waseem Abu Shakra
Date of birth Jun 16 1975
Place of birth Amman Jordan
Marital status Married
A challenging career in a company that can fully utilize my skills and promotes professional growth.
Jan.2007-Till now Bemco & Almabani Engineering & Contracting (Unicorp)
- Procurement Manager since May 2012
- Senior Procurement Engineer (2007-2012)
for the following MEP projects:
1) New Doha International Airport Project. Doha, Qatar
Bemco scope is $ 1.30 Billion for Central Utility and power Plant,
Cooling district plant, 66 kv/11 kv Electrical Substations, Pumping
stations,Waste Water Treatment Plant, Fire fighting pumps and
system, telecommunication and scada system, All piping types
and cabling (11 kv &66 kv)
2) West Bay District Cooling Plant 2. Doha, Qatar
Bemco Scope $70 Million
3) Bahrain Bay District Cooling Plant. Manama, Bahrain
Bemco scope $ 120 Million
4) Central Cooling Plant for Qatar Educational City (Qatar
Foundation). Bemco scope $ 82 Million
5)Road Infrastucture MEP for Dukhan Road (under construction). Doha, Qatar.Bemco scope: $ 1.10 Billion
1) Responsible for purchase activities within the company, and overseas suppliers (request for quotation, negotiations, bid evaluation, Contracts and Purchase orders issuance)
2) Monitor and control compliance of Contracts execution for the supply of materials and services with vendors ensuring optimum price, quality, Incoterms and delivery schedule as per agreed contractual terms)
3) Updating Material tracking report and coordination with project planning & engineering Dept until materials and equipments procured
4) Managing import/Export Control Issues, shipping documents, and customs clearance procedures and negotiating freight rates to economically transport (Air/Marine/Road) materials and equipment from waehuse to warehouses (Expediting)
5) Handling payment securing terms like letters of credit, bank guarantees, LC amendments,Releasing shipping documents from bank and ensure timely payment for suppliers (Finance trade)
6) Responsible for warranty validity/warranty claims and Factory Acceptance Test arrangement (FAT) with supplier attended by third party inspector and clint representative
Jun.2004- Dec.2006 Qatar Plastic Additives Co. QADDCO
• Responsible for all procurement activites to ensure that all purchasing and services procure in a systematic manner in accordance to requirements of the company such as raw material, spare parts and all services locally and abroad.
• Prepairing quotations, orders, letter of credits and suppliers negotiations.
• Good exposure to import / Export issues.
• Good commercial and logistical skills.
Aug.2002- May.2004 Generation Chemicals Est.
• Responsible to build new business by identifying opportunities, prospects
and evaluating needs for clients in Jordan and Iraq in the field of paint industry.
• International agencies negotiations of global companies in USA,Europe & India including prepairing quotations,placing orders and scheduling deliveries.
B.Sc in chemical Engineering 1999
Jordan University of Science and Technology Irbid,Jordan
Affiliation Regular member of Jordan Engineers Association in the Chemical
Languages Arabic Native
English Good command in spoken and written English
Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Internet
Holding a valid Qatari & Jordanian driving license.
Feasability studies and evaluation course at ETC
Total quality management course (TQM) at ETC
References will be furnished upon request.