Implement and maintain best in class practices and processes to effectively manage large scale commercial and industrial sites using my expertise in CAFM/CMMS/BIM technologies together with my well-established project management, vendor management, process management and stakeholder management skills. Experience Since 05/2018 The Maintainers FMS – EMIRI DIWAN (THE KINGS PALACE) Doha-Qatar Projects Facilities Manager – EMS CAFM
Managing and monitoring day to day operations & maintenance works and overall services provided in the Emiri Diwan facility.
Responsible for complete O&M activities and upgrades of the Emiri Diwan facility - including His Highness’s office, VVIP Majlis for Diplomats and Ministers, VVIP Car Park, VVIP Mosque, Ministers offices, EMIRI GUARDS quarters and offices, Cooling Towers, and utility building etc.
Regularly evaluating and refining corrective and preventive maintenance activities and schedules in CAFM through effective data analysis and in coordination with engineers and delivery team.
Formulating budget for facility expenses, managing all works under approved budget with zero tolerance for failures.
Comparing costs for various services and goods before identifying value driven propositions to meets the needs of facilities.
Forecasting maintenance schedule and resources for effective implementation of comprehensive maintenance plans, including safety & security in place.
Liaising with procurement teams to consolidate all materials, AMC’s and develop strategic alliance with Vendors/Sub-contractors who can add value in the quality of service delivery.
Assisting engineering teams during renovation works to provide awareness and insight into mechanical, electrical, plumbing (MEP) and environmental nuances of sites and buildings with reference to As Built Drawings.
Managing and developing a team of talented technicians to tackle maintenance issues and cultivating a proactive outlook.
Lead Technical Planners and Maintenance Schedulers to implement planned maintenance strategies for all maintainable assets across site on soft services (cleaning, security services and waste management) and hard services (MEP).
Tracking building upkeep as well as anticipated long and medium to short-term improvements and maintenance relevant to Ministry Regulations.
Implement all Emergency programs; business continuity, disaster recovery planning and ensuring all equipment is maintained, inspected, tested and remediated through regular safety drills to ensure recovery processes are effective.
Acquiring, training and retaining facility employees and contractors, such as maintenance staff and outsourced staff.
Handling certain administrative tasks, such as preparing reports for upper management and stakeholders.
Ensuring the security of the building by researching and implementing various measures to abide by Emiri Guard Security policies
Responding to emergency situations and incidents, implementing crisis containment plans and ensure extended coverage and additional resources to resolve the day’s issues are mobilized effectively to mitigate and/or remediate issues.
Preparing, maintaining and controlling the inventory stock for all maintenance items and negotiating with procurement to improve BPA (Blanket Purchase Agreements).
Ensuring that maintenance plans and schedules for a range of assets are prepared and implemented into EMS-CAFM. Experience
04/2010-12/2017 Qatar Foundation Doha-Qatar
Senior Facilities Engineer - Archibus CAFM
Responsible for the management of facilities services with accurate identification, classification and coding of equipment on in terms of effectiveness, efficiency and best value and in the provision managed by Qatar Foundation (QF) Operations & Maintenance supported by architecting and exploiting the ARCHIBUS Computer Aided Facilities Management (CAFM) suite. Responsibilities:
Effectively managed O&M department’s incl. external tenants, suppliers, vendors, contractors delivering 24/7 best practise maintenance services.
Regularly collaborated with external suppliers, consultants, contractors, sub-contracted services and internal Core (Cross Functional) departments to assess, detail & improve on the integrity conditions of the facilities, infrastructure and assets.
DoB 25/7/1978 Marital Status: Married Nationality: Sri Lankan Languages: English, Hindi, Tamil and Malayalam
Collected maintenance data, transformed it electronically useable formats and implement in CAFM and maintained accuracy of Asset Registrar in CAFM.
Analysed entire functions and annual maintenance activities and established work schedules (PMS), assignments, as per contractual requirements (Annual Maintenance Contract (AMC) or under warranty) and maintained WR related data (PPM) through reports periodically.
Monitored PMS defined due dates or meter-based (MTBF and MTTR) and controlled all times production volumes, conditions and specifications in Planned Maintenance Task/Activities.
Collaborated with management to formulate Codes of Practice and implement policies, and procedures ensuring permit to work
(PTW) is implemented with QHSE and COSHH legislation.
Assisted the senior management, security, contractors, vendors and QF clients to provide strategic level targets and organisational objectives.
Directed periodic inspections of infrastructure and equipment ensuring Business Continuity Plan and Contingency Plan are updated.
Maintained backlog of essential short/long-term maintenance requirements during on/off peak seasons.
Ensured proper conduct of maintenance, Security, Health and Safety policies are reviewed through Quality Assurance, Facilities Inspection Findings to maintain local legal rules (local Municipality) and terms & conditions set by insurance companies for work force, infrastructure and facilities.
Liaised with procurement for timely purchase to maintain accuracy of spare parts inventory, materials, consumables and other items by regularly collecting, documenting and inputting information in the ERP integrated with CAFM.
Formulated, forecasted and reported approved CAPEX & OPEX cost/budget allocation, cost control and profitability to ensure property financial O&M are within budgetary constraints and non-conformance highlighted.
Ensured O&M information is updated and complies with Health & Safety; carried out Job Hazard Analyses (JHA), HSE requirements with local legal authorities.
Day to day management of the infrastructure and facilities services ‘hard and soft’ through control of local suppliers, consultants, contractors, vendors, resources and sub-contracted services ensuring all involved are adhering to organisation and client operational agreed standards.
Ensured the maintenance scope of works planned, PTW approved and work progress coordinated with O&M division in union with cross functional departments such as procurement and finance to avoid detrimental impacts.
