Jarema N. Kraus (Doc)
ATTN Human Resource or Hiring Manager:
Have you been looking for a results-oriented, effective team leader with a proven ability to proactively identify and solve problems? Do you need someone who can implement cutting-edge technology, foster a positive team environment, and significantly contribute to the overall success of your company?
If so, here is what I can bring to the table:
Team Management: I am an experienced and effective leader with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels, create and align a heterogeneous team to project goals, appropriately allocate resources, and delegate responsibilities, in order to maximize productivity and increase morale, while developing the next generation of project leaders.
These experiences and expertise include working in a union environment, as well as in a dozen countries overseas. Languages spoken include:
As well as a smattering of others.
Innovation: I have a demonstrated ability to implement technological advances in order to maximize ease-of-operability, maintainability, efficiency, and increase profitability via inventory-cost, capital and schedule-time savings; including lab-and pilot-scale innovations.
Customer Service: I have the skills necessary to recognize both the internal and external customer and the need to constantly exceed their expectations.
Business Acumen: I am a high-energy decision maker with a strong work ethic and a successful record of capital and expense management, scheduling and planning, and increased profits.
Professional Management: I have a proven ability to work independently or as part of a team and an extensive history of taking on increased responsibilities as the senior member of an operational team. I have extensive technical training and experience in all aspects of engineering design and construction, process project management, PSM, and procurement. I have additional experience in technical transfer, pilot operations, and in production operations support, including creation of production-level documents.
Jarema N. Kraus (Doc)
JAREMA N. KRAUS (DOC)
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
Dynamic team-builder in creating profitable capacity for new and existing products, while resolving complex technical and organizational challenges in batch and continuous processes. Achieves facile operability and maintainability with optimal balance of inventory cost with return on capital investment, through results-oriented management, best use of internal and external resources, and closest attention to customer satisfaction and stakeholder needs.
Areas of Expertise
Providing Technological Expertise, equipment application, and problem-solving ability to enable the construction of manufacturing facilities which are easy to maintain and are easy to operate by skilled operators with a minimum of engineering oversight. My greatest satisfaction results from bringing in a plant below-capital and on-time, AND with reduced inventory cost. Leader in coordinating harmonious internal detail design and project teams, PSM, engineering and construction contractors, funding management, and local plant ops and maintenance teams in alignment with and implementation of project goals.
IMTT Pipeline & Liquid Terminals, NJ 2017-current
Project & Process Manager – SME piping, pipeline, surge, rotating equipment, HazAn in Stage-Gate storage & new pipeline projects nationwide, all involving Regulatory Compliance. Reliability Engineering of Pumps, Blowers, vapor-capture & vapor-destruction devices, agitators. Managing multiple simultaneous projects on-time and on-budget with Contractors and sub-Contractors on projects $ 50K thru $ 2MM, and planning projects to $ 100MM.
Allied (for Infineum: fmr. ExxonMobil Shell Chemical), NJ 2017
Process/Project Manager – Using extensive Regulatory Compliance, Chemical, and Engineering background to provide innovative solutions in hazardous-materials chemical manufacture, including surpassing all norms in timely Schedule and thrifty and effective Budget considerations. Mentor via Stage-Gate Process other Process Engineers in all aspects of manufacturing support for formulation, reaction, and blending of fuel, oil, and lubricant chemicals. SAP PHA HAZOP. Managing multiple simultaneous synthesis, flare, truck rack, rail, barge, and production facilities improvements each totaling $25MM across dozens of projects, on-time and on-budget. Projects employed multiple Contractors and sub-Contractors. Contract successfully concluded.
Kinder Morgan Liquid Terminals, NJ 2013-2017
Project Manager – Utilizing EHSS background, responsible for all aspects process & project Stage-Gate manufacturing scheduling, budget, and contract engineering for petrochem and other hazardous storage & processing, pipelines, and environmental implementation at 6 NE Region sites, all involving Regulatory Compliance. Includes Regional equipment design responsibilities and Stoner Surge software study. Reliability Engineering of Pumps, Blowers, PSVs. PHA. HAZAN. HAZOP. . Managing multiple simultaneous projects on-time and on-budget with Contractors and sub-Contractors on projects $ 20K thru $ 2MM.
