GREGORY C. THOMPSON JR., MBA, MPA, MS-CYBERSECURITY
571-***-**** email@example.com LinkedIn SECURITY PROFESSIONAL
Highly knowledgeable, skilled, and dedicated Security Professional with expertise in personnel management, comprehensive design planning, and implementation of strategic security programs that provide operational excellence. Acknowledged for exceptional performance in driving process improvements, change management, and facilitation of multiple projects while ensuring compliance with the law. Adept and motivated professional with outstanding knowledge of security protocol, team surveillance, and problem-solving to improve security and ensure the safety of personnel, equipment, and information.
Areas of Expertise
Investigations Lean Methodologies Business Analysis
Strategic Planning Business Continuity Conflict Resolution
Complex Problem-Solving Program Management Compliance
Leadership Operations Security Development & Threat Assessment &
Emergency Management Management Mitigation
STRENGTHS & VALUE OFFERED
Develops Business Continuity Plans that identifies the organization’s core activities before, during, and after a crisis - utilizing a systematic approach to identify necessary resources to continue operations, communicate with stakeholders, assist any affected employees, protect the organization’s reputation, and restore operations.
Lead by example in setting the standards for performance and productivity, addressing challenges, and providing leadership that promotes accountability, collaboration, and enthusiasm.
Significantly reduces risk by conducting physical security risk assessments, presenting recommendations to management, and implementing process improvements.
Holds an active Top Secret (TS) Security Clearance, managing physical and personnel security functions for the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills with the ability to communicate with a diverse population at all organizational levels.
Master of Business Administration
University Maryland University College, Adelphi, MD Master of Science in Cybersecurity
University Maryland University College, Adelphi, MD Master of Public Administration, Concentration: Emergency Management Homeland Security George Mason University, Fairfax, VA
Bachelor of Arts in Government and International Politics & Religious Studies George Mason University, Fairfax, VA
Magna cum laude
Gregory C. Thompson Jr., MPA, MBA, MS-Cybersecurity Page 2
General Dynamics Corporate Headquarters – Falls Church, Virginia 2013 to Present SECURITY MANAGER
Proficiently supervises and directs industrial, physical, and information security measures for a population of over 400 employees. Oversees the organizational compliance program, reviewing and evaluating compliance issues and concerns, and ensuring that employees follow the rules and regulations of regulatory agencies, client contracts, and company policies. Effectively handles the processing of personnel clearances, employee briefings, and visit requests, providing a wide range of duties in the administration of National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) and all other security protocols, remaining current of ever-changing security regulations. Properly facilitates the successful preparation and completion of inspections and audits to ensure government compliance and facility effectiveness.
● Subject Matter Expert for business continuity planning, workplace violence, crisis management planning, facility security awareness and training, counterintelligence for foreign travel, and the Global Response Center.
● Successfully manages department’s $4.7M budget, leading initiatives that reduce costs and keep project costs within scope.
● Enhanced operational efficiency and security measures by strategically reengineering the departmental budget, allowing for upgraded security equipment throughout five different facilities.
● Collaborates proficiently with other departments to direct and establish appropriate policies and procedures and address compliance issues for investigation and resolution.
● Skillfully maintains communication security, utilizing proper risk assessments to identify and protect vulnerable networks and assist in the design and implementation of secure communication networks across remote sites.
● Manages implementation of all phases of the Business Continuity Program lifecycle, including the development, training, testing and maintenance of the Business Continuity plan. General Dynamics Corporate Headquarters – Falls Church, Virginia 2015 to 2017 INTERNAL AUDIT – SUBJECT MATTER SPECIALIST
Served as Subject Mater Specialist (SMS) on sensitive information / proprietary data protection for rotational Internal Audit (IA) program. Evaluated the processes and procedures to determine whether critical information was identified, protected within business processes, IT applications, electronic documents, paper documents, and during transmission.
● Provided IA leadership input on key digital and business risks, as related to data protection strategies.
● Perform and document work such as procedure development, walkthroughs and controls testing in accordance with IA standards.
● Based on the work performed, identified and drafted strategic, business focused issues and effectively communicated results to relevant stakeholders.
Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) – Washington, District of Columbia 2011 to 2013 SECURITY SPECIALIST (ACTING ASSOCIATE CHIEF SECURITY OFFICER) Maintained a safe and secure environment for a facility of over 400 employees, providing physical and personnel security. Directed security initiatives and strategies for various business units ensuring security measures align with and support company business objectives. Provided governance, oversight, and accountability for risk and controls management, policy and program management, security incident management, security monitoring, threat, and intelligence, as well as vulnerability management. Conducted monthly security audits, identifying potential problems relating to physical security, staff safety, and asset protection, and inspected security design features, installations, and programs to verify compliance with standards and regulations. Assessed operational vulnerabilities and led strategic initiatives to streamline Gregory C. Thompson Jr., MPA, MBA, MS-Cybersecurity Page 3
processes and procedures and mitigate identified risks with proven integrated solutions and security best practices, elevating facility operational efficiency.
● Promoted security awareness by delivering training and education on an array of security measures and topics.
● Implemented a proper filing system to organize a disheveled and underperforming contractor management program record system, significantly reducing management overhead time.
● Spearheaded a physical security inventory assessment project that significantly reduced risk by conducting physical security risk assessments, presenting recommendations to management, and implementing process improvements.
● Refined security programs and procedures to maintain the overall safety and security of employees to include foreign travel and visitors, special issue investigations, DOE clearances, international contacts, polygraph program, outside employment program, and many others. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) – Washington, District of Columbia 2009 to 2011 PERSONNEL SECURITY SPECIALIST
Expertly prepared, handled, and processed new government applicants. Screened and evaluated candidates, reviewing and analyzing personnel backgrounds and history for clearance, violations, and risk assessments. Proficiently reviews Personnel Security Questionnaires and other records to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance with client guidelines. Provided analysis and research for suitability and clearance of federal employees and applicants using policies and procedures set by the federal government (Executive Orders). Ensured compliance with State and Defense Department regulations for all procedures, designing and implementing improvements in existing personnel security procedures and policies that would increase productivity. Established and maintained effective partnerships, communicating and collaborating with a variety of personnel at all organizational levels.
● Adaptable and flexible, showing the ability to prioritize effectively.
● Demonstrated the ability to apply highly technical knowledge in solving complex problems and applied law, regulation, policy, and procedures to the personnel security program.
● Fully knowledgeable of Department of Defense (DoD) and Intelligence Community (IC) regulations governing personnel security and possessed a strong working knowledge of DoD and various IC clearance processing procedures.
● Utilized proficient experience adjudicating various levels of background investigations and rendering suitability and clearance eligibility decisions.
George Mason University – Fairfax, Virginia 2009 to 2009 HUMAN RESOURCE SPECIALIST
Assisted in finding the most qualified candidates to meet the human capital needs of the organization. Served as a passionate and highly efficient Human Resources Specialist responsible for recruiting, supporting, and developing high- performing talent, correctly applying conflict resolution techniques and methods and retaining top talent. Assisted in developing and reviewing all Human Resource initiatives, policies, procedures, and systems with a keen eye for detail and enthusiasm to enhance operational efficiency. Leveraged strong leadership and instructional aptitudes to provide training, oversight, and support to personnel and potential employees, managing and coordinating practical training and development programs.
● Developed and implemented organizational development policies and programs to create and foster a positive organizational climate and improve employee morale and job satisfaction.
● Demonstrated a strong ability to handle sensitive situations and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
● Established and developed strong, lasting relationships fostering a workplace atmosphere of creativity, openness, and efficiency.
Gregory C. Thompson Jr., MPA, MBA, MS-Cybersecurity Page 4
CERTIFICATIONS & TRAINING
Security Specialist, Reid Technique of Interviewing & Interrogation, Continuity of Operations (COOP) Awareness, Physical Security Training, Derivative Classifier Training, SECURITY+, NETWORK+, ASIS Professional Security Professional (PSP), ASIS Certified Protection Professional (CPP), DRI International Certified Business Continuity Professional, Internal Audit Subject Matter Specialist & Business Continuity Planning CERTIFICATIONS:
Certified Business Continuity Professional (DRI International, 2019) Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification (GenEdge, 2019) Executive Protraction (ASIS International, 2015)