Mayra S. Diaz
Experienced Administrative Assistant with strong work ethic. I’m dependable, highly motivated, and a drive for excellence. Areas of expertise include office manager, medical billing, payroll, customer service and medical assistant with front and back responsibilities. Skills
-Team leadership -Conflict resolution -Microsoft Word
-Extremely organized -Account reconciliation -Windows 7, 8, 10
-Self-motivated -Invoice coding & processing - Excel
-Data management -Bilingual -EMR
-Problem solving -Decision making -QB’s
AAA Premier Property Management 4250 Sabana Loop SE Ste. B Administrative Assistant Rio Rancho, NM 87124
01/18 – 06/18
● Performed a combination of routines; calculating, posted and verified documents to make payments to vendors, processed rental payments and obtained primary financial data for use in maintaining property accounting records.
• Immediately recorded all telephone and in-person visits on appropriate reports.
• Recorded monies collected and prepared bank deposit slips on an on-going basis.
• Ensured that all proper and legal documents are received, and accurately verified and recorded information from new vendors, prior to payment being processed.
• Communicated with Property Manager regarding accuracy of invoices received. Attached all purchase orders and coded invoices with high accuracy; according to company procedures.
• Ensured invoices received are approved, recorded and paid within a timely manner.
• Operated calculator, copy and facsimile machines to performed calculations, produced and distributed documents.
• Prepared statement of accounting notices for past residents. Reviewed and closed financial books for assigned properties on a monthly, quarterly basis, as well as year-end reports. Angela L. Drury, D.P.M 2312 Western Trails Blvd Ste. 103 Medical Assistant/Office Manager Austin, TX 78745
05/09 – 10/16
● Managed and serve as medical assistant to physician in medical office.
• Addressed staff issues and conducted regular performance reviews.
• Responsible for all financial aspects of the business, such as: billing, banking and accounting.
• Organized educational pamphlets and brochures of services readily available for patients.
• Assisted doctor in the development and implementation of a marketing practice while maintaining an appropriate office environment.
• Supported doctor in maintaining inventory and placing orders for new materials as needed.
• Recorded patient information such as: vital signs, weight and changes in medical history.
• Worked in the front office taking care of tasks such as answering phone calls and greeting patients as they entered the facility.
• Cleaned and prepared examination rooms prior to patient appointments Lovelace Westside Hospital 10501 Golf Course Rd NW Patient Access Representative Albuquerque, NM 87114
10/06 – 11/07
● Greeted patients and their caregivers and recorded pertinent information.
• Recorded insurance information and obtained pre-approval for treatment as needed.
• Prioritized the order of care so that the most critical patients are seen first.
• Kept paper and electronic medical records, and updated these records as needed.
• Provided information to insurance companies to assist with billing.
• Assisted patients during checkout, and ensured they have post-treatment instructions required.
• Referred individuals to outside agencies when unable to meet their needs
• Calculated payment information, accepted funds, and credits accounts accordingly. Santa Fe Pediatric Associates 1418 Luisa Street Ste. 5 Administrative Assistant Santa Fe, NM 87505
10/05 – 10/06
● Scheduled and verified patient appointments by phone, and updated patient files as needed.
• Collected and verified insurance information, and new patient forms.
• Scheduled laboratory tests as well as laboratory follow-up appointments.
• Collected and processed laboratory reports.
Carrington College Albuquerque, NM
Medical Assistant Certification August 2008 – May 2009 New Mexico State University Las Cruces, NM
36 credit hours accumulated August 1996 – April 1997 Onate High School Las Cruces, NM
High School Diploma August 1991– May 1995