Abhyarthana Pattanaik Curriculum Vitae
Ph.D. IIT (ISM), Dhanbad
DOB: 17 April, 1992
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com Objective
To serve as a responsible engineer/researcher in upstream Mineral R&D sector, in Chemical manufacturing company for development of new reagent regimes according to ore mineralogy, that will utilize my specialized technical knowledge and also enable my professional growth leading to maximum mutual benefit. Academics
• Ph.D. in Mineral Processing/Engineering from IIT (ISM), Dhanbad, India in 2019.
• M.Tech course works completed with first class/distinction during Ph.D. research in IIT
(ISM), Dhanbad, India.
• B.Tech in Mineral Processing/Engineering with CGPA 8.25 from Govt. College of Engineering (Odisha School of Mining Engineering), Keonjhar, India.
• Higher secondary school with 77.4 % from Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, Khordha.
• Secondary school with 86.2% from Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, Khordha. Area of Interest
Mineral Processing Engineering, Study on new reagent regimes for froth flotation, Reagent- minerals surface interaction study, Fine particle processing, Process evaluation and optimization.
• “Best Poster Award” in KHANIJ - 2017, on at IIT(ISM), Dhanbad.
• “Indian Institute of Mineral Engineers – Best Poster Award” in International Conference on Mineral Processing Technology, 2018. Ph.D Publications
International Journal Papers:
1. Satyananda Patra, Abhyarthana Pattanaik, A.S. Venkatesh, Rayasam Venugopal
“Mineralogical and Chemical Characterization of Low grade Iron ore fines from Barsua Area, Eastern India with Implications on Beneficiation and Waste utilization”, Journal of Geological Society of India, Springer. (SCI indexed) 2. Abhyarthana Pattanaik and Rayasam Venugopal
“Investigation of Adsorption mechanism of Reagents (Surfactants) System and its applicability in Iron ore flotation - An Overview”, Colloids and Interface Science Communications, Elsevier. (SCI indexed)
3. Satyananda Patra, Abhyarthana Pattanaik and Rayasam Venugopal
“Characterization of Low-grade Barsua Iron ore Fines and Identification of Possible Beneficiation Strategies”, Canadian Metallurgical Quarterly, Taylor and Francis.
4. Abhyarthana Pattanaik and Rayasam Venugopal
“Analysis of Reverse Cationic Iron Ore Fines Flotation using RSM-D-Optimal Design
– An Approach towards sustainability”, Advanced Powder Technology, Elsevier.
5. Silpa Sweta Jena, Abhyarthana Pattanaik and Rayasam Venugopal
“Statistical Analysis of Species Interaction and Optimization of the Copper flotation Process”, Journal of Mines, Metals and Fuels. (Scopus indexed) International Conference Papers:
1. Abhyarthana Pattanaik, Diptimayee Nanda, Rayasam Venugopal
“Effects of Reagents and Kinetic studies on Flotation Performance of Dugda Coal” at International seminar on Mineral processing Technology, 2016, Pune. 2. Abhyarthana Pattanaik, Rayasam Venugopal
“Preliminary studies on Reverse flotation of Iron ore fines” at International seminar on Mineral processing technology, 2017, Mahabalipuram, Chennai. 3. Abhyarthana Pattanaik, Rayasam Venugopal
“Studies on Surface Chemistry and Reagent adsorption in Iron ore flotation” at 8 th
International Colloids Conference, 2018, Shanghai, China. 4. Abhyarthana Pattanaik, Rayasam Venugopal
“Recovering Iron values from low-grade iron fines and its Statistical Optimization” at International seminar on Mineral processing Technology, 2018, IIT(ISM), Dhanbad.
5. Abhyarthana Pattanaik, Rayasam Venugopal
“Application of Chemistry for the advancement of Froth-flotation process: An Overview and Visionary Approach” at 2
Edition of EuroSciCon Conference on Chemistry
2019, Prague, Czech Republic.
National Conference Papers
1. Abhyarthana Pattanaik, Rayasam Venugopal
“Reverse flotation studies of low grade Iron ore fines through Statistical Approach” at Khanij, 2017, IIT(ISM), Dhanbad.
2. Abhyarthana Pattanaik, Rayasam Venugopal
“Beneficiation of iron ore fines by Reverse Flotation Route” at NMD-ATM, 2017, Goa. 3. Abhyarthana Pattanaik, Rayasam Venugopal
“Recovering Iron Values from low-grade Iron Ore fines using Direct Anionic Flotation roué” at NMD-ATM, 2018, Kolkata.
