Mobile: 347-***-**** I Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Obtain a position in Quality Assurance Engineering as a seasoned, result oriented, well determined Automated Test Engineer and contribute with my technical expertise to contribute to the future growth and success of the organization as well as my career. I have extensive experience in developing test plans, test cases, and test scripts for manual and automation testing. I have earned reputation in meeting deadlines when required, conforming to specific requirements and adhering to established plans. Highly motivated Information Technology Professional with over five years of proven and diversified experience on quality assurance and software testing for various industries with web applications and client server. Core Skills: Selenium Webdriver, Behavior Driven Development (BDD), Cucumber, Gherkin, Page Object Model MVC-Based Framework, Data Driven Testing Framework, Restful Web Service Testing, API Testing, Appium Mobile, Agile Methodology, Jira, HP ALM
JAVA, OOP Practices
Strength: Six plus years of extensive diversified experience in planning, developing manual and automated testing for various projects as an IT professional and extensive knowledge on system and significant exposure to structured object oriented language and database in various industries. Well versed with QA Methodology, Study business requirement, writing Test Plan and Test cases, Executing test cases, debugging, declare defects and follow-up with developer. Implemented Test Automation for a very high quality standards and produced best quality product. Work well under pressure on multiple projects to successfully deliver well-tested application software releases on time using both manual and automated testing methodologies. Worked with application developers, project managers and production support to develop manual and automated test cases that validate new and improved functionality. Professional testing experience with special emphasis on:
● Solid understanding of Software Development Life Cycle including Agile
● Solid experience with Behavior Driven Development with Cucumber JVM to implement Test Driven Development (TDD).
● Solid experience with Gherkin Language to develop Behavior Driven Testing.
● Solid experience with Page Object Model and Data Driven framework implementation.
● Excellent writing, verbal and interpersonal skill set with a self-starting attitude, team player, and flexible. A fast learner and high degree of creativity and initiative is expected.
● Good at prioritizing along critical path and meeting project milestones and deliverable dates.
● Strong experience with Agile test methodology and Agile Development process.
● Experience in analyzing the requirements from User Stories and Use Cases to develop test cases and test scenarios.
● Experience in preparation of Test plan, Test Scenarios, Test Cases, Test Scripts and Test Matrix.
● Proficient in Black Box and Gray Box testing.
● Expertise in QA Methodologies, Integration Testing, System Testing,Regression Testing,End-to-End Testing,and User Acceptance testing.
● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
● Well versed with business workflow modeling based on requirements, test plans, and Creation and Maintenance of Traceability Matrix.
● Worked in executing test cases across various mobile platforms using appium.
● Collaborated with business and development teams to define functional requirements and specifications that would lead to test plans.
● Extensive work experience using Change Control and Bug Tracking Tools like HP ALM and JIRA.
● Strong experience in automated functional testing, acceptance testing and system testing.
● Specialized in user requirement analysis, documenting test plans, execution of test cases to verify application functionality against business requirements, by using Selenium WebDriver for regression test cases.
● Strong experience with SOA architecture, which include RestFul Web Service Testing TECHNICAL SKILLS:
Testing Tools:Selenium WebDriver,Cucumber JVM, Asgard Framework, Appium
Test Execution:TestNG, Junit
Test Management:HP Quality Center
Defect Management:JIRA, HP Quality Center
Requirement Management:HP Quality Center
Web Service:Postman, Rest Assured framework, SoapUI
Programming Languages:Java, HTML, XML, JSON
Database/Database tools:SQL Server, MySQL, Microsoft Excel
Application:Microsoft Office Application, VMware, SQL Server, Toad, Jenkins for CI/CD
Operating Systems:Windows 10, Windows 8, Mac OS X, Linux, DOS, Windows XP 2
July 2016 - Present
Automation Test Engineer
Hedgeserv Corporation, NY
HedgeServ is led by the most experienced management team in fund administration. Hedgeserv has been the definitive industry model of daily accounting, daily or weekly estimated NAVs, and integrated risk analytics. One of the major functionalities of the Reconciliation is to provide information on client’s trades with our accounting system and their respective brokers. Led integration of Entitlements iniatitive (user authorization) for entire development/quality assurance team with current HedgeServ processes.
Responsibilities & Accomplishments:
● Followed Agile process with diverse teams testing and delivering features and functionality for Reconciliation project (Both legacy and strategy systems), Hedgeserv’s Entitlements Project, and the LightLamp Initiative.
