CURRICULUM VITAE – GLORIA BENGO
Date of Birth: 8th June 1985
Marital Status: Single
Physical Address: E1401, E Jessica, Las Vegas, NV, 89104, USA
P.O BOX: 4785, 3540, W Sahara Ave, 133, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89102 – 5816
Mobile No: 702-***-****
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Next of kin contact Person: Chad Hughes, Tel: 702-****-***
• Ability to adapt to new working environment and conditions and flexible and willing to change with times.
• A logical person and able to work in areas of conflict without objection; I remain calm in crisis situations, re-ferring my energies to problem resolution.
• Independent and can work alone or within a team, able to work under minimum or no supervision at all and thus yielding excellent results which is attributed to my self-motivation, desire and focus on perfection and my desire and willingness to learn new things.
• A go getter who gets things done in an accurate and structured manner.
• Love to work in environments where I can express my leadership and creativity.
• I enjoy challenges, am task orientated and like to adhere to quality standards.
• Willing to travel and work in new environments. I look forward to honing my leadership skills as I enjoy moti-vating and like to get people to act and think positively.
INTERNATIONAL LANGUAGE SKILLS:
English - Fluent, French - Average, German - Fair
Makerere High School (2001-2002)
Qualification - Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (U.A.C.)
Green Ville High School (1997-2000)
Qualification: Uganda Ordinary Certificate of Education (U.C.E)
Kireka Seventh Day Adventist Primary School (1990-1996)
Qualification - Primary Leaving Examination Certificate (P.L.E)
Kampala International University (2005-2007)
Qualifications - Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management and Certification in Computer Applica-tions and Information Systems.
Law Development Centre (Kampala Uganda) (2003-2004)
Qualification - Diploma in Law Curriculum Vitae - Bengo Gloria
OTHER TRAINING AND CERTIFICATION ACQUIRED
1. First Aid and CPR Training
2. Ensuring the Health and Safety of Infants and Toddlers in Child Care. 3. Healthy Eaters: Infant and Toddler Nutrition in Child Care Settings. 4. Routines and Environments that Support Social Emotional Development in Infants and Toddlers. 5. Brain Development, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome, and Abusive Head Trauma: Shaken Baby Syndrome. 6. Responding to Challenging Infant Toddler Behavior. 7. Protecting Human Research Participants
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES ACQUIRED
• Driving skills with a Uganda driving permit.
• Excellent report writing and Microsoft Computer application skills and computer teaching abilities; MS Word, Excel, Power point Presentation, Access, Publisher, internet Email and other packages. This is attributed to the fact that all my previous work experiences required use of computer and organization of data.
• Excellent/fast typing skills (50 wpm) and knowledge on using all stationary equipment.
• Excellent interpersonal, public relations, administration, leadership, managerial and communications skills due to regular exposure to people from different backgrounds, culture and working environments.
• Developed keen sense of time management & work planning and lastly photography and photo editing skills.
1. Miracle Orphans Care Foundation, Position: Chief Executive Officer/Director. From Jan 2014 – To date
• To oversee the implementation of fledgling programs and to keep track of all the paperwork.
• To coordinate and liaise with the board, the staff and the volunteers and oversee the day-to-day activities.
• To manage and direct all programs and activities at the orphanage to ensure that they run smoothly.
2. Amnesty International S.A, Position: Human Right Education Assistant Sept 1st – Dec 2013
• Working with the Human Rights Education team facilitators in activities of educating the community about Human Rights
• Compiling all information and minutes produced in the Human Rights Education Workshops at all locations.
• Giving feedback on Community Response and Action plans drawn in all meetings.
• Doing all secretarial work for the Human Rights education team; faxing, emailing, photo copying, calling members respectively in any urgent need
• Making bookings for venues for workshops, drafting invoices and ensuring all payments regarding work-shops/training arrangements for the Human Rights Education Department.
3. Sinkov Internet Café S.A Position: Manager/Computer Administrator. From Apr 2013 – 31st Jun 2013
• Managing the daily running of the Internet café.
• Doing all stationery work for clients (typing, faxing, scanning, photo copying, binding, emailing etc)
• Performing any other duties available.
4. Amnesty International (Braamfontein, Johannesburg South Africa). From 1st June 2013 – 31 August 2013 Position: Online Scribe (Volunteer)
• Putting together all work forwarded to me in a format desired by my working team.
