
A business-savvy technologist and project leader with a proven track record of success across a multitude of industries. A visionary who serves as a catalyst for sustainable change by empowering technical and IT teams. A driver of continuous improvement who is rethinking what's possible, transforming complex IT and business obstacles into tangible and profitable solutions. Applies extraordinary acumen in making clients successful by pushing the boundaries in an ever-changing IT landscape. Trusted IT Business Partner
Transformational Leader / Collaborator
'An exceptional IT Leader, with passion and the drive for perfection
"As my GM of Federal Cigar, Roger was instrumental in driving operational efficiencies into the business across all locations by enabling technology into mission-critical business processes. Through his efforts, we were able to significantly drive down inventory levels, increase product turns, and drive down procurement costs. In addition, Roger had some real "out-of-the-box" marketing ideas that ultimately delivered results to the business. Roger is a
"geek" with a business brain. If you are looking to improve both your top and bottom line results, and technology is a challenge for you, Roger is your guy." -
- Gilman Anderson, CEO & Co-Owner, Federal Cigar
2017 – 2019 General Manager
Federal Cigar is one of the oldest tobacconists in the United States founded in 1921, and is based in Portsmouth, North Hampshire with store locations in Portsmouth, Dover, Epping, and Plaistow.
• Migrated from Retail Edge to REVEL, a cloud-based POS and inventory management system.
• Pioneered real-time financials, KPI dashboarding and trend analysis resulting in faster business decision making, and just in time inventory purchasing by integrating Revel with QBO to automate financial reporting.
• Spearheaded all strategic planning, fiscal administration and budgeting, marketing, trend analysis, sales, customer service and retention (CRM), human resources, and training and development.
• Implemented various marketing strategies and developed visual content for social media, direct advertising, radio, and newsprint to widen customer base for a niche, luxury product.
• Optimized staffing levels of up to 20 team members across 3 retail outlets and 2 lounges within the payroll budget and productivity metrics as well as exceeding hiring goals through a rigorous selection process.
• Coached and mentored team members through leading and influencing, improving employee satisfaction and dramatically reducing turnover.
• Standardized and implemented all operating and training procedures for retail and bar operations improving customer service and staff productivity
Execution & Results
Prior Microsoft Certified Network
Engineer and SQL Server Administrator
Holder of US Patent 7,099,110 and
others related to data destruction
techniques and hardware.
Former SAGE ERP PRO Developer and
Certified Visual FoxPro Developer.
Certified SAGE 300 ERP Consultant
Accellos, Auto-Simply, GotoMaxx and
other Sage 3rd party products.
PMI and Six-Sigma Training.
2013 – 2017 Consultant
WAC Solution Partners is a Certified Sage Reseller. Provided technical consulting and product management for Sage PRO ERP, Sage 100/300 ERP, and Sage X3.
• Spearheaded leadership for cross-functional global collaboration of international development; Maintained WAC Sage CRM system for all 14 offices.
• Ignited $300,000 in incremental revenue in two years.
• Conceptualized and implemented modifications to Sage products; responsible for project management and deployment of new Sage 100/300/X3 clients.
• Piloted data migration of clients existing ERP platforms to Sage 100/300 or X3.
• Analyzed and documented business processes in preparation for implementation, noting potential risks, developing contingencies and setting project objectives to ensure client satisfaction.
• Implemented AWS as a new client platform for all WAC offices selling cloud- based solutions.
2012 - 2012 SOA Project Manager
At the request of my boss - I took a leave from DestructData and joined AgilePath for the purpose of leading a Web Services project at Yale University until a permanent, local, manager could be hired.
• Orchestrated team development and implementation of Yale PMO policies, determining the initial scope of the project, mentoring team leaders, and collaborating with stakeholders.
2010 - 2013 Director of Technical Services
Initially a startup, DestructData is now considered an industry leader in storage sanitization and enterprise level media sanitization products and services. The customer base included the largest e-waste recycling companies as well as many Fortune 500 data centers.
• Conceptualized and authored the technical designs for a line of hardware/software based erasure products.
• Spearheaded all strategic technical planning, administration, licensing, vendor and client service and retention (CRM/BRM), development methodology and testing procedures.
