Address: ** ******* ******, ******, *** Jersey 08830
Mobile: +1-617-***-**** Email: firstname.lastname@example.org D.O.B: 6 th
Aspiring counselor, advocate for disability accommodations and mental health awareness. Aim to therapeutically combine fine arts with therapy, to facilitate holistic development. Education
1. Johns Hopkins University, School of Education Baltimore, MD Master’s of Science in Counseling Class of 2019
2. Kornash Institute of Lifestyle Management Kolkata, WB Diploma in Counseling Psychology Class of 2017
3. Mount Carmel College, Bengaluru University Bengaluru, KA Bachelor of Arts (Triple major in Psych, Eng. & Journalism) Class of 2016 Practicum & Internship
1. City Springs Elementary & Middle School, Baltimore Aug ’18 - Dec ‘18 Supervisor: Ms. Krista Wible
Individual session addressing social, emotional & behavioral needs that hamper learning. Group counseling about High School choice, conflict resolution, grief counseling. 2. Forest Park High School, Baltimore Jan ’19 – May ‘19 Supervisor: Mrs. Ebony Meyers-White
De-escalation, Socio-Emotional and Behavioral Interventions, Grief Counseling, Time Management. College and Career Readiness Counseling, Scholarship preparedness such as FAFSA, MDCAP, MSP & Last Dollar Grant. Post inequity research & data analysis, performed School Attendance and Connectedness Survey to gather qualitative & quantitative data to lead psychoeducational group therap. Lead attendance groups with 8 sophomore students with a goal to increase attendance by 5% from 60% to 65% in the 2019-2020 academic calendar. Work Experience
1. Head Graduate Assistant Student Disability Services 2018 - 2019 Senior Counselor Time & Stress Management for students at Johns Hopkins University. Duties included: Testing, Accommodation Advocacy, Notetaking, Alternative Formats Textbooks, met students for individual sessions discussing anxiety, coping mechanisms, stress management.
2. Independent research May 2014
• Measured the Sense of Respect & Responsibility on high school students.
• A 5pt rating scale survey to study the factors attributing respect and assuming responsibility in children.
3. The Book Club 2016-2017
• Entrepreneurial venture - The Book Club for middle school children
• Designed to enhance the Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing (LSRW) skills of children (4-8)
4. Ek Prayaas Educational Society 2014-2017
• Story & Poetry for Pre-K & 2
• Professional Development for Teachers to analyze students with Learning Disabilities and ways to catch it in real time classroom settings 5. Sanskaar Children’s Meditation, Temple of Inner Wisdom 2016-2017
• Conducted psychoeducational play therapy groups (120 mins) for children elementary school children
• Mindfulness growth through meditative interventions. 6. Field Experience
• High School Counseling intern in Umeed India
• Trained in the techniques of Theatre of the Oppressed, Augusto Boal.
• Monthly Columnist & Guest Blogger for Soapbox
• Chief Editorial Board for Psych-Ed, annual newsletter in undergraduate college. Community Service
• Vocational development for admits of Old Age homes
• Social Science & English classes for middle schoolers in Ek Prayaas. (A Non-Profit Organization imparting education to underprivileged children of Kolkata.)
• U&I Student Teacher - Aug’13 – March’14. (An NGO in Bengaluru offering tuitions to unprivileged students with learning disabilities for extra aid in studies) Certificates & License & Awards
1) Chi Sigma Iota, Lambda Chapter 2019
2) American School Counseling Association Insurance 2019 – 2020 3) Certified CPR / AED / First Aid – Adult, Child & Infant 2019 4) Counselor Preparation Comprehensive Examination 2019 5) Active Shooter Training 2019
6) Title IX and Harassment Prevention Training 2017 7) Managing Relationships for Youth, Nimhans 2015
(Nimhans: National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences, Bangalore) Language skills
1) English 2) Hindi 3) Bengali 4) French