FCMG / NY Terminals / WAS Terminals / IFI, NJ 2009-2013
EHSS Manager, FSO, QI, PIC and Principal Process Engineer - All-around process manufacturing support and managing EHSS for distillation, and reactions, including antifreeze, biofuels, biodiesel, other chemicals, managing truck rack, rail, barge, and production facilities improvements totaling $2.5MM across a dozen projects, including yield recovery, pilot processing, toll Tech Transfer, shift supervision of 2 Engineers and 2 designers, with construction/maintenance crew, small-scale projects, writing production-level and Federal and NJ Permits documents, operating Kf and Gas Chromatograph, and Blue Seal Boiler License and operation, HAZMAT License. HAZOP. PHA.
Troy Chemical – Newark, NJ 2005-2009
Site Senior Process Engineer – All-around process manufacturing savings for antimicrobials, powder coatings, paint additives, and specialty chemicals. Saved over $687,000/year in labor-saving solids-handling innovations, $500,000/year in fractionation recovery/waste avoidance/energy savings, pilot processing, also saved $50,000/year in recovered raw materials, toll Tech Transfer, PSM, shift supervision in union environment of 1 Engineer and 5 operators, small-scale <$500,000 projects on-cost and on-schedule, writing production-level documents, and Blue Seal Boiler License. Includes spray-drying polymers, OSHA HAZWOPER Hazan HAZOP PHA submittals, Regulatory Compliance.
AMGEN / Wyeth / Professional Services Group Consulting: Validation & CIP Commissioning 2004- 2005 Commissioning, IQ, OQ, PQ, and Validation; incl. Enbrel(R) process, including process improvement, debugging Delta-V system; Environmental; facilitate, train, and counsel professionals.
Lead Process Engineer Jacobs Engineering Conshohocken, PA 2002 to 2004
· Directed facilities and process improvements resulting in operational efficiencies, inventory cost reduction, and capital savings to Clients. One Scope revision reduced Capital by 32% via applied technology and operability
· Redirected a contentious Client relationship into harmonious repeat business
· Responsible for team deliverables and reduced barriers in coordination with all disciplines. Supervised 2 Engineers and 5 designers. Management of billable hours and schedule
Principal Process Engineer Lockwood Greene, Somerset, NJ 1996 to 2002
· Management of Engineering team developing cutting-edge technologies, providing operable new and retrofit capital projects for Chemical, Foods, cGMP API PharmaChem, and BioPharm Clients
· Managed projects TIC from $3.5MM to $35MM, on schedule and below budget. Supervision 3 Engineers and 5 designers; process simulations in Aspen.
· Introduced Nutche contained filter/dryer to multiple Clients. Also Vit E, BioTech.
· Created time-saving Engineering Guides for BioProcess and API Pharma designs, saving 15% of budgeted hours and rework
· Developed capital-sparing solids-handling methods
· Both presented and published technical articles for cGMP and toxic/active materials containment, vacuum systems, novel cold process chemistry, HAZOP, and pilot plant designs
Process Project Engineer Merck & Co., Rahway, NJ & Worldwide 1982 to 1996
· Developed cooperative directed-research for new cGMP API drug processes in advance of NDAs, resulting in significant increases in operability, capital and schedule reduction, reduced inventory cost. One raw material backwards-integration saved 67% on inventory cost. Granulation. Vitamins. Fermentation. BioTech.
· Managed 5-to-15% savings of budgeted capital-cost and 1 month schedule savings on retrofit projects. PSM and HAZOP, Supervision 2 Engineers and 5 designers.
· Discovered patent-pending use for enclosed, agitated Nutche filter, saving $3.2MM
· Managed implementation of capital projects worldwide, including HAZMAT, water-reactive, and highly potent and toxic materials. PHA.
Conducted contract spray-drying and synthesis of highly temperature-sensitive mycelia leading to the production of multi-billion dollar-per-year drugs Lovastatin and Simvastatin.
· Coordinated design and project teams, HAZOP, engineering and construction contractors, and plant ops and maintenance teams in harmonious project implementation, worldwide
Instituted first IQ, OQ, PQ programs
· Created and implemented new PSV & Safety Standards
· Developed numerous Engineers, many have grown to positions of leadership and authority
EDUCATION & AFFILIATIONS
Wayne State U, Detroit; BS, Chemical Engineering; some MSCHE credits at U of Michigan.
Adjunct Professor Stevens Institute Grad-Level Pharma-Chem Engineering
self-taught Six-Sigma for evaluation and troubleshooting
Speak 7 languages: French, Spanish, English, Polish, Russian, Ukrainian, German, others.
Published Author numerous Chemical Engineering & INTERPHEX Technical Articles.
Full Array of Merck & Co. Training Courses thru Manager Level
Blue Seal Boiler License
AIChE & ISPE & PDA & Black Belt TKD & USAF Aux CAP
BASF-Certified Safety and Environmental Training; HAZMAT License