SUSHANTA KUMAR BHATTACHARYYA, PE
Calgary, AB T3G 5X5, Canada
*** **** **** ***** **. Apt F
Indianapolis, IN 46240, USA
Phone:403-***-**** Email: email@example.com
[Can work in USA for any employer in TN Status]
• Highly experienced structural engineer with a record of developing and supporting successful projects and solutions.
• Successfully maintain budgets, personnel management, and regulatory compliance.
• Efficiently incorporate methods to improve performance and drive savings.
• Consistently recognized and tasked by executive management to improve organizational effectiveness and efficiency. Works with each organization to improve/correct areas for improvement using established corrective action program/performance improvement program.
• Exceptional leadership that aligns identified needs with project scope, while mitigating risk.
• Diverse ability to manage project lifecycle from inception through scoping and final release. Specific Career Highlights:
Experience in the analysis and detail design of heavy industrial steel and concrete structures, including multi- story frame structures, multilevel pipe racks, as well as horizontal and vertical vessels support structures, concrete pads for electrical substation and small towers, manholes etc.
Design of deep and shallow foundations such as concrete and steel piles, pile caps, concrete rafts, base plates, foundation bolts, and plinth beams.
Design foundation and super structure of different type of buildings and remodeling/ renovation of existing buildings.
Field engineering expertise including erection of steel structures, construction of concrete piles and pile caps, equipment foundations, building structures and underground concrete bunkers. EDUCATION & TRAINING
Bachelor of Engineering, Civil, University of Calcutta, India Professional Engineer (PE), Idaho, USA, Professional Engineer (P.Eng), Alberta, Canada TECHNICAL PROFICIENCIES
Engineering & Design Package: Staad.Pro, Staad Foundation, Risa 3D, Ram Element, MS Project, S-Frame, S-Steel, C-Sect, Smart Plant Review, Auto Cad 2016 Office Package: MS Word, MS Power Point, MS Access, MS Outlook, Mathcad, MS Excel PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
TECHNIPOWER, INDIANAPOLIS, IN, USA Dec 2017 – Current Served for CMID Inc. at Indianapolis as Structural Engineer.
• Design of concrete pads of electrical equipment/ small towers, light pole etc
• Structural design of manholes, clarifier tank, aeration chamber for water treatment plant, swimming pools etc.
• Modification and design of lift stations, water intake structure, Industrial steel and concrete strutures etc.
• Structural design of inspection platform & room above wellheads. MCCLURE ENGINEERING, TWIN FALLS, ID, USA Sep 2015 - Mar 2017 STRUCTURAL ENGINEER
• Design of support structure for cooling towers, condensers, steel tank etc. various equipment including analysis of existing structures for additional load.
• Engineering design super structure and foundation of residential and commercial buildings which also include renovation (remodeling/ strengthening) of existing structures.
• Inspection and analyze foundations and structures of different existing structures such as stone crusher (at Sweden), industrial structures, residential and commercial buildings etc. and evaluate strength as well as provide recommendation for required rectification (if any) of those. Sushanta Bhattacharyya Resume, Page 2
CANADIAN NATURAL RESOURCES LIMITED, ALBERTA, CANADA Mar 2011 – Jan2015 ENGINEER CIVIL / STRUCTURAL, CANADIAN NATURAL RESOURCES LIMITED HORIZON OIL & SANDS
• Worked within the upgrading and utility mechanical engineering department, managing the technical portion of civil and structural projects related to operation and maintenance.
• Prepared cost estimates, site data, and construction documentation based on design layout for a variety of structures including underground concrete tanks.
• Managed the modification and maintenance of plant facilities which include engineering design of steel and concrete structures, shallow foundations, pile foundations and adjoining pile caps, preparation of Bill of Materials, and the development of drawings.
Delivered detailed design for repair of damaged pipe support and transmission tower structure, as well as for various types of structural platforms for access various equipment at different levels.
• Designed temporary steel structures for removal and replacement of horizontal vessels.
• Monitored and implemented corrective actions in response to changes /deviations that take place during execution of work packages.
• Managed work orders and determine requirements and priorities the same as a Plant Engineer.
• Served as engineering liaison and lead technical contact with construction group for successful execution of work packages.
Provided solution to the vibration of the structure at the Diluent Recovery Unit.
Structural design for repair of damaged high tension steel tower and replacement of damaged members.
Provide technical support for repair of Coker drums.
