Scott C. Kleist
Arlington, TX. *****
March 29, 2018-
Present Roland Technology Group Project Engineer. 6600 Chase Oaks Blvd Plano, Texas.
● New Client on Boarding
● VMWare upgrades and migrations
● Break fix Servers and workstations
● Install configure Dell Sonicwall firewalls
● Setup point to point vpn connections (Sonicwalls)
● Install Dell/Microsoft 2016 Servers.
● Install and manage Ubiquiti wireless access points
● Install Microsoft Office 365
● Setup Azure domain syncing
● Recommended upgrades and proposals
● Troubleshoot Microsoft Exchange 2007-2016.
May 30, 2017- Server Support NCE/HPE subcontractor. Citi Data Center, Roanoke Texas March 22, 2018
● Break fix Oracle/Sun servers in the data center
● Order parts for servers when needed
● Help HPE techs with Decommissioning servers in HPE hosted domains
● Pull Data cabling in the Data Center for connection to new or moved devices.
● Confirm with customers that servers and devices are performing properly December 11, 2016- Network Technician KC Computer Sales, Whitewater Wisconsin. May 15, 2017
● Non-Managed services department
● multiple locations (approximately 220 clients)
● maintain/update and repair network and server/workstations
● maintain backups and manage backup systems for clients
● Maintain backups of work product.
● Configure routers and switches for small business systems. (clients)
● Trouble shooting and Configuration of Sophos and Untangle firewalls for clients.
● Setup and installed/renewed Symantec Endpoint Protection Servers and Workstations to Version 14.0.1
● Setup a Dell R710 VMware ESXI 6.0 host and migrated 6 Servers to reside on it
● Worked on a Dell 2950 ESXI 5.1 Host and migrated the previously mentioned VM’s from this machine to the Dell R710
August 18, 2015- Network Technician, Healthcare Data Systems, Nashotah, Wisconsin. October 11, 2016
identify and correct network, software and hardware issues throughout the network including
multiple locations (approximately 120 clients)
maintain/update and repair network and server/workstations
maintain backups and manage backup systems for clients
Maintain backups of work product.
Configure routers and switches for small business systems.(clients)
Setup users on the HCDS hosted medical EMR system.
Created Users in Active directory for connectors to SQL McKesson EMR Databases
Setup users on the local billing service system.
Created 2 new VMWare Hosts ESXI 5.5 for hosting multiple operating systems on locally supported systems
Setup multiple Fortinet routers for small offices that need remote connectivity to their systems. Jun. 12, 2012 –
July 21 2015 IT Director/Network Administrator, Uniroyal Engineered Products Stoughton, Wisconsin
Advise and approve all network/technology solutions
Oversee the operations and maintenance of all servers and devices on the Uniroyal Engineered Products network.
Set-up all multimedia equipment.
Identify and correct network, software and hardware issues throughout the network including multiple locations
maintain/update and repair network and server/workstations
maintain backups and manage email archives
maintain backups of work product of past employees
manage and troubleshoot the phone system
manage and troubleshoot surveillance cameras
upgraded several virtual servers from windows 2003sp2 to windows 2008R2 (late 2012)
upgraded the domain from 2003 to 2008 (2003 functional level) ( 2013)
migrated exchange 2003 to exchange 2010 with separate hub and mailbox servers and databases
created virtual wireless barcode scanning server to sync warehouse products to SAP using Oracle 10g Express Edition
replaced and upgraded internal switches at the Stoughton facility
Created New users in Active directory for company end users with proper security protocals
set-up security protocol for company recipes for proper permissions and access
investigate/recommend consultants for projects to save time and travel expenses
Virtualized SAP Development, Quality and Production hardware servers to new VMWare redundant hosts
(4/20/2014) Upgraded routers at multiple locations to support GRE tunnels through the Current VLANS already set up on their system, for possible future MPLS connectivity.
New VMware hosts created on HP ProLiant DL380s
Setup new Raid 6 Volumes
Manage Data repository (SAN) Rebuild Data store after adding more hard drive space and rebuild required.
Aug. 04, 2004 –
June. 12, 2012 Network Administrator, Lake Country School District Hartland, Wisconsin
Oversee the operations of the computer centers
Instruct certified teachers/staff regarding the use of computer applications for student instruction
Set-up all multimedia equipment
Identify and correct network, software and hardware issues throughout the building
Complete and submit applications/paperwork for state funded programs
Maintain and repair network and server/workstations
Install and update all software
Maintain backups and manages email archives
Manage and troubleshoot phone system
Manage and troubleshoot surveillance cameras
Maintain all electronic equipment inventories
Maintain and repair/replace Server network interfaces using hard to find parts Jan. 89 – 2014 Owner/Producer, Scott Kleist Studios
» home-based 150 track audio/video recording studio for the production of CDs, broadcast ready commercial jingles, and multimedia presentations
Dec. 79 - 2014 Professional Musician/Group Leader, Self-Employed
» performed with/managed three musical groups
» developed Wisconsin's first live wireless digital sound and lighting control system Skills & Abilities
A+ Certification - Workstation, Server+
Educational Platform Hardware - Smartboard/Polyvision interactive whiteboards Educational Platform Software - SASIXP, Integrade Pro, Follett Destiny Library Management System, Wordware Lunch Front Page
Internet Information Server - Server 2008
Linux Operating System - Linux Fedora Core 2-6, Edubuntu Microsoft Office - Office 2013
Microsoft SQL Server - SQL 2008
Novell Netware - Netware 4-6.5
Outlook - Outlook 2010 and Exchange
VM Ware ESXI 4.1- 6.0 Essentials Plus, VCenter
Windows Operating System - Microsoft Windows 95/98/ME, 2000/XP/Vista/WIN7,10 Microsoft Server 2000-2008, Active Directory, Exchange Education
Sept. 10 - Present Network Specialist Program, Waukesha County Technical College Pewaukee, Wisconsin
Courses taken toward degree program include Active Directory 2008, and A+ Server certification, currently taking CCNA 1 and plan on finishing the Cisco CCNA security suite of classes and certifications.
Sept. 81 - May 82 Music major, University of Wisconsin-Waukesha Waukesha, Wisconsin
Sept. 79 - May 81 Music Education Major, University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Sept. 77 - June 79 High School, Kettle Moraine High School Wales, Wisconsin