firstname.lastname@example.org (2 6 9 ) 873- 3 1 4 5
* ***** ** ********** ********** in upholding quality, safety and reliability in non-destructive testing industry. Lean Six Sigma Green Belt and OSHA certified with strong leadership qualities to lead fellow colleagues towards organization’s vision.
Implementation of various continuous improvements methods to improvise process and uphold quality in previous experiences.
Cultivate and maintain key relationships within management, strategic partners, clients, vendors and colleagues. MASTER OF SCIENCE IN ENGINEERING MANAGEMENT, CGPA: 3.70 January 2017- April 2019 WESTERN MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN AERONAUTICAL ENGINEERING, CGPA: 3.21 August 2011- April 2014 WESTERN MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY
Continuous Improvement Intern January 2018 - June 2018 WL Molding – Portage, MI
• Identified Value-Added, Necessary Value Added and Necessary Non-Value-Added process for fire fighter handle.
• Performed “Gemba-walk” and root cause analysis to identify feasible continuous improvement methods to shorten the lead time.
• Developed the target Value-Stream Map (VSM) and process map which led to reduction in lead time by 2.3 hours per day. Continuous Improvement Semester Project January 2017 - April 2017 TESTEX, INC. – South Bend, IN
• Successfully instigated “Toyota-Kata” method to analyze data more effectively and accurately resulting in reduction in data analysis from 2.5 hours to 1 hour.
• Upheld the quality of data analysis by executing PDCA and revising the data analysis procedure.
• Succeeded in developing and maintaining adept communication between managers and subordinates. Enabled cohesive work team.
• Resolved new engineers FAQ’s on data analysis procedures and created a handbook on common problems. Quality And Reliability Engineer – Non-Destructive Testing September 2014 - November 2016 TESTEX, INC. – South Bend, IN
• Spearheaded chiller inspections and effectively reduced the Eddie Current inspection time from 3 days to 2 days.
• Oversaw the implementation of Quality Assurance processes for pre-analytical, analytical and post analytical testing of UT testing.
• Outpaced company’s old protocol by implementing 6S to organize workplace to be more efficient and safer.
• Identified critical path items to ensure a smooth project flow by developing reliable strategy to complete projects.
• Verified environments to ensure appropriate testing conditions, as well as adherence to safety standards using appropriate PPE.
• Successfully completed technical drawings of plant layout ahead of quoted time.
• Participated in American Petroleum Industry (API) inspections vessels, under the observation of licensed personnel. Research Assistant January 2012 - April 2014
WESTERN MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY – Kalamazoo, MI
• Utilized Electron Back Scatter Diffraction (EBSD) to examine the crystallographic orientation of Magnesium alloys.
• Modified and implemented process improvement, resulting in streamlined Electron Microscope scanning procedure.
• Authored technical paper entitled, “The Evolution of Crystallography Structure during Cold Rolling of Novel Magnesium Alloy”. Software: MS Project, AutoCAD, Abaqus, Romax, LabVIEW, Minitab, TurboCAD, SketchUp, MS Visio and Eddie Current Software. Management Skills: Continuous Improvement, Leadership in Engineering environment, Service Operation, Project Management, Concurrent Engineering, Integration of IT with business, Production and Operation Management, Capital Budgeting.
• Certified Six Sigma Green Belt personnel.
• OSHA – General Industry Safety and Health certified.
• Initiated as Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honor Society Member.
• Mechanical & Aeronautical Engineering Department Merit Scholarship
• Office of the Vice President for Research (OVPR) Undergraduate Research Excellence Award PROFESSIONAL SUMMARY
CERTIFICATION AND AWARDS