Active DoD Clearance – DoD ID Number 147*******
Successful Senior Manager and Network Engineer with more than sixteen years of professional experience in the
areas of networking and multi-tier computer management. Background includes managing a full range of project
development from conception to closure, with specific emphasis on designing and supporting inter-networks using Microsoft and Cisco products. A proven track record highlighting and resolving issues in a diverse, technical
environment while coordinating team efforts for installations, upgrades, and problem resolution.
Effective interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills, culminate in the ability to manage and complete projects to the highest standard with resourceful diligence.
Services Desk Manager / QA Manager September 2013 to May 2019
• Provided first-level technical support for global IT infrastructure supporting employees throughout the U.S. and overseas. Manage a staff of six, troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software and connectivity issues for a mixed Linux, and Windows environment.
• Developed, improved, and implemented and managed the operational process disciplines with a culture of
accountability focused on customer satisfaction and quality of service.
• Assess department performance through various statistical and reporting methodologies. Develop processes to monitor trends based on customer calls, issues, queries and recommend ways to improve the quality of technical service as well as reducing repeat incidents.
• Responsible for establishing a sound Quality Management System (QMS) that is comprised of Quality
Assurance and Quality Control functions. Prepare, update and/or maintain Quality Management Plans (QMP).
• Develop QA surveillance metrics, monitor and collect data, and prepare the Quarterly QA Analysis Report, SLA Report and Quarterly Quality Assurance Report for review by the Program Manager, and other stake holders and customers. These reports shall focus on key metrics and indicators, based on critical SLA measures targeted for specific ITSM Process Areas.
• Conduct internal assessments and audits periodically submitting findings and reports to the management
pertaining to the degree of conformance with ITIL/ISO 20K Standards and best practices. Recommend areas for
improvements, identifying criticality and priorities.
• Perform Root Cause Analysis (RCA) to eliminate sources of quality problems so that customer's requirements
are continually met. Usage of quantitative methods or statistical analysis is essential. Assist the Program Manager in defining and planning resolution actions and follow-up analysis/measurements to determine success and additional adjustments.
• Prevention of quality problems through planned and systematic quality assurance/control techniques used to
achieve and maintain the product quality, process and service. Quality control activities include but are not limited to verification that deliverables are of acceptable quality and that they are complete and correct through inspections, deliverable peer reviews, process testing, auditing and documentation.
• Handle and resolve any and all quality issues working with program level leadership and stakeholders who will determine the criticality and priority.
• Collaborate with Technical Leads, Designers, Business users, Developers, Release managers, Team members
and various Support Groups to obtain required information for successful performance evaluation, release readiness and compliance with SLA.
Technical Project Manager May 2012 to July 2013
Export - Import Bank of the United States
• Provided overall Information Technology Infrastructure Operations and Management support for The Export-
Import Bank organization comprised of 500+ employees and contractors (including five regional offices),
centralized and virtualized server operations and maintenance, Continuity of Operations Planning support, office
automation hardware and software installation and maintenance, Help Desk support for internal and limited external users, IT limited specialized training, local area networks, wide area networks, telecommunications and telephone services; as well as IT security and system assurance operations.
• Enhanced collaboration between senior level business and technical resources to ensure strategy, planning, and delivery approach achieved desired end results for the program
• Provided detailed Statements of Work, design plans, and schedules to successfully relocate the Export-Import
Bank’s Data Center and customer offices consisting of 146 Servers and 526 workstations with minimal customer
• Developed, improved, and implemented operational process disciplines with a culture of accountability focused on customer satisfaction and quality of service.
Director of Information Technology November 2010 to April 2012
Gibbs & Cox
• Recruited by the chief operations officer to develop the company’s IT strategy and presence, and provide IT
support. Supervised a 10-member team, including network and telecom engineers, helpdesk staff, computer
operators, and developers. Negotiate contracts that range from $10,000 to $750,000. Interact with IT directors, chief operating officers, chief executive officers, company presidents, executives, and regional technology managers.
• Developed custom site request with 2-stage approval workflow and an automatic site provisioning application
featuring custom site templates, rules-based template selection, automatic enforcement of security and navigation policy, and automatic maintenance of farm-wide sites list used for governance.
• Lead Company into starting its ISO-9000 certification process by working in conjunction with several of the sites and home office government security officer as well as chief of operations for company transitioning.
