John F. Havanas
Kent, Ohio 330-***-**** email@example.com
PURCHASING ENGINEERING MANUFACTURING
Mechanical Engineer with in-depth and proven success in change management, cost savings, and team leadership. Known for being an effective communicator and problem solver. Extensive background in purchasing and engineering offering a unique combination of skills.
• Project Management • Cost Savings
• Procurement • Process Improvement
• Autocad / Fusion 360 (similar to Solidworks) • Change Management
• Team Development • SAP
• Quality • Microsoft Office
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, The University of Akron, Akron, OH AutoCAD, the CAD Institute
Fusion 360 Currently taking courses online at Autodesk EIT Certificate
Philips Healthcare, Highland Heights, OH 2016 - 2018 Manufacturer of diagnostic imaging machines for healthcare providers. Procurement Engineer - Sourced spare parts from qualified suppliers.
• Collaborated on a change management team to ensure that suppliers could meet specifications & evaluated all changes for maneuverability and cost effectiveness.
• Implemented over $100K in savings.
Stolle Machinery Company, Canton, OH 2012-2016
Manufacturer of can making machines for the food industry. Buyer - Procured goods for the production and rebuilding of dies and presses.
• Obtained quotes, processed POs and expedited orders to meet delivery schedules.
• Worked with production manager, handling over $20M of parts and supplies each year. John F. Havanas 330-***-**** page 2
Goodrich Landing Gear, Cleveland, OH 2007-2012
Manufacturer of landing gear for military and commercial aircraft. Buyer/Planner - Member of the military spares department.
• Reduced spares backlog by over 10M.
• Obtained quotes, placed processed POs using SAP ERP system.
• Expedited orders.
• Assisted in creating the monthly forecast.
• Assisted with non-conformance issues and part movements.
• Charted daily metrics for requisitions, PO messages and debits. Pennsylvania Crusher Corporation, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 2006-2007 Manufacturer of coal crushers and granulators for industry, mainly utility companies. Purchasing Agent - Responsible for purchasing all of the castings and forgings as well as mechanical parts such as bearings and hydraulic components.
• Obtained quotes, place POs using ERP system, expedited orders, assisted with non- conformance issues and part movements.
• Implemented 5% cost savings on castings by utilizing lower cost suppliers. GMP Friction, Akron, OH (formerly General Metals Powder Company) 1988 - 2006 Project Engineer
Implemented Controls and data acquisition of Link Engineering Dynamometer Test System Including writing test procedure scripts and importing data to test reports. Purchasing Agent
Procured all goods and services, maintaining purchase order system and negotiating contracted services.
• Implemented over $25K in savings annually by identifying more cost effective suppliers.
• Transitioned over 75% of GMP’s stamping dies to new suppliers without any downtime. Project Engineer
Developed sintered metallic friction materials for brakes and clutches.
• Created or used established dynamometer test procedures to match the field conditions.
• Provided Engineering support to help increase sales by 10% annually. Norfolk Naval Shipyard, Portsmouth, 1985 - 1987
Submarine Test Director
Performed non-nuclear testing on board nuclear submarines.
• Interpret blueprints to determine test requirements and acceptance criterion.
• Coordination of multi-disciplined shop workers to perform tests.