● For our legacy reconciliation system, RC1, implemented test cases in excel with a custom in-built automation framework called Asgard. (Keyword-Driven Framework) Worked with developers to use custom fixtures as test steps for our test cases as per business needs.
● Our new web-based app called RC2, moved away from desktop annotation. Employed robust MVC Pattern based framework with Selenium Page Object for test cases.
● Interfaced with business users to gain insight on better practices for our application. Participated in development meetings to ascribe business team’s direction for software development.
● Used Jira for daily standup to keep track of the latest development stories, bug/enhancements, and testing efforts.
● Responsible for ensuring the conceptual integrity of the system, ensuring that the product and product architecture meet or exceed the technical requirements.
● Worked on QA environment/tools which included installation, setup, configuration and general maintenance
● Worked closely with QA manager on maintaining Recon Stack on company’s QA Console. QA Console is an overnight regression suite for our test cases which posted daily html results based on the latest trunk or branch builds.
● Used many virtual environments to conduct testing and defect investigation. Used application’s logs found in VM to diagnose the variety issues that comes in maintaining Hedgeserv’s Application and QA environments .
● Used SQL Server to manage software enhancements via feature flags. Was able to reproduce many defect scenarios and development team’s code changes by manipulating the VM’s environment status.
● Joined Entitlements (permissions categorization) development team. Development team created an API database containing all the components/groups/users/roles found in all of HedgeServ’s software.
● Worked with stakeholders to define risks and dependencies for Entitlement’s project. This required overseeing entire development/QA staff to define scope of API coverage of users that reflect proper access for application.
● Created proper specifications/test plans to highlight known risks/dependencies/metrics to upper management. Worked with each dev team 3
January 2014- May 2016
Quality Assurance Analyst
to define said API coverages. Created live accountability via confluence and worked with QA team to define test cases for regression purposes.
● Used rest-based testing framework to provide robust and scalable backend web service testing. Used Jenkins as well to maintain QA VM’s with Entitlement enhancement.
● Implemented Behavioral Driven Development Testing with Cucumber JVM and Selenium WebDriver Model for HedgeServ’s Entitlement UI that allowed clients customize permissions for the various users they have.
● Progressive Front-End Testing for API routes were validated using Postman, while regression test cases for those API routes were developed using BDD and the rest-assured framework.
● Such practice allowed development teams to reiterate basic scenarios using Gherkin language for the Entitlement’s UI. Therefor they can validate authorization of users using our already created script bases in which they used in their respective test cases.
● Participated in the LightLamp initiative, a new in-house built calc engine for HedgesServ. Required to refactor all test cases for all Recon team.
● Maintained 4 QA farms in QA Console Overnight Regression Suite- each one representing different configurations for our Recon Stack. The farms are Normal Trunk, Branch, Entitlements and LightLamp initiatives.
● Participated with the other U.S. automation engineers in monitoring QA Nightly Farm Regression Suite. This included in supervising the different scripts that were responsible for behaving correctly in the nightly regression suite and taking the proper actions/alerting right development teams to ensure all jobs in the Regression Suite were processed successfully in our Cisco Tidal Application before next business day.
Windows Dos, Eclipse, Cucumber JVM, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, SOA, HTML, SQL Server, Postman, Tomcat, Cisco Tidal
Barnes and Noble, NY
Barnes and Noble College Booksellers needed an online retail management system for their growing network of 600 university bookstores. My role as a backend tester included validating the api responses for the promotions team and the product review team. Responsibilities:
● Reviewed business requirements and technical specification documents and analyzed use cases, functional requirements for preparing detailed test plans and test cases
● Involved in testing application on different mobile platforms such as iOS and android devices using appium tool for automation.
● Ran compatibility testing (cross windows/mac and android ios/platforms, cross browsers, cross mobiles devices – phones, tablets, iPads etc. 4
● Communicated with the SME’s (Subject Matter Expert) to fully understand the application.
● Performed backend testing of Barnes and Nobles databases using SQL queries.
● Test Coverage was performed by matching high level requirements with appropriate test cases; Defects Coverage was performed by matching defects to their respective test cases.
● Developed Test Plan with team and created test cases to cover overall functionality of the application.
● Worked with test leads to estimate test case build and execution effort (initial pass rate assumptions, defect blocking assumptions).
