Seda B Saar
Seda@design Seda Baghdasarian Saar
Creative, resourceful and dedicated CCIDC Certified Interior Designer, and Art Director with BIM experience on corporate, institutional and themed entertainment projects. An excellent team member and high- performance leader with an outstanding history of quality, integrity, and work ethic; has lead projects from concept design to construction, meeting project goals in a timely and budget-conscious manner. Demonstrated strength in finding solutions to design problems and passionate to create the best user experience. Track record and qualifications also include: Client and team development, highly effective communication skills, resourceful decision-making, professional and personal integrity, cost management and control, excellence in leadership and staff support Identify and manage project milestones and resources. SKILLS
innovative technology/ media/ experiential design. Project / Vendors/ Team Management, Sketching and Rendering freehand or digital using Adobe CS, AutoCAD, Revit, Enscape, or other software. Microsoft Word, Excel and Project, Bluebeam Revu.
Studio SBS, Malibu, CA 2/2002-4/2019
Owner/ Freelance consultant/Contractor
• Designed themed attractions, Interiors for Retail, Restaurant, Corporate office, Luxury Residential, Theater Set Design, Production Design for Feature Film (Winner LA FILM Fest 2011), Themed Attraction Design Concepts (Landmark Entertainment), and mini theme park (Paramount) Pop-up Museum
• Successfully presented concepts to clients and represented owners to city and building owners, project management during construction, schedule, and onsite management of vendors to meet goals.
• Logo, Environmental Graphics and Signage, Display Graphics, Branding and Facade Design.
• All work done using freehand concept sketches, Adobe CC, Sketch Up, Revit and AutoCAD.
• Proposals for new projects with potential clients, color and material boards, local code review and submittal.
SELBERT PERKINS DESIGN, Playa Del Rey, CA (Contractor) 7-9/2016 & 9-10/2017 Environment Designer and Illustrator
• Concept Design and Illustration for Arizona State University
• Concept Design and Illustration for Universal Beijing Resort
• Concept Design and Illustration for the City of Las Vegas
• Hand and Photoshop Renderings, sketches, ideas for wayfinding, graphics, branding CUNINGHAM GROUP ARCHITECTURE, Culver City, CA (Contractor) 9- 12/2016 Senior Interior Designer
• Senior Interior Designer for Themed Retail, Restaurant overseeing Revit models from concept phase through design development phase.
• Supported and coordinated (architects, interior designers, structural, mechanical, plumbing, electrical and show set) team members vendors and consultants.
• Assisted CGA in developing their Interiors Revit content library.
• Created concepts, floor plans, elevations, sections, queue studies, code review, metric and imperial, overseeing junior designers and encouraging and mentoring design solutions. Seda B Saar
222 Monterey Rd., Unit 206, Glendale CA 91206 T 818-***-**** UNIVERSAL CREATIVE, Hollywood, CA 1995-1999
Principal Interior Designer/ Lead Showset Designer/ Production Designer
• Marvel Superhero Island: Created new innovative and interactive interior and exterior concepts based on research and study of characters and comics for Universal’s Islands of Adventure in Orlando, FL.
• Designed concepts for themed retail and restaurant venues: Marvel and Jurassic; show set designs for Cat in the Hat and Seuss Trolley, at UIOA, Orlando, FL. Interior Design and Show/set package: Jurassic Discovery Center and River Adventure, Jaws/ Amity Village, Waterworld Live Spectacular, Osaka, USJ.
• Designed concept development through design development of new attractions, dark rides, show elements, facades, retail and dining interiors. Presentation to UIOA/USJ executives and investors.
• Directed Interior Design and collaborated with architects, art directors, creating & implementing drawing standards, code compliance, seating layouts, floor finish plans, area development, architecture and show and interiors integration, budget adherence and coordination with vendors and consultants.
• Created new standards, hired new team members and mentored show set team.
• Created Show set designs and dark ride ideas for Cat in the Hat – 47 scenes, Concept thru DD.
• Developed scenes from the story of “Sneetches” in each building for a complex Seuss Trolley Train Ride, travelling through various buildings. C reated new outdoor interactive exterior environments, facades.
• Assisted Sr. Art Director and Production Designer in creation of schematic, design development and construction documents, reviewing prop/ scene plans, ride elevations, sections, special effects and figure action/ animations design refinement for Seuss Trolley Train Ride.
