Phone · 575-***-****
Email · firstname.lastname@example.org
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center – Midland, TX May 2017 – Present
• Master of Physician Assistant Studies, anticipated graduation date August 2019 New Mexico State University – Las Cruces, NM Aug 2014 – May 2015
• Master of Science in Biotechnology
New Mexico State University – Las Cruces, NM May 2010 –Dec 2013
• Bachelor of Science in Biology with minors in Biochemistry CLERKSHIPS – El Paso, TX
Internal Medicine Aug 13, 2018 – Sept 19, 2018
BHS Physicians Network Inc. – Luis Guerra, MD
• Focused on outpatient medicine and performed H&P’s.
• Recommended imaging/laboratory orders, and discussed assessments and plans with preceptor.
Obstetrics and Gynecology Sept 24, 2018 – Oct 30, 2018 Providence Women’s Health Partners – Brion Gluck, MD & Valerie Dahill, PAC
• Performed H&P’s, well woman exams, pap smears, pelvic exams, STD cultures, obstetrics exam, Group B strep cultures at week 36, Biophysical profile test and counseled patients on contraceptives.
• Procedures assisted: Cesarean section, vaginal deliveries, hysterectomy, conization, LEEP, dilation and curettage, vacuum aspiration, ultrasound guided IUD placement, endometrial ablation.
Pediatrics Nov 05, 2018 – Dec 11, 2018
Partners in Pediatrics – Andres Aristizabal, MD
• Performed well child exams, sport physicals, H&P’s, ECG’s for ADHD patients, and discussed anticipatory guidance with families.
• Assisted with infant circumcisions and counseled parents on post-circumcision care.
Gastroenterology Jan 07, 2019 – Jan 25, 2019
El Paso Center for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy – Alfredo Chavez, MD
• Performed H&P’s, fecal occult blood tests, examination of internal/external hemorrhoids, and discussed assessments and plans with preceptor.
• Procedures assisted: Colonoscopy, endoscopy, flexible sigmoidoscopy, biopsies, esophageal dilation.
2 P a g e
Cardiology Jan 28, 2019 – Feb 13, 2019
Texas Integrative Medicine & Cardiology, PLLC – Oscar Aguilar, MD
• Performed H&P’s, recommended imaging/laboratory orders, and discussed assessments and plans with preceptor.
• Assisted with exercise stress tests and Holter monitors. Emergency Medicine Feb 18, 2019 – Mar 26, 2019
Emergency Services of Texas, Las Palmas Medical Center – Jun Meng, PAC
• Procedures performed: Suturing, splinting, incision and drainage, wound packing, digital nerve block, DRE/FOBT, insertion/removal of urinary catheter, and assisted with hip dislocation reduction. Psychiatry Apr 01, 2019 – May 08, 2019
Atlantis Health Services – Jean Vanderpool, MD
• Performed H&P’s on psychiatric consult patients.
• Spent one week with a licensed professional counselor and a certified thanatologist, observing Applied Behavioral Analysis, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Existential Therapy sessions.
General Surgery May 13, 2019 – June 18, 2019
Dunamis Surgical Centers, PLLC – Oluwamayowa Familua, MD
• First assist in robotic and laparoscopic cholecystectomy, appendectomy, Emergency exploratory laparotomy, open hemicolectomy, modified radical mastectomy, hernia repairs with mesh, lipoma resection.
• Performed closure of incision sites via sutures, staples, Dermabond, Pressure dressing, and wound vac.
• Rounded on patients admitted to hospitals.
• Performed H&P’s, wound care and dressing changes, examined inguinal, umbilical, ventral, and incisional hernias, external and internal hemorrhoids, pilonidal abscess and removal of JP and accordion drains. Family Medicine June 24, 2019 – July 30, 2019
Mt. West Health Center – Victor Vilalobos, MD
• Performed H&P’s, annual wellness physical exams, sport physicals, well woman exams, prostate and male GU exams, and management of chronic conditions.