Directed departmental scope of work upon contractor performance evaluation, Reliability and Availability analysis in consideration of cost, resources optimisation and disaster recovery.
Ensured risk assessments are carried out and risk registrar and method statements updated to minimise business risk and maximise effective response to for Crisis Management (Reliability and Availability).
Conducted trend analysis through root cause analysis (RCA) for all failure codes associated with asset/equipment.
Participated in Accident & Incident Investigation root cause analysis (RCA) and action item are monitored to correct unsafe conditions and strengthen Business Continuity.
Acted regularly as the primary interface between O&M management, clients, customer, core services and project specification and management exceed customers’ satisfaction, KPI and service level agreement is maintained.
Regularly monitored helpdesk calls and establish communication through personal contact and regular meetings to complete customer satisfactory survey to aid ongoing development and continuous improvement of service.
Carried out Emergency Fire evacuation drills as per Civil Defence regulations in collaboration with HSSE directorate.
Carried out Emergency duty manager out of hours providing reactive plan. Supported internal & external teams to ensure that the same standards are reflected on PPM and on demand WR respectively.
Conducted interviews using various reliable personnel in the hiring process, provided training programs, assisted clients, carried out end user education, staff appraisals, service teams, contractor workforce and designed team building initiatives.
Assisted the management with accommodation issues and updated of office occupancy plan and execute accommodation moves and modifications (projects) for the planned growth of the department.
Participated and assisted O&M division, vendors, and contractors in the audit function of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 and Health & Safety legislation and policies requirements so to make sure drawings and documents are kept updated.
Participated in Tender documenting, contractor/vendor selection, bid review process and onsite management. Negotiated with third party vendors and contractors in finalising contract award for various facilities and assets.
DoB 25/7/1978 Marital Status: Married Nationality: Sri Lankan Languages: English, Hindi, Tamil and Malayalam Past Professional Experiences:
PROJACS - Qatar Olympic
CMMS System Engineer (IBM Maximo CMMS) Doha-Qatar
08/06-12/07 15th Doha Asian Games IT&T Helpdesk Supervisor Doha-Qatar 10/05-06/06 Getronics Group 4 Securicor Client Relationship Manager – IT & IS Northampton-UK 06/02-08/05 Icratec Business Solutions IT&T Helpdesk Supervisor / Team Leader London-UK 02/00-05/02 Barclaycard Call Centre Utilisation Consultant Northampton-UK Professional Skills
Communication skills Teamwork Analytical & Problem-solving Personal management Interpersonal effectiveness
Computer/technical literacy Leadership/management Strong work values Customer Satisfaction Client and Stakeholder Management Contract and Vendor Management Change Management Training and Coaching Reliability Centred Maintenance
Shared Services Management SLA Governance & Monitoring KPI Business Plan Modelling Budget Formulation Risk Management
Certifications & Membership Bodies
Reliability Centred Maintenance Performance Excellence BARCO Innovation to Solutions Statistics &Reporting CMMS FMP
(Facilities Management Professional) by IFMA BIFM Industry Specifics IT/IS skills
MS Office CAFM (MAXIMO, ARCHIBUS CMMS BIM BMS ERP SAP ERM SharePoint SCADA BARCO Higher Education
1999-2002 University College Northampton (UCN) Northampton-UK Bachelor Degree: Business Information Systems
Facilities Management Main Achievements:
● Established a methodological approach to the capture of operational information in more than 80 properties ● Coded enriched and loaded approximately 50,000 operational assets into CAFM Suite ● Formulated more than 1,000 Planned Preventive Maintenance (PPM) tasks and activity lists ● Produced an average of 80,000 comprehensive operational maintenance plans ● Fortnightly analysed and generated 5,000 PPM Work Requests (WR). Stability &
● Carried out periodic reviews of over 80,000 Planned Maintenance Schedule (PMS) of HVAC, MEP, Electrical, Instrumentation and Civil ● Produced an average of 8,000 Planned Maintenance Schedule (PMS) covering LV/HV, DB’s & SMDB’s, FAHU, HVAC, AHU, UPS, FCU, VFD, appliances, travellators, escalators & elevators, fire prevention, sprinkler systems & fire alarm, tanks, storm drains & drainage systems etc ● Released more than 80 Blanket Purchase Agreements (BPA).
● Analysed and drafted business rules for the integration of ERP finance modules with the CAFM system ● Drafted the annual budget requirements for Operations &Maintenance (O&M) FM expenditure since 2010 ● Effectively scrutinized and processed over 1000 invoices from contractors in accordance with the contract requirements. Stakeholder
● Developed more than 50 CAFM reports to provide technical and management support to O&M (FM) ● Designed and published over 70 daily, weekly, monthly Management Information (MI) reports to management ● Coordinated with over 90 QF clients to ensure all workers on and off site under O&M (FM) underwent Workplace Health and Safety Environment (WHSE) training and induction prior to commencing any duties. Human
● Evaluated over 200 vendors provided training courses and recommended a structured programme of training for staff with varied experience, including newly inducted Qatari nationals and went on to implement the same ● Provided over 1000 CAFM training sessions to support partners and end users on effective utilisation of CAFM ● Mentored and contributed to the Career Development Programmes (CDP) of almost 60% of the Qatari National intake and operational staff.
● Wrote directed and produced a feature movie presentation showcasing the above, as part of Qatar Sustainability Week that was distributed to all staff and shown at company town-halls ● Wrote directed and produced a feature movie presentation for team building activity knowns as “PERVAISIVE SYMPOSIUM” that was distributed to all staff and shown at company town-halls ● Helped to raise awareness of the challenges and achievements of the O&M (FM) organisation and their many achievements by soliciting the interest of the official QF magazine and was centrally featured giving an interview.
References available upon request.