Objective: Seeking employment in the Social Service and Peer Educational field. Being able to assist clients with linking them to services in the community and educating them to stay empowered, while helping clients navigate through their medical care and educational resources.
Arete Recovery/Lead Behavioral Health Technician – March 2016 to Current
General Purpose of the Position: Maintain the day to day operations of the facility for the scheduled shift.
As a leader in the department working cohesively with the Housing Manager and Regional Housing
Director. Ensure 100% compliance with Life Safety and Environment of Care standards. Maintain appropriate professional boundaries and ethical behavior at all times with clients, families and other professionals
• Ensure that the day to day operations of the Housing Department are adhered to
• Write daily BHT assignments and follow up with BHTs on completion
• Communicate all client concerns and send out appropriate emails as required
• Work cohesively with all departments for the common purpose of client care and client safety
• Communicate all BHT concerns to the Housing Manager
• Communicate any unsafe or in need of repair conditions of the physical residence to the Housing
Manager and document in shift reports
• Stay in constant interaction with the Housing Manager
• Communicate all staffing shortages to the Housing Manager directly
• Communicate all client emergent situations in a calm and organized manner to appropriate
• Maintain customer satisfaction through positive interactions with clients
• Ensure client’s immediate needs are met
• Redirect clients in a respectful manner when necessary
• Report all adverse client behaviors and concerns
• Maintain the physical residence per Joint Commission and DCF standards
• Maintain the physical residence per company operational systems, including cleaning of the
inside and outside residence and clinical buildings
• Assign transportation to the BHT’s; inclusive of following the Transportation Policy
• Supervise all client activities
• Make rounds and document as required
• Observe and conduct Urine Drug Screens
• Observe self-administration of client medication and document in the MOR’s
• Follow all state, federal, Joint Commission and DCF standards
• Follow the client schedules as defined and ensure the clients are present and on time
• Assist in training BHT staff
• Facilitate client groups under the direction of the Program Director and Housing Manager
Care Resource/ Client Support Specialist - March 2012-July 2014/ Miami, FL
As the senior peer specialist of the program “Women of Color”, I was responsible in developing treatment plans for the women in this group, assist the women in schedule appointments, documents assistance with referrals and follow-ups to any of their medical needs.
Work with clients developing meaningful life-management skills by acting as a house specialist and other case management duties.
Responsible for conducting/co-conducting 1-3 group therapy session per week.
Evaluate client’s progress and make recommendations/changes to treatment plans under the supervision of professional treatment/medical staff.
Miami Central Senior High School - June 1985/ Miami, FL
Extracurricular: Varsity Basketball Team 1981-1985
• Miami- Dade County HIV Certification 104, 500, 501
• Case Watch Computer Program
• Peer Core Competency Training
• Peer Re Engagement Project
• Client Advisory Committee Skills
• Team worker
• Effective Communication Skills
• Quickly adapts to any work environment
• Substance Abuse Prevention
• HIV/AIDS educator