• Lead three IT teams to provide technology services to multiple operating companies and business units. Detailed responsibilities included but not limited to matching IT planning with business strategy, prioritizing activities, managing global projects, conducting regular status update with senior management, managing capital budget and expense, developing vendor relationship, establishing IT policy and standards and establishing the overall system architecture direction.
• Planning and budgeting with several business development projects using MS Project to stay on task, within
budget, using resource allocation to meet milestones as well as to track risk assessment throughout process project fruition.
• Responsible for design, implementation and maintenance of Dell server and storage hardware, IBM BladeCenter servers, HP servers, EMC storage systems, Cisco routing and switching, Cisco PIX & ASA firewalls, Cisco VPN, Symantec Backup Exec, Symantec Antivirus, Spam and AV filtering, and Blackberry Enterprise Server.
• Directed all phases of multiple projects including project charter development, scope planning and definition,
directed and managed projects execution, monitored and controlled all project work across multiple projects,
developed a comprehensive integrated change control process for the entire company and finally supervised all
project closures with seamless handoffs.
• Developed and maintained a scalable and cost-efficient IT Server infrastructure that provides 99.99% reliable
Corporate IT Manager August 2007 to November 2010
• Create security policies and procedures for corporate and federal information systems, applications and
networks to meet federal security guidelines and requirements. Address areas such as: securing remote access with SSH, SSL and IPSec; using National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and Defense Information
System Agency (DISA) configuration guidance to harden servers, operating systems and appropriate applications;
working with network architects to isolate network segments for particular systems, internal resources and DMZ;
work with architects to create firewall and router rules/configurations sets; create user groups and access controls to enforce least privileged rules; and worked with administrators to secure a wireless router.
• Architected and Implemented SAP NetWeaver into VMware vSphere cluster for HeiTech Government Services, this included Development QA and Production systems including full planning for Business Continuance and Disaster Recovery. The system consists of over 40 virtual machines running on a NetApp storage system.
• Over six years of Experience in Installing, Configuring, Administrating, Maintaining and Troubleshooting
Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) 2007, SharePoint Portal Server (SPS) 2003 and Windows SharePoint
• Successfully developed and implemented a virtual server environment (VMWARE) that consolidated over 106
physical servers down to 10, thereby reducing operational co-location cost by over 40% per month, while doubling High Availability by clustering solutions across physical nodes.
• Focused on implementing department policies and procedures; Collaborated with staff to create professional
development plans for each team member. Utilized helpdesk reporting to engage executive management and
motivate staff to higher performance levels.
• This position supported an existing infrastructure of approximately four Nokia/Checkpoint firewalls protecting the corporate infrastructure from the Internet and also separating the government contracts from the corporate network. Periodically, additional firewalls are requested to protect process control systems or specific server installations with restricted and protected data stores. There are also two Cisco ASA 5520 firewalls and two Cisco ASA 5510 VPN devices operating for DOL contract provided infrastructure. The firewall team is also responsible for configuring and maintaining the site to site VPN tunnels for business partners as well as providing support for employee VPN connectivity using the Cisco VPN client desktop software. There are two Cisco 3030 devices and two Cisco ASA 5510s providing these services.
• As the corporate security manager, provide security guidance to customers and corporate IT staff to meet
security compliance requirements, evaluate various technologies and products, provide security architectural
considerations and develop mitigation recommendations as part of the risk management process.
• Assist customers in performing Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) audit reviews;
developing and updating IT security policy, procedures, standards, and guidance consistent with Departmental and Federal requirements; performed risk management assessments; developed and reviewed system security plans, plan of actions and milestones, security control implementation, configuration management plans, contingency planning, incident response plans, information security policy, Rules of Behavior and other task specific security documentation.
• Install workstation and server operating systems, applications, and server software (Citrix MetaFrame, SafeNet, etc.) service packs, hot fixes, and special software patches. Diagnose and correct Windows Terminal Server, Citrix Metaframe and SafeNet Speed/LAN device problems.
• Responsible for daily operations, system backups, system tuning, operating system and layered product software upgrades, hardware maintenance, new hardware installations, and system security. Create and regularly refine backup protocols to ensure data and network integrity.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science & Policy, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland
Classes in Network Security, ECPI College of Technology, Manassas, Virginia
Certification & Awards
Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA) 2000
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer NT4.0 (MCSE) 2001
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer 2000 (MCSE) 2002
Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA) 2003
ITIL v3 Foundation Training and Certification 2009