• Liaising between members of my working team to give each member an update of any necessary/urgent infor-mation in the quickest way possible and sending feedback to the Amnesty board about our accomplished group task on a weekly basis.
5. Malaika Orphanage Centre (Hillbrow South Africa) Position: Computer Trainer, Talent Developer (Volunteer) From 1st March 2013 - November 2013 (Part Time)
• Training the children in general computer skills.
• Teaching them modern dance and helping them develop their other talent skills; singing, reading/ storytelling and bible study etc.
6. Life Care Beauty & Health Spa Uganda. Position: General Manager, From Nov 2011 to Mar 2012
• Ensure that books of the account are well kept and updated
• Source leads and develop new business for Life Care
• Manage, build and maintain external and internal business relations.
• Manage maintenance and repair of all company property and Manage the daily operation and administration
7. New Court View Hotel, Uganda. Position: General Secretary/Accounts Assistant, Jan 2011 to Apr 2011
• Making all company documentation, and record keeping, making all company stationary; faxing, photocopy-ing, scanning and printing, receiving and replying company emails, filing hotel reservations made and emailing confirmation of made reservations.
• Doing weekly auditing for all the company projects and producing monthly reports to the General Accountant, preparing monthly staff payrolls and doing any other work as instructed by the General accountant and manag-er.
8. Shell Gardens Bar & Restaurant Uganda, Position: General Manager/Supervisor. Jan 2008 to Nov 2010
• Recruiting, selecting, interviewing and training competent staff when need arises.
• Setting guidelines and procedures for staff and ensuring they are strictly followed to achieve company goals and objectives.
• Balancing daily expenditures and sales for both the kitchen and bar, entering the information in computer and releasing a monthly report of overall expenditures, sales and profits to the directors.
• Fixing prices for new services and facilities basing on purchase prices, demand, supply and other factors.
• Ensuring excellent services for customers and making new innovations to not only attract but also keep the esteemed customers. For example, putting periodical entertainment timetables and creating and maintaining a comfortable customer environment.
• Monitoring purchases and other expenditures and making other profitable decisions on behalf of the company on issues that arise between the company and its stake holders.
• Performing other roles within my line of duty and working hand in hand with my staff as a way of motivation and ensure efficiency in services offered.
9. Data Solutions International (Data outsourcing Company), Kampala Uganda. Position: Data Entry Clerk (Part Time) From June 2006 to May 2007
• Analyzing, entering and saving clients’ files and other official data in the Companies Data Base using Dexter Data Base System and Foot note Project.
10. Links Net Internet Café, Position: Computer Administrator (Part Time) From Jan 2005 to May 2006
• Ensuring periodical maintenance and minor computer repairs in the internet café.
• Typing, printing, editing, scanning, and photocopying of clients’ documents.
• Giving other required assistance to clients concerning computer and internet use.
11. Sands beyond the Horizon Uganda, Position: Administrative Assistant, From Nov 2004 to Jan 2005
• Review, analyze and participate in the development and implementation of operational policies and procedures and Perform other general office clerical duties.
• Participate in the development and maintenance of complex business programs, systems and studies in as-signed areas and maintain, monitor and process company records and reports.
Hobbies: Keeping fit (jogging, aerobics, skipping, biking etc), traveling, hiking, making friends, spending time with children, learning new things, listening to music, traveling, camping, swimming, art and photography, cracking jokes and lastly but not least cooking.
SPECIAL REPORT/PROJECTS MADE
• June 2004: A Research Report on Legal Protection of Women against domestic Violence: A Case Study of Kampala Central Division.
• April 2007: A Study on Remuneration and Employee Productivity in Service Organization: A Case Study of Sheraton Hotel Kampala Uganda.
1. Chad Hughes, Santa’s Little Helper Chimney Cleaning, Las Vegas,
Contact Email: email@example.com, Tel: 702-***-****
2. Kitiibwa Saviour, Director, Miracle Orphans Care Foundation,
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: +256-*********
3. Jabu Tugwana, Amnesty International South Africa,
Contact Email: email@example.com, Tel: 083-***-****
I Gloria Bengo hereby certify that to the best of my knowledge and belief, the particulars given above are true and complete in all aspects.