• Speaker at trade shows and industry-related conferences across the nation.
• Developed corporate website, branding and direct sales materials. 2005 - 2009 Founder / Senior Technical Manager
Ensconce Data Technology
EDT was founded to commercialize technology patented jointly by myself and UNH, in the field of digital media sanitization
• Through joint research with the University of New Hampshire, I developed and patented data destruction via chemical decomposition, US Pat No 7,099,110.
• Authored and presented a business plan resulting in $5 million dollars of angel funding.
• Created the DS200 and related products producing $8 million dollars of revenue.
• EDT DS-200 was recognized as a Finalist for Product of the Year in NH High Tech Council.
• Product Manager and Software Architect of the Digital Shredder DS200 in conjunction with Columbia Tech Engineering.
• Spearheaded the development of quality control systems, product testing, and the detection of any needed optimizations. Presented at industry trade shows on the state of sanitization and industry compliance. Bachelor of the Arts in Economics and
Michigan State University
Computer Science -
Michigan Technological University
Marketing & Sales
Proficient in Adobe Photo Shop
Have performed media buys with agencies,
newspapers, radio and television.
Designed numerous campaigns for
products and services
Capable with Facebook Ads, Google
Have designed and built websites using
several CMS platforms such as WordPress,
SquareSpace and Craft
Have constructed e-commerce sites using
platforms such as Craft Commerce,
Squarespace, and WooCommerce with
backend integration to POS and ERP
systems and Avalara Tax
Capable technical writer and public speaker,
having made presentations to many C-
Level executives and VCs
IOKA Entertainment – 2001-2010
The IOKA was one of the oldest running
independent cinemas in the country. I
purchased the business and real estate to
expand the operation for the 21st century.
Featured two screens running first run films
Featured a 100 person bar with a full liquor
Produced over 100 live events
Established Summer Film Camp
Doubled revenue in 4 years
Closed in 2010 due to increasing costs
related to meeting public safety codes
Former NH Realtor
Sports Car Enthusiast
2000 - 2005 Founder / Chief Technology Officer
Vision Solution Impact LLC
VSI was founded to modernize the supply chain of the independent jewelry business by rechanneling surplus goods from major manufacturers through traditional sales and an electronic trading floor with 24-hour fulfillment. VSI exceeded 20MM in first year sales, 30MM in second year.
Established all corporate infrastructure including LAN, WAN, VPN, Financial Systems, telecommunications, and inventory control.
Designed and developed extensive modifications to Sage Pro accounting system encompassing all major aspects of the business including Receiving, Inventory Control, Sales Order Processing, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Purchasing, General Ledger to fit business needs
Product management & development of a remote order processing platform for field sales reps which reduced order turnaround from 3 days to same day, lowering returns, and improving inventory control.
Designed and implemented order fulfillment center and shipping process to insure accurate delivery
Implemented web based systems to allow vendors and other partners access to inventory and reporting information
Established on-line B2B ordering platform increasing annual revenue 62%
Management of internal staff, outside contractors, project cost estimation and scheduling
1994 – 2000 Principal Consultant
Deloitte Consulting / DRT Systems
DRT Systems was a wholly owned subsidiary of Deloitte Consulting until it was sold to CGI. As Principal Consultant I was primarily responsible for the success of many projects across the Boston and New York offices.
• Respected industry conference speaker for Borland and Microsoft
• Established DRT Houston operation resulting in more than $4MM in sales in year 1, clients included several Fortune 500 companies
• Senior Technical Architect and Product Manager for the creation of a Medic- aid/Medi-Care submission center. One of the first non-mainframe centers federally approved. Constructed in one year by a staff of 6. The operation performed 32MM in billing second year.
• Elected Principle Consultant in 1997by vote of peers (DRTs highest non- sales title)
• Facilitated relocation of NY office operation to new headquarters
• Responsible for project oversight on all projects conducted by staff of over 40 in NY office
• Held fiscal and personnel responsibilities for the Boston office location, major clients were State of Mass Trial Courts, Liberty Mutual, Sybase and Mass Financial Services all of which were accounts sold directly by me. Roger Detzler