813-***-**** email@example.com www.github.com/joltfire www.joltfire.dev www.linkedin.com/in/johnltalanian Professional Profile
Experienced developer and project designer currently focused in finding a career in Information Technology. Self-motivated problem solver that finds urgency in problem resolution. In-depth, hands-on knowledge of troubleshooting desktop support. Thrives in demanding environments with high workflow output. Excels in communication, teamwork and learning new things.
B.S. Computer Science, Graduated May 2017 - Keene State College, Keene, NH Skills
Troubleshooted errors, updated drivers, replaced screens, replaced mousepad, repasted CPU and graphics cards, undervolted CPU, installed WiFi cards, added additional storage (SSD, HDD), overclocked processors, repaired screen cable, modified tower to increase cooling performance, built desktop from scratch. Projects
Super Mario World Tour (2019) – Constructed game design document for Nintendo contest. LaundryPod.IO (2019)
• Created using Node.js and Vylocity.
• Optimized to support hundreds of players at once with multiple worlds in concurrent instance.
• Integrated with advertiser CPMStar for monetization. Java Graphics Examples (2017)
• Displayed uses of graphics in Java with buttons, moving images, randomized image locations with timers.
• Illustrated SQL database connection example helped learn usage of MySQL and Oracle DB. Dread (2014)
• Crafted 2D horror-exploration game in 1 week alongside pixel artist.
• Won 1st place in “Game In A Week” contest.
• Implemented features quickly, learning how to rapidly prototype and test a product. Freelance Work
• Top-down Real Time Strategy game. Created using Vylocity and BYOND.
• Devised multi select & individual unit selection to appropriate actions to specific units for combat.
• Delivered item crafting with intuitive menu. Used string concatenation & created new items from previous items.
• Organized and learned to facilitate a project effectively with client, collaborating with client’s preferences. Rise of Heroes (2018)
• Classic grid-based RPG. Created using BYOND.
• Developed a custom grid-based movement system. Learned how to precisely work with the BYOND engine.
• Structured interfaces allowed players to select & manipulate gear in their inventory by dragging and dropping.
• Generated multidimensional array which looped through allowing for storage of skills bound to keys 1-0 on keyboard. Work History
Stock Clerk/Cashier, September 2018 to Present – Hannaford
• Developed the ability to work in corporate environment. Fostered pleasing customers of all personality types & cultures. Student Assistant II, November 2016 to May 2017 – Keene State College
• Communicated to maintain printers and classrooms to the needs of professors in a timely manner. Tech Assistant, June 2014 to August 2014 – Timberlane School District
• Deployed software on hundreds of computers for teachers and special needs children. Rapidly completed manual tasks.
• Troubleshooted system errors when upgrading system software.
• Contributed to staff knowledge by assisting with software-related questions.
• Upgraded RAM, installed operating systems such as Linux, and defragged hard drives.