Cesar Ballesteros Ignacio Jr.
• Knowledge of service and application delivery, as well as successful service level agreement accomplishments.
• Excellent knowledge of current protocols and standards, including Active Directory, Group Policies, MS Exchange, Virtualization, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery.
• Experience in interpreting the applicability of local and federal laws/regulations (including data privacy practices and laws) to company operations
• Hands-on experience troubleshooting hardware such as laptops, desktops, printers, servers, routers, bridges, switches, hubs, modems, network interface cards, and so on.
• Knowledge and understanding of system flow charts, data processing concepts, and telecommunications principles
• Experience installing network cabling and telephony systems.
• Operating System – Windows. MAC, IOS, Android, Linux Work Experienced
• Masinloc Power Partners Co. Ltd. (November 2009 – Present) Network and Infrastructure Supervisor
• Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to make certain network capacity meets existing and future requirements.
• Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network resource administration and appropriate use.
• Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory, life cycle management and related documentation.
• Plan, acquire, and coordinate installation of in-house and remote hardware and software across the organization’s network.
• Conduct research and make recommendations on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
• Prepare RFPs, scope of work reports, and other documentation for IT projects and associated efforts.
• Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
• Negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
• Assess, approve, and administer all equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
• Manage and ensure effectiveness of servers, including e-mail, print, and backup servers, and their associated operating systems and software. Responsible for on-site and off-site data centers
• Manage and ensure optimal operation of all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, UPSs, and so on.
• Manage and ensure effectiveness of security solutions, including firewalls, anti-virus solutions, and intrusion detection systems.
• Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, decision-makers, stakeholders, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent network activities.
• Manage operational costs; conduct near- and long-term financial forecasts for expanded functionality/user base.
• Test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining network infrastructure.
• Test server performance and provide network performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining server infrastructure.
• Oversee the administration of user accounts, permissions, and access rights in AD.
• Direct and administrate a contingent of network analysts and technicians, and where necessary, conduct performance reviews and corrective action.
• Manage Plant System (OSISoft PI System, Etapro, TKPro, Wonderware)
• Chicago Bridge and Iron Company (July 2008-June 2009) NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR
Pearl GTL Project
• Support, Installation and maintenance of IT infrastructure – LAN, WAN, Telecom systems, Internet (Wireless Networks, Network printers, Dell & Compaq Servers, desktops and laptops, Windows NT and Windows Server 2003, Active Directory Account Administration)
• Desktop, Laptop, Server, PDA Printer configuration, support and training.
• Data Security & Integrity / Antivirus solution (Symantec Client Security, Client Firewall, Client VPN). Information Back-up and retrieval (VERITAS)
• Set up and support of remote project offices on jobsites both local and abroad.
• Administration, support and application development for company’s Lotus Notes system (email and DB Applications)
• JGC Middle East(October 2006-October 2007)
CMS Data Processor
Dolphin Onshore Facilities Project
• Assists the Test Package Coordinator in reviewing the test packages submitted by the subcontractor to ensure that are in accordance with project specification requirements.
• Check the PI & D, isometric drawing, welding record, NDE, calibration certificate of pressure gauge & other requirements prior to carry out the test. Monitor the daily tested line, punch list item, update on the database
& resolved all the issues and obtain the final acceptance of the client.
• Prepare transmittals for documents and transmits to the Client.
• Ensure adequate receipt and distribution of Sub-Contractor Test Packages.
• Coordinates status of Test Packages to the supervisors.
• Responsible for establishing and proceeding with print, receipt, registration, copy, distribution, filing of all technical documents for Test Package.
• Download new electronic file thru EDMS (Electronic Document Management System) of new released drawings and documents for printing, distribution and filing.
• Maintenance of paper and electronic filing systems.
• Data Processing with CMS (Construction Management System) e.g. Joint Locking, Modification
(Add/Delete) of joints.
• Prepare the Daily, Weekly Report for Test Package Status.
• In Charge of Cleaning Packages Documents (Update/Monitor and issue Cleaning Package to Site Supervisor).
• WISTRON INFOCOMM (PHILS) - November 1999 to October 2006 INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY ENGINEER
Department: MP0L00 (ERP-Enterprise Resource Planning Section) Responsibilities
• Administer and Analyze Database server for CMS (customer management system), PPS (picking packing system), OTS (order tracking system)
• Install software needed by user (Delphi, Oracle, PC Anywhere, VNC)
• Troubleshoot problems (hardware/software) encountered by user
• Request modification of the database base on user requirements
• Train new user about the system (CM/PPS/OTS)
• Installation of Windows NT/Windows 2000 Advance Server for back-up
• Assist new users for the SAP Implementation
• SHOEMART INC
Point of Sale Technician – Stores Terminal Services Section April 1997 – November 1999
• Resolve day-to-day software and hardware faults and issues in Point Of Sale (POS) systems.
• Provide support to the Technical Supervisor for cabling and installation of system terminal networks.
• Connect and program ECR-POS (Electronic Cash Register/Point of Sale) to PC/BRC (Personal Computer/Back Room Computer) and maintain network integrity.
• Monitor, troubleshoot and repair independent and integrated system terminals including External Memory File reconfiguration and recovery.
• Reprogram promotional adjustments to prices in EDP system. Execute program revision on POS network.
• Verify quality assurance to network through sales report analysis and technical reports on all network installations and related work activities to ensure compliance to standards.
• Train new users of POS retail system terminals.
College: Adamson University
Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
Latest Training and Seminars Attended:
• CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate
• ITIL 4 (Information Technology Infrastructure Library)