Mr. Byron Barnes
Pickerington, OH 43147
Intelligent, organized, and motivated individual, driven by results and possesses strong leadership skills to maintain productivity and quality of service.
Safety Supervisor: Rumpke (1996-Present)
• Performs all tasks in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state and federal regulations and company policies.
• Conducts ongoing health & safety inspections/audits of facilities, operations, equipment and processes to ensure compliance of Corporate Safety, environmental and governmental (DOT, OSHA, local agencies) policies and regulations.
• Schedules and conducts observations and vehicle inspections to evaluate knowledge, practices and compliance. Perform follow up observations with coaching and retraining when deficiencies are observed.
• Performs incident/injury investigations involving company vehicles and employees, including remedial driver and safety training classes.
• Interacts with various insurance companies and regulatory agencies including OSHA, DOT, EPA and local fire and police agencies.
• Trains and coaches new and existing employees on the use of applicable tools, equipment, accident/incident prevention, and fundamental practices.
• Develops and delivers training to employees on OSHA, DOT, and company policies and procedures.
• Conducts monthly in-service safety meetings.
• Interacts with management to develop site specific training programs and review trends, identify preventable occurrences, and recommend/oversee corrective action.
• Ensures all documentation, records and files related to safety training are submitted and maintained in accordance with federal, state and local requirement and Company policy.
• Assists in the new driver to include drug/alcohol testing, annual reviews, physicals and all other required documentation.
• Develops and interacts daily with Sub-contracted employees and services to ensure DOT compliance.
• Assists with settling loss control claims.
• Responds and provide assistance in emergency situations.
• Provides leadership and a positive work atmosphere exhibiting professional conduct with open communication that promotes positive relationships with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
• Prepares and presents reports as necessary.
• Maintains a working relationship with Human Resources and Worker’s Compensation Administration.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• East High School: High School Diploma (1967)
• Powered Industrial Truck Instructor
• OSHA 30 Hour General Industry Course
• Basic Heavy Equipment Operator Safety Instructor Course
• Rumpke DFWP and DOT Reasonable Suspicion Manager/Supervisor Training
• Smith System Driver Trainer Course