RAND J. ZELEZNIK, PMP, MBA
PMP-CERTIFIED SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
Extensive experience driving innovative, cost-saving, straight-through-processing solutions for several world-leading financial services firms. Proven track record running strategic and regulatory programs to ensure "best-in-class" securities processing, asset servicing, and anti-money laundering.
Product Development / Process Improvement / International Settlements (GLOSS and BR SME) Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) AML Compliance / SEC Financial Responsibility Rules Dodd Frank Resolution & Recovery / Strategic Planning / Systems Development Agile and Waterfall Methodologies / Procurement and Outsourcing PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
J.P. MORGAN CHASE, Asset and Wealth Management - New York, NY July 2018 - Present Project Manager, Contractor
Conducted Third Party Oversight of 67 Financial Market Utilities (Agent Banks, Clearing Brokers, Prime Brokers, Depositories and Clearinghouses)
● Combined Quantitative Analysis (Transaction Volume, Total Assets, Expenses & Fees, Service Scorecards, Credit Ratings) with Qualitative Analysis (Due Diligence, Cyber Security, AML / KYC Controls, Business Continuity, Alternative Strategies, Contract & Legal)
● Calculated multiple Risk Scores & Relationship Tiers; applied Sensitivity Analysis; baselined the results; and presented final "retain or exit" recommendations for senior directors approval
● Designed advanced real-time scorecards and heat maps to consolidate evidence collection, report status, and approval flows.
● Managed and upgraded the risk scoring and relationship tier models BANK OF AMERICA MERRILL LYNCH, Global Technology and Operations – Jersey City, NJ 2017 - June 2018 Project Manager, Contractor
Work Stream Owner within an Enterprise-wide Legal Entity Broker / Dealer restructuring program. Responsibilities include:
● Managed and executed the go-live migration of stock record positions between new broker dealers.
● Designed advanced analytical tools to identify and remediate Stock Record and Trial Balance inter-company breaks.
● Built new forecasting models to ensure newly split legal entities can each meet their daily 15,c,3-3 safekeeping requirements
● Mentored staff and lead the team by example
J.P. MORGAN CHASE, Corporate & Investment Bank - Brooklyn, NY 2008– 2016 Vice President, Program Manager and Product Development Manager, International Settlements
● Budgeted and tracked the EMEA and APAC book of work: over 200 Prime Services, Institutional and Custody automation initiatives totaling $13 million. Chaired weekly prioritization & post-implementation calls,
● Deployed new OFAC / AML Reference Data and Reporting Controls across several settlement platforms.
● Drove successful RFI / RFP vendor selection programs for Asset Servicing and Electronic Delivery of customer statements and confirmations, forecasting significant productivity saves and 80% reduction in print & mail costs.
● Executed strategic merger between JPMorgan Securities and Chase Investment Services Corp, consolidating private wealth customer bases, and thereby improved cross-selling of products.
● Managed internal controls review program to ensure compliance with SEC Financial Responsibility Rules.
● Facilitated Resolution & Recovery program to ensure compliance with Dodd Frank regulations. Collated and published Fed-mandated schedules of critical action plans, vendor contracts, and dual-signatures.
● Directed staff to automate unit costs for 100+ operations services, ensuring more effective invoicing and cost recovery from our lines of business.
● Published Run Book for firm-wide Euro Exit Contingency Strategic Planning. Page 1
RAND J. ZELEZNIK, page 2
BEAR STEARNS & CO. - Brooklyn, NY (acquired by JP Morgan in 2008) 2000 – 2008 Managing Director, International Settlements Special Projects (2000 –2008)
● Slashed expenses by automating key functions, and improving communication of policies and regulatory compliance. Liaise with selected business areas to identify, test and implement their requirements.
● Incorporated AML controls into our settlement system to ensure compliance with global industry regulations.
● Upgraded our Gloss securities settlement system to clear up to five hundred thousand trades per day in 82 global markets
● Invented an innovative, real-time global delivery management system which forecasts delivery obligations, and enables settlements managers to cross border securities at the click of a button.
● Created an Online Fail Reporting / Exposure Monitoring System, an Interest Claim system, and a Bank Fee / Ticket Charge system.
● Designed an Online Netting and Pair-Off System, as well as net settlements for HKSE CNS, Euro-next and Italian transactions. Executive Director, International Settlements Prior to 2000
● Increased system performance and reduced processing costs by reengineering the vendor Gloss-HV multi-currency settlement application, and turned it into proprietary Gloss, an efficient, real-time memory processing system to quadruple processing speed.
● Deployed over two hundred and fifty multi-architecture trade capture routines for both proprietary trading desks and client hedge funds.
● Implemented electronic links between 80 International markets and DTC, including a Workflow-based Automated ADR conversion system, and an ACATS and Balance Order settlement system.
● Facilitated the firm’s self-clearing memberships in the United Kingdom. Switzerland, Germany, Hong Kong and Euroclear via automation.
● Introduced wide array of trade, and journal entry “dual posting” routines, which facilitate inter-company accounting and multi-currency bookkeeping.
● Enabled the expansion of foreign exchange trading in the emerging markets and Russia, precious metals trading and ETFs via automation.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
NEW YORK UNIVERSITY, STERN SCHOOL OF BUSINESS, New York, NY MASTERS OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION IN FINANCE BINGHAMTON UNIVERSITY, SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT, Binghamton, NY BACHELORS OF SCIENCE IN ACCOUNTING CERTIFICATIONS & LEADERSHIP
PROJECT MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL (PMP)
SCRUM MASTER CERTIFIED (SMC) - EXPECTED JULY 2019
FINRA SERIES 99 - OPERATIONS PROFESSIONAL
CERTIFIED INFORMATION SYSTEMS AUDITOR (CISA)
CORPORATE MENTOR AND COLLEGE RECRUITER
GLOSS SWIFT EUROCLEAR DTCC NSCC CDS
CREST CCASS CLS CREATION CASCADE SEGA
MICROSOFT OFFICE SUITE - INCLUDING EXPERT EXCEL FLUENCY Page 2