PROFILE Highly motivated professional negotiator with vast legal experience, a strong ability to identify initiatives and facilitate action driven plans to support corporate growth and objectives. Proven ability to effectively prioritize, consistently meet deadlines and efficiently evaluate problems and generate solutions. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
LOZNER & MASTROPIETRO ATTORNEYS AT LAW Brooklyn, NY Settlement Claims Specialist, Negotiator May 2003-Present
• Successfully negotiated claims for clients whose cases were not positively settled by other personal injury firms.
• Meticulously identified and rectified inconsistencies, deficiencies and discrepancies in medical documentation.
• Confidently and adeptly handled claim denials and appeals.
• Research, organization and gathering of all factual data including medical records, subsequent bills and police reports.
• Assist attorneys with trial preparation.
• Cultivated relationships with local medical practices, which has led to substantial growth in referral business.
• Ensure open lines of communication and satisfaction of deadlines through executed correspondence.
• Efficiently handle complete case management through extensive close client contact.
• Coordinate independent medical examinations.
• Liaison between adversarial attorneys, clients, health care providers and insurance carriers.
• Review and finalization of files for motions, workers compensation hearings and trial.
• Meeting with clients and answering interrogatories for matters filed in law division. RAYTBURG & FIERRO P.C Brooklyn, NY
Manager, Negotiator September 1998-May 2003
• Coordinated with experts and clients for testimony and depositions.
• Prepared all closing documents upon settlement and following up on payment.
• Effectively assisted clients with personal and surgery pre-settlement funding options.
• Participated in training employees, including handling escalations, complaints, follow-ups, retaining customers and rapidly de-escalating situations as needed.
• Promoted productivity and confidentiality while maintaining client portfolios using the firm’s proprietary computer software.
JANOFF & GUREVICH L.L.P New York, NY
Paralegal August 1996-August 1998
• Applied a creative methodology to organize large caseloads to best prepare, update and maintain litigation cases.
• Conducted extensive in-depth legal research utilizing a vast array of legal databases such as LexisNexis
& Westlaw to help gather relevant data pertaining to each case individually.
• Drafted memorandums for attorneys with all vital client information and exposure.
• Managed product identification database for firm use.
• Efficiently communicated with clients regarding any claim related concerns.
• Meticulously retrieved and reviewed case documents from courthouse archives in order to maximize revenue on older cases.
NEW YORK PARALEGAL SCHOOL New York, NY
New York State Certified Paralegal
TARAS SHEVCHENKO NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF KYIV Kyiv, Ukraine Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy
Lexis/Nexus, Westlaw, CD-ROM Lawdesk. Shepardizing, Word Perfect, Windows, SAGA