Carlos Jerry Villota Macamay
+974-******** email@example.com Bin Omran, Doha, Qatar
Filipino Transferable Visa Qatar driving license (02-19-22) NEBOSH IGC 2&3 Holder
Motivated Occupational Health and Safety Officer seeking to showcase my set of abilities and to contribute to the betterment of the Health and Safety community in Qatar. WORK EXPERIENCE
Health and Safety officer
Larsen and Toubro - P015 Al-Wakra Expressway project
(May 3, 2017- December 27,2018)
• Promoted and implemented clear lines of communication between workers and higher management in regards to safe systems of work and reporting non-conformance with safety standards and guidelines
• Inspected and maintained safe systems of work on various high hazard activities (i.e.: Lifting operations, Road Safety, work at height, excavations, hot work, confined spaces, and others).
• Conducted tool box talk meetings regarding topics that are relevant to the main hazards of the project.
• Oversaw training of workers in the field through Job safety analysis on different hazards and how to work in a safe manner that reduces the risk of a hazard occurring to a minimum.
• Conducted equipment checks and various PPE, and procedural checks on worker non-conformance with safety rules and regulations based on ASHGAL and Larsen and Toubro safety guidelines.
• Revised SWP (Safe Work Procedures) and Risk assessment submitted for the approval of the supervising consultant.
• Inspected necessary paper work for various activities including permits to work, STARRT cards, confined space permits, lifting permits, excavation permit, certifications and other requirements.
• Communicated with the supervising consultant on management walkthroughs and executive walkthroughs, as well as communicating persisting hazards and unsafe acts and conditions based on weekly and daily reports.
• Submitted monthly and weekly statistics regarding man hours and LTI (Lost Time injuries) and other relevant information.
• Implemented weekly safety initiatives given by the Safety manager. Health and Safety officer
Aspire Logistics Health and Safety department
(May 10, 2016 – March 21, 2017)
• Conducted inspections and checking of noise levels, ergonomic safety as well as environmental testing around all Aspire facilities.
• Inspected daily work procedures by contractors and corrected misconduct based on NEBOSH standards.
• Completed work checklists and procedural safety inspections.
• Inspected machinery by checking previous maintenance records and visual inspections.
• Routine checking of safe lifting operations and work at height operations
• Oversaw worker PPE implementation and checks on PPE integrity.
• Inspected scaffolding condition with the designated scaffolding inspector.
• Trained and advised workers on safe working practices as well as safe system of work
• Completed daily reports to be submitted to the Safety manager. Recreational Officer
CNAQ Recreation Center
(February 2015 – May 2015)
• Monitored patron behavior for crowd control purposes.
• Managed daily report submissions to the Recreational manager for implementation of new procedures.
• Coordinated tournaments such as round robin tournaments for (chess, ping pong, billiards).
• Managed daily opening and closing procedures such as reports and turning over to security personnel. Health Education promotion
(Topic: How time management alleviates Stress) College of the North Atlantic-Qatar
• Showcased the importance of time management in relation to effectiveness at work and stress tolerance
• Research on the correlation of stress to how a person deals with time management.
• Posted info boards on different studies done by different associations on the effects of stress.
• Made brochures on effective ways to manage time and how to avoid stress based on research and testimonies.
College of the North Atlantic Qatar
Diploma in Occupation Health and Safety (2013-2016) Arab League Street, Doha, Qatar, PO Box:24449
Philippine School Doha (2008-2013)
Higher Education Curriculum (High School)
Al Messila,Doha, Qatar, PO Box: 1966
TRAININGS & CERTIFICATIONS
• NEBOSH International General Certificate (2,3)
• HABC Level 2(High field) Certificate in Fire safety
• OSHA Academy PPE basics certificate (December 28, 2018)
• Work zone Traffic Management Awareness certificate (July 15, 2017)
• QCHP Approved certificate on Principles of Occupational Health and Safety (2017)
• IOSH Managing Safely (August 4-25, 2017)
• Cable avoidance tool awareness (May 18, 2017)
• Basic Fire safety course; fire wardens; firefighting; evacuation and practical live firing of fire extinguisher training Issued by Aspire Logistics (May 17-18, 2016)
• Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety (July 2016)
• Workplace Hazardous Materials Info Sys Certification (November 2015)
• Canadian Red Cross Basic First Aid (September 24,2014)
• Basic Education Curriculum (2013)
• Full understanding of the GHS (Globally
harmonize system) syllabus
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
(Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher)
• Good written and oral communication skills
(IELTS bandwidth 7.0)
• Thrives in a multi-cultural environment
• High multi-tasking and prioritization skill
• Handles criticisms professionally
• Performs well under pressure
References are available upon request