Abhigyan Nath Permanent Address
firstname.lastname@example.org Flat no. 202, Steel Tower, Street No. 29,
To secure an industrial position in the field of Defence & Aerospace Engineering (Propulsion Systems) and related fields where I can learn, experience and implement engineering skills to contribute towards indigenous design and production as well as research & development.
PES University, Bengaluru-560085, Karnataka, India Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering, B. Tech (ME), Specialization: Aerospace Engineering ANTICIPATED GRADUATION: (Aug 2015 – May 2019)
Cumulative GPA: 7.21/10
Final Semester GPA: 9.10/10 (Awarded an ‘Outstanding-S’ grade for the final year B. Tech thesis) Relevant courses taken to date: Material Science & Metallurgy, Manufacturing Processes, Engineering Dynamics, Fluid Mechanics, Principles of Energy Conversion, Turbomachinery, Power Plant Engineering, Introduction to Gas Dynamics, Principles of Flight, CAD/CAMD, Configurational and Applied Aerodynamics, Structural Analysis, Design of Machine Elements, Aircraft Propulsion, Introduction to Aerodynamics, Non-Destructive Testing, Labs. INTERNSHIP EXPERIENCE:
National Centre For Aerospace Innovation & Research (NCAIR), Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB) Intern – Project (Jan 2019 – Present)
• Involved in model development of a turbo-jet component manufacturing process. National Centre For Combustion Research & Development (NCCRD), Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IITM) Intern – Turbomachinery (Jun 2018 – Aug 2018)
• Evaluated the Design of various ball bearings to be used in the manufacturing of a MGT.
• Performed calculations of the net axial thrust in the compressor and turbine using analytical methods and verified results computationally.
• Executed a detailed comparison and CFD analysis of a centrifugal impeller with/without inlet guide vanes under various boundary conditions.
Kalyani Center for Technology & Innovation, Bharat Forge Ltd. Bengaluru, India (Dec 2017 – Jan 2018) Intern - Propulsion
• Investigated and evaluated the ‘Performance of Gas Turbines, Pneumatic starters and Design of CD Nozzle for supersonic applications.’
• Modified MATLAB programs to analyze the ‘Method of Characteristics’ for Nozzle Design. Center for Military Airworthiness & Certification (CEMILAC), DRDO, Bengaluru, India (May 2017- Jun 2017) Intern - Engineering
• Analyzed the ‘Thermodynamic Design & Performance of Commercial and Military Jet Engines.’
• Executed analytical methods to improve the theoretical cycle performance of gas turbine engines. Gas Turbine Unit, Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL), Hyderabad, India (Dec 2016 – Dec 2016) Intern
• Mapped and inspected the Components of Industrial Gas Turbines.
• Submitted a detailed report.
Indian Institute of technology (IIT), Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India (Jun 2016 – Jun 2016) Summer School
• Foundation course in ‘Structural Analysis’ for engineering curriculum. PROJECT EXPERIENCE:
AIAA Undergraduate Student Design Competition: (Feb 2018 – May 2019)
• Formerly involved in AIAA Foundation Student Design Competition 2017/18, Undergraduate Team Engine.
“Candidate Engines for a Next Generation Supersonic Transport”
• Supervisor and Team captain for a team of four students involved in the project. Mission Aerofi – Genser Aerospace, Crucible of Research and Innovation (CORI) (Jan 2018 – May 2019) Team Member
Updated – 25/06/2019
• Involved in the CFD and Load Analysis for Mission Aerofi, an initiative from Genser Aerospace.
• Student designer for various components of the light commercial jet GENJET GLJ-3X1. Subject Matter Expert (SME) L2 – Aerospace Engineering, PESU IO Project, PES University (Nov 2017 – May 2019) Tutor for peer engineering students
• Conducted a course on the topic ‘Fundamentals of Aircraft Engineering’ for peer students.
• Conducted a course on the topic ‘Introduction to Jet Engines’ for peer students. Team Aeolus, PES University (Sep 2016 – Apr 2019)
Aerodynamics & Documentation Lead, AIAA-DBF 2019
• Secured a 26th rank worldwide at the AIAADBF 2019 held at Tucson, Arizona, USA during 11th – 14th April 2019.
• Involved in the feasibility study of Aerodynamics of the model as well as the technical documentation requirements of AIAA DBF 2019.
• Discharged the duty of supervising the junior team members with regard to the event. Design & Fabrication Lead, AIAA-DBF 2018
• Actively involved with the Design & Fabrication of the UAV to be demonstrated at AIAADBF Competition 2018 to be held at Wichita, USA.
• CAD modelling of various aircraft configurations and running CFD & Structural simulations to evaluate the performance in numerous environments.
• Optimize the economics of fabrication and validate the product performance within stipulated deadlines. IEEE AESS PES University Student Branch (March 2017 – May 2019) Founder & Chairperson
• Asia’s first student run AESS Chapter at PES University, Bengaluru. HONOURS:
• Distinction Award - ‘First Class with Distinction’ in the 5th Semester of B. Tech - ME in the ESA held during 2017.
• Team Aeolus, Aerodynamics Lead- Secured 26th rank internationally at AIAA-DBF 2019 held at Tucson, AZ, USA.
• Awarded an ‘Outstanding-S’ grade for the B. Tech final year thesis carried out at NCAIR, IIT Bombay. ADDITIONAL COURSES:
• Advanced Course in “Configurational and Applied Aerodynamics” (Jul 2016 – July 2016)
• Online course on ‘Aircraft Dynamic Stability & Design of Stability Augmentation System’ IIT Kanpur (Jul 2016 – Sep 2016)
• IEEE Student member & part of IEEE Aerospace and Electronic Systems Society.
• AIAA (American Institute for Aeronautics and Astronautics) Student Member. SKILLS:
• Softwares: S-Math, ANSYS CFX, MATLAB, SolidWorks, SolidEdge ST10, MS Office, Autodesk Fusion 360, SimScale, Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint
• Languages: Fluent English, Native fluency in Telugu, Hindi & Odiya
• Personality: Enthusiastic, Professional, Curious, Spirited, Energetic, Innovative, Learner PERSONAL STATEMENT:
• Interest in mechanical engineering has been embedded into me since my school days, my experience with various organizations increased my propensity towards a career in core mechanical industry and made me believe that design & development of industrial components is my ultimate goal in life. CAMPUS ACTIVITIES:
• Organizer for ‘Samarpana’ which is an initiative by students for the welfare of war widows & their families by conducting fundraiser events.
• Volunteer for Rotaract Club of PES University, an initiative that helps poverty-stricken families & children.
• Regular blood donor for on campus CSR Crew. (Blood group O+ve) HOBBIES:
• Learning more about advancements in aerospace engineering around the globe during leisure time.
• Understanding the working & functions of various types of engines used in aerospace & defense. REFERENCES:
Available on Demand.