Edward W. Mikula Technical Writer/Illustrator
Home Phone 704-***-**** Email email@example.com Linkedin Profile https://www.linkedin.com/in/edmikula/ Education:
University North Carolina at Charlotte
Bachelors of Arts in Communication, Technical and Professional Writing Gaston College, Dallas,NC
Associate of Science Applied Mechanical Engineering Experience:
3D Sytems Inc. Technical Writer / Illustrator Aug 2018-- Jun 2019 Contract position – Use Adobe Creative Cloud to write and illustrate installation and Service manuals, Parts Lists, Service Process Checklists. Also Modify Drupal 3D Service Website for 3D Systems 3D printers. Bosch Building Grid Technologies Technical Writer / Illustrator Jan 2018-- July 2018 Contract position – Use Adobe Creative Cloud to write and illustrate installation and operator manuals, data sheets, white papers for Bosch solar microgrid components. Graco Childrens Products Inc. (NewellRubbermaid/Newell Brands) Technical Writer / Illustrator Jan 2016 – July 2017
Use Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign to write and edit Graco Instruction manuals/sheets and label placement documents. Use Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop to create and edit illustrations for instruction sheets and manuals. Design safety and instruction decals for child Restrains, playYards, strollers, and high chairs. Add finished documents to Windchill database.
Rubbermaid Healthcare Technical Writer / Illustrator Sept 2011 – Jan 2016 Rubbermaid Commercial Products (Newell Rubbermaid) Use ProE (WildFire/CreoParametric), Windchill, IsoDraw 6 and 7; Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and Indesign to write and edit operation manuals for Rubbermaid Healthcare computer carts, medication carts and telehealth systems as well as technical bulletins and briefs and internal training aids. I was a lone writer in this position responsible for generation all textual and graphic content, including print ready files. Used ProE
(WildFire/CreoParametric), Windchill, IsoDraw 6 and 7, Adobe Illustrator and BOM data to create Repair/Parts manuals. Use DITA to create online webhelp utility for an Internet controlled (IOT) medical cart. Also I designed the safety decals used during this period. Add Finished Manuals to Windchill database. BAE Systems Technical Writer March 2010 – June 2010 Used ArborText Editor to convert and edit unstructured COTS operation, maintenance manuals to XML structred 40051 compliant training manuals for US Army TACOM. Use Arbortext Editor and BOM database to write RPSTL parts manuals. Contract involved writing and editing content for operator and maintenance manuals for BAE wheeled vehicles. Collaborated with illustrators and editors to meet customer and military specifications. Government standards used: MIL-STD-40051-2 with Change 3, MIL-HDBK-1222C with Change 3. Blue Force Services Technical Writer Dec 2008 – May 2009 Used Adobe Framemaker to Write and edit XML structured operation, maintenance and RPSTL manuals for US Army TACOM. Contract involved inputting unstructured FrameMaker manuals into structured FrameMaker templates for the second generation tactical wheeled vehicles. Collaborated with illustrators and editors to meet customer and military specifications. Government standards used: MIL-STD-40051-2 with Change 3, MIL-HDBK-1222C with Change 3.
Force Protection Industries Technical Writer Aug 2007 – July 2008 Used Adobe Framemaker to write and edit COTS and XML structured 40051 compliant repair manuals for US Army TACOM. Used BOM and MRP data to create RPSTL parts manuals. Contract also involved inputting unstructured FrameMaker manuals into structured FrameMaker templates for the tactical wheeled vehicles . Collaborated with illustrators and editors to meet customer and military specifications. Government standards used: MIL-STD-40051-2 with Change 3, MIL-HDBK-1222C with Change 3, and MIL-HDBK-2361C. For my first 7 months in this position I was a contract employee, employed by Aerotek Technical Services. I was made a direct hire in April of 2008. Pinnacle Converting Equipment Inc Controls Designer/Builder/Technical Writer July 1997 – March 2002 Collaborated with engineering to design and write specification sheets for Pinnacle machinery. Use MS Word, Corel Draw and PaintShop Pro to write and edit operation and maintenance manuals for Pinnacle catalog and custom converting machinery.
• Developed parts lists from AutoCAD drawings and maintained those parts lists as the projects evolved.
• Designed, wrote, and developed the page layout of procedures and for the operation and maintenance manuals which detailed the setup, operation day to day and long term maintenance of the machinery.
• Used Corel Draw and PaintShop Pro to create technical illustration for Pinnacle manuals and machine safety decals.
• Designed and produced electrical schematics and panel layout drawings, pneumatic schematics and panel layout drawings.
• Design and build NEC and OSHA compliant integrated automatic and semi-automatic control systems for production machinery.
• Develop necessary control programming
• Install, configure, program PLCs and HMIs (Omron, Red Lion GE Fanuc, Mitsubishi, Allen Bradley, Automation Direct), motor controllers, temperature controllers, various switches, sensors and power supplies. Cordis Corporation Senior R&D Tech/Toolmaker/Machine Designer-Builder Jan 1986 – March 1993 Developed and use Word Mark desktop publishing software to write Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for Orion PTCA, Orion Exchange catheter and 5/7 Fr Biopsy Forceps manufacturing processes based on Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
• Write users guide for Tool Inspection History Database software.
• Conducted Testing in accordance with written protocols.
• Developed annealing and stress relief heat treat process for machined components.
• Install and configure Allen Bradley, Emerson, Parker Motor Controllers.
• Design applicable software and firmware adaptations necessary for medical device manufacturing projects.
• Design, document and retrofit data acquisition systems to existing machinery.
• Develop end user documentation for software and machinery listed above. Links:
https://www.capsahealthcare.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/carelink_user_manual_rev_e2_817.pdf D.pdf http://s7d2.scene7.com/is/content/Newellsync/DTC/Graco/Product%20Manuals/PD329572H_MODES_JOGGER.pdf