4. Abhyarthana Pattanaik, Rayasam Venugopal
”Effect of Physico-chemical and Mineralogical Characteristics on Iron ore Flotation” at International seminar on Mineral processing Technology, 2018, IIT(ISM), Dhanbad.
5. Abhyarthana Pattanaik, Rayasam Venugopal
“Value upgradation of Iron ore Fines by Direct Anionic Flotation Route” at National Seminar on Coal and Mineral Processing Technology, 2019, GCE, Keonjhar. Book Chapter:
1.Abhyarthana Pattanaik, Rayasam Venugopal
“Role of Surfactants for the advancement of Mineral Engineering” in the Book title
“Surfactants and Detergents”, Intechopen publisher. Editorial Board Member
1. Colloid and Surface Science(CSS);Science Publishing Group, ISSN: 2578-9120
(Print), ISSN: 2578-9236
2. SCIREA Journal of Chemistry, Science Research Association Professional Membership
Member of “Indian Institute of Mineral Engineers”, Mineralogical Society of India. Skills and Competences
Good communication and Oratory Skills
Flair for technical writing
Versatile personality can work individually as well as in team
Passionate admirer of Technology
Self motivated person who religiously believes in hard and smart work
Thinking through first principles, micromanaging, goal oriented, future focused, critical thinking, resiliency, leadership, creativity, time management Technical Skills:
Good knowledge on Mineral Process Engineering, Ore beneficiation, quality upgradation of minerals, plant operations, mechanical operations, quality control
(Research and Development).
Good knowledge of statistical analysis, design of experiments, process optimization of the beneficiation process.
Focused and hard working, self motivated and team oriented effective team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Applied experience in MODSIM and Design of experiments
Excellent knowledge on Process Comminution, Classification and Beneficiation equipments, Tailing treatment and water recovery
Adaptive, quick learner and energetic with business understanding and capable of implementing modern techniques and management tools basically focused on upgradation of low grade fines
A systematic, organized and hardworking individual with an analytical bent of mind determined to be a part of a growth-oriented organization
Other skills are Process optimization, project management, Process engineering, Mineral processing, Statistical and optimization, software knowledge, management, team work, leadership etc
Hands on Proficiency:
Mineral beneficiation equipments at laboratory scale. Training and Plant visits
Practical Training at RINL, Vishakapatnam (Vizag Steel Plant) (15 days)
Practical Training at Indian Rare Earths Limited (IREL), Chatrapur (1 month)
Global Coal &Mining Pvt. Ltd., Talcher (1 day visit)
TATA Coal Washery, Jamadoba (1 day visit)
TATA Steel, Chromite Plant (TESCO), Sukinda (3 days visit)
Malanjkhand Copper project, Hindustan Copper limited (3 days visit)
National Metallurgical laboratory (NML), Jamshedpur (15 days) (Ph.D. work) Projects Assisted (M.Techs/B.Techs)
• Flotation of low grade iron ore fines by Reverse flotation route.
• Flotation of low grade iron ore fines by Direct flotation route.
• Flotation of low grade iron ore fines using mixed collector at different proportions.
• Flotation of low grade iron ore fines using mixed depressants at different proportions
• Flotation of low grade copper fines
• Flotation of coal
• Beneficiation of low grade iron fines by Mozely mineral concentrator, multigravity separator, spiral concentrator, high and low gradient magnetic separator, Wilfley table and other beneficiation processes to meet the industrial quality iron grade Academic activities
Laboratory practical classes for M.Tech (Analytical techniques in Mineral Processing, Mineral and Coal beneficiation)
Laboratory practical classes for B.Tech (Mineral Processing / Engineering) Computational Skills
Programming Languages : C, C++, Microsoft office
Operating systems : Windows XP, 7, 8, 10
Software : Design Expert, MINITAB, MATLAB, Artificial Neural Network (ANN) Languages Known
English, Hindi, Odiya
Learning and working on new software, listening music, playing badminton, reading books
Extra Curricular Activities
Secured positions in inter school essay writing competition, inter school debate competition and selected to regional level, Inter house quiz competition at cluster level cultural/Art/Literary meet, Inter school math project competition, Odiya and English poem recitation.
Declaration: I hereby declare that all the details furnished above are true to the best of my knowledge and belief and I promise to abide all the norms laid by your esteemed organization. Abhyarthana Pattanaik