• Procedures performed: Shave biopsy, skin tag removal, cyst removals, joint injections including knee, shoulder, and trigger finger, LICENSE/CERTIFICATIONS
Physician Assistant State License – Pending Aug 2019 NPI ID: 158*******
NCCPA ID: 1162209
Basic Life Support Provider – Pending Aug 2019
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Provider – Pending Aug 2019 3 P a g e
Las Cruces Dermatology - Andrew L. Ondo, MD – Medical Assistant Aug 2015 – Sept 2016
• Obtained patient vitals and recorded medical histories.
• Assisted with skin biopsies, skin tags, lipomas and mole removals.
• Review and log pathology results. Send biopsies to pathology.
• Notified patients of pathology results and discussed further treatments.
• Set new patients up with Accutane and ordered labs.
• Administer IM and SubQ injections.
Mountain View Regional Medical Center March 2014 – Sept 2016 Emergency Department Medical Scribe
• Documented provider-patient encounters including medical history and physical exams.
• Imported laboratory/radiology results, treatment plans, and follow-up care. New Mexico State University – Graduate Teaching Assistant Jan 2015 – May 2015
• Assisted Dr. Andrew Milligan in undergraduate principles of genetics course.
• Presented lectures to class of 110 students, grade coursework and exams.
• Provided individualized attention and aided preparation of exams to students during office hours.
New Mexico State University – Research Assistant May 2010 – May 2013
• Assisted Dr. Avis James on research involving evolution of life history traits and ecological population genetics. One focus of her lab is to determine the difference of developmental stages in isotopic signatures of δ 15
N and δ
• Latest research has explored the female mate preference in D. melanogaster and their endoparasite, Wolbachia in males.
AWARDS & SCHOLARSHIPS
• Texas Tech University School of Health Professions Recruitment Scholarship (2017, 2018)
• New Mexico State University Graduate Academic Excellence Scholarship (2014)
• New Mexico State University Honors College (2013)
• Pre-Health Professions Vice President (2013)
• New Mexico State University Dean’s List (2010-2013) COMMUNITY SERVICE & VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE
Casa de Amigos – Midland, TX 2017 – 2018
• Tutored several underprivileged students in English and Math.
• Participated in craft activities and read books with the students. Breaking Bread Kitchen – Midland, TX 2017 – 2018
• Plated and served dinners to the homeless population of Midland. Permian Basin Health Fair – Midland/Odessa, TX 2017
• Educated members of the community on the PA profession.
• Collected manual blood pressure measurements for health fair attendees. 4 P a g e
COMMUNITY SERVICE & VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE
Olive Branch Ministries International, Medical Mission Trip – Nicaragua June 2013
• Traveled to various communities to set up free clinics for underserved individuals.
• Assisted Dr. David Edwards and Dr. Good, volunteer physicians at Texas Tech University School of Medicine with H&P’s and distributing prescriptions.
• Sanitized, set up and broke down exam rooms, observed over 450 patients in 8 days.
• Demonstrated to children and their families the proper techniques to a healthy lifestyle.
• Assisted medical student with triage and screening of patients. ORGANIZATION MEMBERSHIP & LEADERSHIP
TTUHSC PA Society – Treasurer 2017 – Present
• Managed and general financial oversight of class funds.
• Assisted with organizations all fundraising events for the PA Class of 2019.
• Raised over $1,500 for the purposes of traveling to national/state conferences. Texas Academy of Physician Assistants, TAPA – Student Member 2017 – Present
• Attended the Fall 2017 conference and associated lectures and workshops including suturing, surgical knots, surgical scrubbing, and casting. American Academy of Physician Assistants, AAPA – Student Member 2017 – Present
• Participates in the AAPA Student Community Huddle. Permian Basin PA Society – Student Member 2017 – Present
• Active student member
• Attends monthly meetings
• Volunteered for events including the 2017 PBPAS Annual Conference. SPECIAL SKILLS
• Conversational knowledge of Cantonese.