• Oversaw a team of CAD production and design personnel in the development of documents for bid.
• Reviewed project costs, budgets and adherence to schedules, utilizing AutoCAD, and Adobe Creative Suite software creating dimensional scale drawings and models detailing construction methods and integration of various show elements with each other, interiors and the facility architecture.
• Provided turn-key solutions for show set design, reviewed architectural integration of show/ride and building systems, with project architect, ride/ track engineer and project director. BRC IMAGINATION ARTS, BURBANK, CA 1994-1995
Showset/ Interior Designer
• Created proposals and developed new plans, sections and elevations, renderings for various projects: StarTrek: The Experience (Theater Seating, Retail, Restaurant)
• Extensive concepts for Mars Base 5, Red Rock Café, Starlight Lounge, at Space Center, Bremen, GR. Created Renderings, Plans and elevations, Extensive research and implementation of Science fact/ fantasy for a futuristic theme park on the planet. IWERKS ENTERTAINMENT, BURBANK, CA 1993-1994
• Designer for Cinetropolis- a 33,000 sq. ft. 4 level Urban Entertainment Center, with Iwerks products: Turboride, Theater 360, Giant Screen Theater, Virtual Reality Game Center, around a central plaza with dining and retail venues.
• Created proposals and developed new plans, sections and elevations, renderings for various locations. Built at Foxwoods Casino Resort, US, China and Japan.
• Developed concept design and presentation drawings.
• Built concept model and shadow boxes with other team members (4).
• Learned high-tech motion based projection systems theater design, created innovative experiential design. Seda B Saar
222 Monterey Rd., Unit 206, Glendale CA 91206 T 818-***-**** FDA ARCHITECTS, Glendale, CA 1991-1993
Architectural Designer/ Job Captain
• Themed retail architectural designer for WDI projects including Tomorrowland renovation, The Disney Stores prototype at Glendale Galleria, then national and international stores (Paris, London, Tokyo, etc.), KCET Store of Knowledge, William Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Borders, Motherhood, Laura Ashley, Guess flagship store.
• Responsible for developing concept sketches, creating construction documents, coordination and presentation.
URS INC, Long Beach, CA 1989-1991
Interior Design Director/ Job Captain
• Worked on small to medium institutional and historic renovation projects. Glendale Civic Auditorium and Glendale Adventist, other hospital and school projects.
• Developed programs with clients for each of their requirements.
• Prepared projects from design phase to construction document phase.
• Prepared some specifications for projects.
• Learned construction administration of the projects, and presentation to public city council meetings.
• Learned 3D/BIM software and created walk-thru’ s of interiors.
• All work done in AutoCAD.
INTEL CORPORATION, Santa Clara, CA 1986-1989
Facilities Space Planner
• Used AutoCAD to prepare construction documents for capital improvement projects.
• Project management of ongoing improvements- Designed CEO Andy Grove executive offices, teleconference rooms, corporate cafeterias, test and computer rooms, budget, estimates, bid package review and contractor and vendor selection and construction administration and management.
• All drawings done by AutoCAD, Interior Finishes and Specifications documentation.
• Passed NCARB Registration Sections.
A T & T INC., Pleasanton, CA 1984-1986
• Assistant to Corporate in-house architect. Space planning and design of corporate lobbies and facilities.
• Interior Design, open plan system creative workspace design and presentation, color/material boards for tenant improvement projects for new and existing buildings, San Francisco HQ, Los Angeles, Western US.
• Design of the first Teleconference and Videoconference facility. (Patent AT&T) EDUCATION
Santa Monica College, Santa Monica, CA
Green Design, Digital Design + Rendering Courses
PEPPERDINE UNIVERSITY, Malibu, CA 2011- 2014
Art History Courses
ART CENTER COLLEGE, Pasadena, CA 1995- 2004
Courses in Environmental Design, Life Drawing, Painting, Storyboarding for Film. LONDON METROPOLITAN UNIVERSITY, London, United Kingdom 1979-1982 Bachelor of Arts Interior Architecture/ Society of Industrial Artists and Designers (SIAD) SOUTH THAMES COLLEGE, London, U.K. 1978-1979
Foundation Course in Art and Design 1978- 1979