● Work with team and supervisor to develop test plan scope, coverage and objectives.
● Provided input on standard of test metrics and reporting while simultaneously suggesting improvements to testing methodology.
● Developed input and monitoring of User Acceptance testing.
● Categorized bugs based on severity, interfaced with developers for cause, and attended defect triage meetings to review project’s defects and totality of their effects.
● Conducted different type of testing such as System Testing, System Integration Testing, Functional Testing and Regression Testing.
● Used HP ALM to track and manage test cases throughout the test cycle and review test case coverage with developers & BA for new functionality each sprint
● Used HP ALM to Track, Report, and Manage defects throughout the test cycle and attended Defect Status Meetings during testing cycle.
● Used Selenium Webdriver to locate web application’s objects through Html properties. Contributed to the functional testing for product reviews.
● Conducted with other teams to control unforeseeable contingencies during scheduling.
● Involved in Web Services Testing using SOAP UI
● Possess understanding of WSDL, XSD, XML documents for Web Services Testing.
● Developed Test Cases using WSDL, Schema files which defines Web Service Request, Response, methods/operations, End Point of web service to be tested
● Performed End-to-End testing manually.
● Performed manual testing of web-based and client-server enterprise applications.
● Primary liaison between Test Team and Project Managers
● Participated in daily scrum meetings as well as bi-weekly sprint turnover and sprint planning meetings
Environment: Java/J2EE, HP ALM 11.0, SoapUI 4.0, Appium, SQL Oracle, MySQL database, Eclipse, Selenium Webdriver 2.0, Windows 7 Edition 5
Oct 2012-Dec 2013
Quality Assurance Analyst
Hewlett Packard Inc, El Paso Texas
Hewlett-Packard Enterprises unique Medicaid claims processing system, also known as AME Core MMIS, is a multi-faceted system that allows providers, Medicaid recipients and government agencies to interact and exchange data through this application. HPE develops customized versions of the AME Core MMIS software for each particular state. My state was Kansas where I oversaw the testing of Medicaid Buy-in member formation, data transaction with 3rd party government agencies, and report generation with appropriate validation as per requirement needs.
● Reviewed Business Requirement Document, Requirement Specification Document, Functional Design Document and other technical specifications to create use cases to help develop understanding of application flow to testing team.
● Interfaced in client meetings of Kansas Department of Health and Environment with Business Analyst to understand and assist on understanding the business needs of the state.
● Worked with project manager and technical architect to help compile "Change Orders" of the system. Change orders are the customized solutions requested by Kansas State to be added on their version of the AME Core MMIS system.
● Worked with database team and Dev team to understand how system localized data transactions after communicating with 3rd party databases with institutions such as Social Security Administration (SSA), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), and Division of Health Information Technology
● Created detailed test scenarios of Buy-In subsystem of AME Core MMIS and interfaced with Dev Team and Lead Architect to cover on how system carried out Medicaid user information and interface with 3rd party agencies.
● Created detailed test cases and worked with Test Manager in developing proper requirement coverage of state project.
● Performed Functional Testing of the Kansas version of system. Features such as Panels, External Interfaces and Reports associated with Buy-In subsystem were heavily tested.
● Transitioned to Regression testing when testing the modifications the monthly Change Orders brought into the MMIS system.
● Performed Integration testing when testing the data patterns of Kansas MMIS 6
system with 3rd party agencies
● Performed End-to-End testing of the Buy-in subsystem when testing the pathway of user interaction, file and extract creation, and report generation.
● Scheduled Test Execution would occur in Test Lab section of ALM for Buy-In subsystem.
● Created test data and executed test cases. All reported defects were recorded in ALM and interfaced with development team to find validity of defects.
● For majority of test cases, both positive and negative testing with proper boundary value analysis occurred for each particular test scenario.
● Used Oracle's SQL Developer to carry out backend testing. Developed SQL queries to validate information from the backend of the database to the frontend of the application.
● Used ALM dashboard to create reports using various test matrixes to help upper management determine the pace of test case development.
● Participated in weekly defect triage meetings to understand the extent of defects, their impact on current coverage rates, and resolutions needed to pass them.
Environment: C, HP ALM 11.0, SQL Oracle Developer Plus, Windows 7 Edition, STP file transfer, Smart Client Architecture, OnDemand File Report
Bachelor of Science- Interdisciplinary Biology, Stony brook university REFERENCES Available upon request