Stopped chemical leakage and successfully repaired concrete wall at Chemical Storage Building.
Enhanced efficiency of maze screen through modification and redesign based on engineering analysis. PETRO-EX CANADA Jan 2010 –Feb 2011
SENIOR CIVIL ENGINEER
• Served at the Serti Oil Company Libya as a key member of the civil design group of technical department, performing engineering designs for various projects.
• Designed equipment and compressor foundations, as well as all pumps and adjoining pipe racks.
• Delivered detail engineering for the repair of cracked foundations on pipe racks at numerous locations.
• Prepared engineering for repairs of roof on various structural sheds and buildings.
• Managed maintenance projects related to civil / structural engineering.
• Prepared engineering specifications and scope of work for tendering processes. WORLEYPARSONS CANADA Apr 2006 – Oct 2008
CIVIL / STRUCTURAL ENGINEER
Served integral part on several projects, including:
• Shell Canada Ltd. – Albian Sands Energy Expansion (Fully integrated 100,000 barrel-per-day expansion of oil sands mining and upgrading facilities at Jackpine Mines.)
• Detail Engineering, supervision and finalization of engineering deliverables and preparation of material take off.
• Coordination among different groups for optimizing quality, time and cost of engineering deliverables. Select Accomplishments:
• Analysis and Detail engineering of different modular steel structures which includes
• Exchanger supporting structure at Tailing Solvent Recovery Unit (TSRU) area (42m high x 20m x 20m) which provide support for heat exchangers, horizontal vessels and many pipes
• Support structure for vertical vessel 30m high at TSRU area.
• 20m high Degassing unit supporting structure at Solvent Recovery Unit (SRU) area for supporting horizontal vessels, pipes and cable trays.
• Multilevel pipe racks.
• Detail foundation design of the above mentioned structures as well as defoamer tank which include concrete raft, steel and concrete piles and pile caps.
• Suncor Energy Inc. – Firebag Pipeline Projects (Multi-billion dollar project for piping of bitumen from Firebag operation to upgrader situated at west bank of Athabasca River at Fort McMurray.)
• Detail engineering and preparation of construction work packages for the following:
• Industrial buildings and gantry girders, pipe racks, Concrete retaining walls etc.
• Foundations of above and flare stacks which include steel pipe piles, pile caps and concrete raft. Sushanta Bhattacharyya Resume, Page 3
SNC LAVALIN INC., CANADA July 2005 – Dec 2005
SENIOR CIVIL / STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING SPECIALIST
Performed preliminary engineering for projects mentioned below: Saudi ARAMCO – Southern Sea Water Capacity Expansion ($ 2500 million project for increment of capacity up to 9 million bpd.) and Saudi ARAMCO – Hawiyah Gas Plant Expansion Projets (Multi billion dollar projects for increment of capacity of gas plant to 4 billion cfd gas.) STEEL AUTHORITY OF INDIA LIMITED, Jan 1982 – Dec 2004 SENIOR ENGINEER, PROJECTS DIVISION (ASP),
As a key member of project team performed following project management responsibility:
Managing internal resources and external consultants to complete engineering deliverable.
Prepared schedules for capital projects and take part in preparation of capital budget.
Coordinate operation and maintenance group for engineering recommendation to address equipment problems and cost effective production.
Monitoring capital projects and report preparation.
Provide engineering support during field execution of projects. In addition to that as an engineer of the project team performed engineering in many projects. Highlights of performance are as follows:
o Conversion of Electrical Power Soaking Pits to Fuel Power Soaking Pits o Transportation Facilities Expansion inside Plant o Balancing Facilities of Steel Melting Shop – To increase capacity of 0.26 million ton per annum. o Planning of Small Township for Industrial Security Personnel o Auditorium for 200 persons
o Accomplished following activities as field engineer in Stage II Expansion Project – To increase annual Alloy Steel production capacity from 0.16 million ton to 0.23 million ton
• Supervised site levelling and checking of finished ground level.
• Performed technical supervision on construction of concrete and steel piles including pile caps, equipment foundations, underground concrete bunkers, erection of steel structures etc.
• Developed construction schedule and monitored, generated quantity report and monthly progress report for the above.
• Developed and maintained quality management system for field work and supervised quality control during construction.
• Identified, processed and monitored Change orders/ Variation Orders.
• Assisted management in resolving contractual discrepancies, ambiguity, divergent opinion and interpretation.
Reference: Available upon request