Ph : 408-***-****
*** ***** **. *** ****, CA, 95136
An experienced, enthusiastic and focused science teacher who is committed to promoting the education and well-being of children and young people at all times. I am passionate about giving young children the best possible education in life. I am able to establish a supportive relationship with not only students but also their parents and fellow teachers all with the aim of promoting and reinforcing a student’s independence and self-esteem. I prefer to engage myself in continuous learning in order to broaden my knowledge and experience. I am currently looking for a challenging teaching role that is only limited by the candidates drive and ambition. My interest area is Life Sciences in particular in which I have extensive teaching experience, online, classroom, after school and home. Career History
Science Subtest I: General Science (215) - Passed
Science Subtest II: Life Sciences (217) - Passed
CBEST Score - Passed all three subtests
Writing - 68
Math - 63
Reading - 41
Teacher in Champion School Job Profile
● Teaching Prealgebra, Algebra1 and Algebra2 in middle and high school classes.
● Teaching Science to middle and high school classes.
● Preparing students for SAT/AP Biology exams
● Teaching History, vocabulary and English Grammar to elementary classes
● Specially trained for outdoor student monitoring
● Clear TB test and CPR+first aid trained
● General classroom administration, trained in pick up and drop off.
● Grading tests and evaluation on a percentage scale
● Guiding and conducting students in laboratory experiments and science fair projects
● Conducting regular Parent-teacher conferences for a 1:1 feedback on child’s progress
● Everyday 1:1 tutoring for students who deserve/need extra help in Math for middle school Duration: August 2017 to August 2018
Tutor with Think Tank Learning Job Profile
● Tutoring K-9, K-10, K-11 and K-12 students for improving their grades in the Advanced Placement exam for Biology.
● Teach for SAT II, subject tests - SAT Biology and SAT Chemistry
● Teach Science and Math for middle school.
● Develop curriculum for the semester.
● Homework Help
● Grade papers
● Parent-teacher evaluation meetings
● Practice tests, development and grading
● Weekly progress report preparation.
Duration: February 2015 to July 2017
Tutor with Clubzee tutoring services
● After-school tutoring for K-12 students.
● Attending SES meetings and provider fairs for marketing purpose. Duration: July 2010 to July 2011
Home tutoring with Wyzant
● After-school tutoring for K-12.
● Guidance for SAT Biology.
Team Leader in Biology in Extramarks.com (Cleave Global e-services) Job profile:
● To develop Biology content (in powerpoint and pdf) for uploading on internet.
● Preparing graphics and diagrams related to the content.
● To develop practice sessions for online tutoring.
● To develop self-explanatory application modules of the Biology lessons.
● To develop Biology content for online tutoring.
● Conducting online classes of Biology on CBSE and ICSE for grades K-9 to 12.
● Quality check of Biology content.
● Developing question bank, and correction of answers. Duration: April 2008 to June 2009.
Team leader in Botany in MBD Alchemie
● To develop and improvise existing content materials relating to the subject.
● To coordinate the team.
● To develop content as instructional designing.
● Develop question bank and correction of answers. Duration: January 2008 to April 2008
Content editor and Mentor in Botany in MBD Alchemie Job profile
● To improvise existing content materials for web based training and CD based training.
● To edit and reconstruct the content for final uploading and publishing.
● To develop content related question banks.
Duration: June 2007 to January 2008
Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Biology at S. Chand Technologies PVT. Ltd. Job profile:
● To develop content for the World Bank project of CD based teaching in schools of UP Board and CBSE.
● To guide multimedia for the production of concerned animations and still graphics. Duration: 9th January’07 to 20th June 2007 (6 months) Faculty for Biology for 10th level at NIIT (e-gurucool). Job profile:
● To conduct classroom coaching for students appearing in CBSE board exams on regular basis. The subjects taught were Biology and Chemistry.
● To evaluate the students and publish the results through parent teacher meetings.
● To develop question banks and evaluate answer sheets of students. Duration: April 2002 to December 2002.
Biology teacher in Kidderpore girl’s high school, Calcutta Job profile:
● To teach grades 7-12 in a CBSE board school in the subject of Biology.
● To evaluate the performances of students.
● To conduct parent-teacher meetings and publish grades. Duration: 6 months in 2001.
Taught as part time lecturer in Bethune college, Calcutta, the oldest Women’s college in entire Asia. Education
Masters In Science with ‘Cell Biology, Cytogenetics and Plant Tissue Culture’ as special paper.
Masters in Botany with First Class in 2000. University of Calcutta Kolkata, India Score 3.9% GPA
Bachelor in Science
Graduated in Botany (3 year) Honours with First Class. With Zoology and Chemistry as pass subjects in 1998 University of Calcutta Kolkata, India Score 3.7 % GPA
Date of Birth : Languages Known : Nationality : Visa Status : Additional Skill Set
December 11, 1976 English, Hindi, Bengali Indian
Valid US work permit
● Practical knowledge of software like Macromedia flash, page maker.
● Practical knowledge of Microsoft office and Open office.
● Pretty thorough with Internet explorer.
● Applied knowledge of SCORM and question bank uploading as a part of the mentoring program in the last company.
● Thorough application-based knowledge of Microsoft powerpoint.
● Passionate about teaching, known to be popular and patient with students in all circumstances.
● e-book development (for CBSE board schools) for a project aided by World Bank, for S. Chand Technologies.
● Qualified the nationwide competitive exam of NET (National Eligibility Test) for research associates and college lecturers.
● Qualified the exam SSC (School Service Commission) the equivalent state teaching credential, India.