**** ******* **** *****, ********* NY 12309
SENIOR MANAGING DIRECTOR
June 2018 - Current
New Start up location: Managed, developed and trained an Inside Sales Team. Responsible for all hiring/firing/scheduling ...Sales plans and managing and setting all guidelines for success and for reaching corporate bonuses and awards. Since opening this location, we have broke all company sales records consistently every month since it's start, as well as having the lowest attrition in the company.
EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT & NATIONAL SALES DIRECTOR:
Affinitiv, Inc/Dealer Product Services/OneCommand/Higher Gear Group
May 2004 - May 2018
Customer Relations Management/Call Center/Internal BDC/Loyalty Products
The Higher Gear Group, Inc. was/is a leading innovator of Customer Relations Management Software for Automotive, Boat & RV and Motorcycle Dealerships Worldwide. Customer Relations Management Software with over 16,000 users and 250 current employees, with annual revenues exceeding 12 million dollars. Oversee all sales and business development functions, including new product rollouts, key account management, customer relationship development, contract negotiations, and order fulfillment. And provide cross-functional team training, coaching, and mentoring. Direct network of 35 account managers and marketing associates, and 25 Regional Sales VP's located throughout New England and the US. Design, implement, and adjust various sales plans and expanding existing products and updates in the marketplace. Selective Achievements: As a Regional Director of New England, I was Instrumental in the complete turnaround of the under-performing New England sales team; I set higher expectations and instituted individual team-member accountability resulting in 450% revenue increase over the last three and one half years. Met or exceeded all quotas throughout tenure, averaging more than twice the sales in New England and earning multiple company awards in recognition of performance. Consistently developed strong, sustainable relationships with THGG, Inc’s Partners and executive and C level decision makers of the retail Automotive/Boat/Motorcycle industry.
• 5 Years straight the Top Producer in The Higher Gear Group in Sales and Gross and Attrition
EXECUTIVE GENERAL MANAGER:
February 2003 - May 2004
Armory Garage is an extremely successful Automotive Group, since 1918.
Managed daily operations comprised of 2 new car and 1 pre-owned franchises as well as the service and parts departments.
• Team consistently ranked from prior "13" in district - to #2 in district Sales.
• Team went from 12th in Region to # 1 in NPINSI.
• Team increased sales from 28 units' per month to 86 units on average (New).
Spent 1 year with Lia Nissan as General Manager. For 1 year Lia Nissan was #1 in sales and NPI in the District and Region.
GENERAL MANAGER/GSM/FINANCE DIRECTOR
Bell Automotive Group
1989 - May 2003
• Recruited, trained, managed, and directed Sales Managers, Finance Managers and Sales Representatives.
• Assisted the sales managers in setting realistic monthly goals for the Sales Team.
• Explained the policies and procedures of the dealership to sales employees, followed up with employees to verify their understanding and compliance.
• Promoted an enthusiastic attitude to build positive employee attitudes and morale.
• Monitored the performance of sales employees and provided constructive feedback to aid in the sales success of each team member.
• Set an example of professionalism through daily actions and appearance.
• Worked with managers to create cost-effective advertising programs and merchandising strategies for the dealership.
• Maintained inventory of new and used vehicles that match local market needs.
• Analyzed P&L to implement growth strategies that align with dealership objectives.
• Oversaw monthly financial statements to ensure they are complete, accurate and submitted on time to dealership owners.
• Recommended individuals to ownership/upper management for promotion or dismissal with appropriate documentation.
• Communicated all pertinent material and information to dealership principle/owner.
• Collaborated with Dealership Principle, Owner, and Managers to implement dealership sales processes.
Designed and led Sales and Management training and team building classes. Implemented and maintained a Pre-Owned Certified program, Increasing both sales and profitability in our used vehicle dept. Attended Auctions on a weekly basis. Responsible for all print and electronic media advertising.
Bell Automotive Network -
Rahway, New Jersey/Burlington, VT
A large family owned Automotive Group with several franchises throughout New Jersey and Vermont. BMW-Audi-Subaru-Porsche-Ford-Hyundai-Mitsubishi-Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge Saab and Suzuki.
Built and developed a tremendous and successful sales team. Facilitated all sales training for dealer representatives and Managers, developed new sales programs, and acted as liaison between dealer and entire sales organization.
Responsible for complete daily operations of new/used inventories, appraisals, auctions, hiring/firing, fixed operations, etc.
• Top in Sales and CSI consistently throughout entire organization year after year.
Mar 1979 - Apr 1982
East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania
Some college, Biochemistry, Minor in Business Administration
*Joined the USMC to finish and have them "pay for it" which never happened...did not have time to go to college while serving.
Apr 1982 - Mar 1989
United States Marine Corps
SSGT E-6 0321-0326 Force Recon
2 Navy Accommodation Medals
2 Good Conduct Medals
S.E.R.E. School Instructor
Camouflage & Concealment Expert
Jungle Warfare Expert
Martial Arts Instructor
Mountain Warfare Expert
Underwater Demolition Expert
Hand to Hand Combat Expert
Water Safety Survival Instructor
M.I.L.E.S. Laser Warfare Expert
Tim O’Neill - PRESIDENT/CEO at TDKL Enterprises
I was the President and CEO of Dealer Product Services Inc, and after the sale and merger of my company with a company that Charles was the head of sales we worked closely. Charles is a true leader of people. He is a dynamic leader that leads by example. His enthusiasm and industry knowledge is second to none. He is a great family man and a man of great character. Any firm would benefit greatly by adding Charles to their team.
Michael Lein- Regional Vice President of CRM at Affinitiv, Inc
Charles is the most meaningful professional contact I have ever had the pleasure of working with. His leadership skills, positive attitude and high character are what stand out the most. With that, he also brings an infectious charm and charisma that are unmatched. I am proud to call him a mentor and a great friend.
Jeff White -Senior Vice President at Higher Gear/Onecommand/Affinitiv
Charles is an exceptional leader with great work ethic, those are the two things that come to mind when I think of Charles. In the eleven years I worked with him, I can’t think of a single time he did not “carry his weight and that of others!”
David Krier - President/CEO at Guest Concepts, Inc.
Charles is extremely talented and would be a huge asset to any Company.
Robert Gruen - CEO at MotoMateHD LLC .
As the Founder and CEO of The Higher Gear Group I worked with Charles for 15+ years. I cannot even begin to share the talent that this man encompasses in everything he does professionally and personally.
**PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT MY CURRENT EMPLOYER AS I HAVE NOT YET NOTIFIED THEM AS TO MY INTENTIONS TO MOVE BACK TO NY.**